Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Perhaps the tops with the possibility of having your initials printed on them too?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Andrew,

Could you possibly organise a fans forum event in the coming weeks? I understand it is a busy period for the club in terms of games etc, but with our football league status in serious doubt i feel the fans should be able to get some of their points over to the board in a diplomatic way and also gives a chance for board members such as Bill Phillips who are quite regularly being slated on here to defend theirselves and explain to us; the fans (the paying customer) why certain decisions have been made and what money is being invested where. If Hargreaves is too busy to take part in such an event that would be understandable with the amount of saturday tuesday games we have got coming up, but i still feel it would benfit the fans, the board and the Club as a whole if we could hold such an event, especially before we possibly lose our football league status!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, that won't happen. We've been over this a million times on here. The Board won't go giving away facts and figures for all sorts of business reasons. If you want a fans forum, we can have one (I'd fully support your call, I think now is exactly the right time), but the questions will be limited to much more tame subjects.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Obviously i know they can't give too much away, but i think an evening of dialogue with the men and women who make the big decisions at the club will surely improve relations between fans and board, because i don't think the fans/board relationship has been this bad since the board has taken over!
Hargreaves doesn't even have to be there, or if he was just there for a short period of time that would be fine because i'm not sure about anyone else but i'd only really like to hear his opinion on why Nathan Craig is deemed not good enough for the squad. Whereas i'm sure there will be alot of fans with alot of questions for Simon Baker, Bill Phillips, and Thea Bristow and the other directors.
I thoroughly enjoyed the fans forum's in the Buckle era, where he along with Alex Rowe gave full and frank honest answers, that really helped me to understand why certain players were let go, why certain decisions were made, and after this season i think alot of questions need to be answered.

Over to you Andrew?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Ok, well, I'm sure we'll get an answer on here before then, but if we don't (Andy is an extremely busy man), I'm seeing him Friday, so I'll raise it then.

Matt.
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Thanks Matt! Here's hoping for a positive response!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Hi Andy,

If the club believe that the 12th man can make the difference, could you sort out an incentive please?

A £10 entrance fee for the last lot of home games would be my idea.

GET BEHIND THE LADS! as the 1/2 time caller would say.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Did you manage to ask Andy, Matt?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Not seen him yet, be cool and check back in a couple of hours.

Matt.
Space Cadet
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Greg chappell

Post by Space Cadet »

:scarf: Would the club please think of laying on a cheap Football Special Bus Departing from Newton Abbot and returning to Newton Abbot directly after the game..Plymouth Argyle can..Why can't we?
Space Cadet
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Greg chappell

Post by Space Cadet »

Bring Colin Lee back into the fold..Keith Curle will keep us up..
Last edited by Space Cadet on 01 Mar 2014, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

If you want to post random nonsense, please pick an appropriate thread.

Gulls, the official position, I'm afraid, is fairly non-committal (not unexpectedly). The club is aware that a fans' forum is somewhat overdue, but there are not necessarily any immediate plans to change this.

Matt.
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Must say I'm dissappointed, the gap between the fans and board is just going to get wider and will turn sour if the people making the top decisions at the club are not seen to be interacting with us fans who work all week, and come and pay £20 a game, so a lot of weeks paying £40 quid out of their pocket to watch us roll over and lose to teams like Accrington, do they not realise how disheartening it is? Fans are already voting with their feet, this could have been an event to get everyone pulling in the same direction again, the fact they are aware one is overdue, is just not good enough!

Thanks for asking Andy, Matt, really appreciate it.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Could it possibly be due to the fact that it's a rather busy time for the club and all hands are on deck, so to speak.

I'm sure once things die down a bit, a forum will be organised.

I'd much rather minds were focused on us keeping our league status for now.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gullsdiv2 »

I take that on board Scott but this wasn't an issue during our fairly successful seasons under Buckle, the board found the time then, now when the club is in dire straits they seem to be hiding away from the fans, I don't find this acceptable, we lost 500 fans last week within 3 days between the Accrington and Burton game, and after today's result will no doubt lose more, the board needs to be doing everything they can to appease the fans, I bet if there was a poll on whether a fans forum was needed or not, 90% would say yes, a lot of people want answers! This season has been a disgrace!