Joss Labadie

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Interesting that the journalist who wrote the story about the Labadie allegations in the Daily Mail, Alan Biggs, has written in his Twitter account that he contacted the FA about the alleged biting. Is this what has prompted the FA to investigate Joss?

Interesting also that Biggs seems to waging a separate campaign to get the convicted thug Gary Madine reinstated by Sheffield Wednesday. Madine has just been released from jail after attacking two men in separate incidents. Great example to young kids playing football is Madine!

The words double and standards come to mind. Just because we are little old Torquay.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Innocent until proved guilty

On a side doesn't look like a bite injury, video shows nothing, officials/no one else saw anything - time to move on
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Laughable - there isn't actually a shred of evidence that Labadie has done anything untoward. So this "journalist" has contacted the Fa, so what? he is clearly a jumped up little prick.
The match video shows that the ref is about three yards away from the incident.
Isn't the allegation that he also bit a second player - isn't it the big french player who came on as sub and wanted to fight everybody.
So when was this supposed to have happened, and was this second "bite" also missed by all the match officials?
No case to answer m'lud - case dismissed. Quite ridiculous.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It depends how much evidence they need? If someone beats somebody up but no one witnessed it, then I guess it would be who they believe and if there was any evidence to support it.

Well, in this case, there is the injury, the video that shows Labadie with his head at the level the alleged bite is said to have taken place, and the reaction of the player gesturing to the referee. Not conclusive proof but probably enough for anyone keen to make an example to be satisfied by.

Whether the journalist has double standards or not, uLtimately doesn't matter if Labadie did do this. If a Chesterfield player was alleged to have done this to one of ours and we had the 'evidence' of a similar depth, I suspect there would an outrage on this forum. I hope that he didn't do it, I hope that the FA do not take action but I would be surprised if this doesn't end up in a ban of some sort for a key player of ours and at a key time.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

hector wrote:It depends how much evidence they need? If someone beats somebody up but no one witnessed it, then I guess it would be who they believe and if there was any evidence to support it.

Well, in this case, there is the injury, the video that shows Labadie with his head at the level the alleged bite is said to have taken place, and the reaction of the player gesturing to the referee. Not conclusive proof but probably enough for anyone keen to make an example to be satisfied by.

Whether the journalist has double standards or not, uLtimately doesn't matter if Labadie did do this. If a Chesterfield player was alleged to have done this to one of ours and we had the 'evidence' of a similar depth, I suspect there would an outrage on this forum. I hope that he didn't do it, I hope that the FA do not take action but I would be surprised if this doesn't end up in a ban of some sort for a key player of ours and at a key time.
You are 100% correct with that. I (like you) hope he did not do this but if he did then he deserves the book thrown at him and I feel uneasy having him playing with our badge on his chest.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote:Laughable - there isn't actually a shred of evidence that Labadie has done anything untoward. So this "journalist" has contacted the Fa, so what? he is clearly a jumped up little prick.
The match video shows that the ref is about three yards away from the incident.
Isn't the allegation that he also bit a second player - isn't it the big french player who came on as sub and wanted to fight everybody.
So when was this supposed to have happened, and was this second "bite" also missed by all the match officials?
No case to answer m'lud - case dismissed. Quite ridiculous.
more like absolute bo**ocks.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Richinns wrote: You are 100% correct with that. I (like you) hope he did not do this but if he did then he deserves the book thrown at him and I feel uneasy having him playing with our badge on his chest.

would there be?

I would say innocent untilproven guilty myself.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm not convinced there would. Raventwat did his best to end Billy's career the other week and it's barely received a mention on here. Different, I'll grant you, bit that dreadful tackle is definitely worse than nibbling a nipple.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

can't see that there has been much outcry from the chesterfield fans?
The gulls are going up
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

gullno4 wrote:can't see that there has been much outcry from the chesterfield fans?
Not in Chesterfields interest to make a big deal out of this. I think their focus is on a far bigger prize.
TUST member 328
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Richinns wrote: Not in Chesterfields interest to make a big deal out of this. I think their focus is on a far bigger prize.
Spot on! The fuss has been made by Alan Biggs the journalist and his mates on Twatter. They should keep their noses out of what does not concern them. Typical journo, trying to stir things up when there is nothing to stir.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Richinns wrote: You are 100% correct with that. I (like you) hope he did not do this but if he did then he deserves the book thrown at him and I feel uneasy having him playing with our badge on his chest.
Not until proven guilty, surely..
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Read the whole sentence Gullscorer:

"I (like you) hope he did not do this but if he did then he deserves the book thrown at him and I feel uneasy having him playing with our badge on his chest."
TUST member 328
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Richinns wrote:Read the whole sentence Gullscorer:

"I (like you) hope he did not do this but if he did then he deserves the book thrown at him and I feel uneasy having him playing with our badge on his chest."
I think henceforth the act of diving in and commenting without reading the whole sentence and, therefore, taking things out of context, will be know as "doing a Matt"

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Should Labadie be suspended then maybe James Harper would be a decent replacement? Especially as Cooper is out for several weeks.