Free ticket to give away in bench

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Free ticket to give away in bench

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Edited. No one is interested in my personal circumstances and quite rightly so.

Ticket free if we are 7 points or more adrift by the time this game comes around. Let me know if you are interested with your details and i'll send it to you should this scenario happen. I've put it up now because i'll have no internet pretty soon so won't be able to post or read messages.

If we are 7 points or more adrift come the Newport game i'll send it to you in good time as I won't be going.

There. Finished.
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 10 Mar 2014, 11:48, edited 2 times in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote: I have little option but to relinquish my ticket
A nine million word post based on this incredible premise. I know an American chap, flying over from California for this game, perhaps he could have your ticket since you can't be arsed with the 200 mile trip?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Indeed he could Matt.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

254 miles though to be exact. :na:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Well he can't, he's having mine. Buggered if I'm going to watch that shit again!! :rofl:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:Well he can't, he's having mine. Buggered if I'm going to watch that sh*t again!! :rofl:

Matt.
this yank must be getting to much good ol USA sunshine as well as being a plank to come all this way to watch us lose again.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Well in a few short hours I leave the secret world of 'online' for ever due to a payment dispute with my telecommunications provider and also partly because it's quite a sad world out there in social media land and it doesn't benefit me anymore. So whilst I'm sure most will be pleased I have to say how I am not surprised that nobody as yet has contacted me to say they would want the ticket. Perhaps they are super confident that we will be out of the bottom three when the Newport game comes around? I have to say I hope they are bloody well right! But anyway, as nobody has said they would like a free ticket then if I don't go it will have to go in the bin. Such a sad waste, I don't mind losing the £23, the club already has the cash but I would have liked to recycle the ticket and give it to another Gull.

You can lead a horse to water as they say........................

Oh and being a 37 year old fuddy duddy, I can't get the internet on my phone and I wouldn't want to. So long as I can call someone and perhaps text then that has always been and always will be perfectly adequate for my requirements.

Just thought i's pop that it incase anyone suggested it and thanks.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

I will take it Anthea. Just the 120 mile trip for me.....
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:Well in a few short hours I leave the secret world of 'online' for ever due to a payment dispute with my telecommunications provider and also partly because it's quite a sad world out there in social media land and it doesn't benefit me anymore. So whilst I'm sure most will be pleased I have to say how I am not surprised that nobody as yet has contacted me to say they would want the ticket. Perhaps they are super confident that we will be out of the bottom three when the Newport game comes around? I have to say I hope they are bloody well right! But anyway, as nobody has said they would like a free ticket then if I don't go it will have to go in the bin. Such a sad waste, I don't mind losing the £23, the club already has the cash but I would have liked to recycle the ticket and give it to another Gull.

You can lead a horse to water as they say........................

Oh and being a 37 year old fuddy duddy, I can't get the internet on my phone and I wouldn't want to. So long as I can call someone and perhaps text then that has always been and always will be perfectly adequate for my requirements.

Just thought i's pop that it incase anyone suggested it and thanks.
DON'T GO, ANDY .. DON'T GO !!! How will I fill all my empty hours if your postings aren't there to read ?? I reckon, just like Arnie. you'll be back ...... But whatever happens - I've enjoyed your posts (not always agreed with them) so whatever life throws at you, Andy - good luck. I reckon you're one of life's characters (a dying breed these days, sadly) and you'll be okay. :-D
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Forest gull wrote:I will take it Anthea. Just the 120 mile trip for me.....
no manners, i wouldnt give it to you without the magic word!!

all the best andy, hope to catch up at a match next season, if you're really not going to go to mansfield?

cheers buddy
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 03 Mar 2014, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'd be delighted FG. I know YOU get a bit angry sometimes and often have highlighted how difficult it can be on here from time to time having an opinion. People don't like it if you knock the players or the manager on here (not at games) when in actual fact it is a combination of them all being crap or not giving a toss that is greatly responsible for why a football team struggles. It is always because we've got no money for players or something else but never them. If they are not very good then I can accept that but not very good footballers can be taught to compete and battle and sweat blood, not for us but for their employers. If you get angry as well about it into the bargain on here then you're on a hiding to nothing when in fact it's only the passion coming out in the only way it can. I know you understand this mate and I am very happy to give you the ticket. Whilst others look for alternative reasons why we are 7 points adrift I prefer to look at what is tangible. The managers and those that play and have played.

I trust you are hoping that you DON'T get the ticket because that would then mean we're still in it but if we're 7 points or more adrift then I can't justify spending any more cash and time this season.

PM me your details mate and if such a scenario happens then I will send the ticket in the week before the match.

Cheers FG.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'll probably end up going to York and Mansfield regardless Bix, I just wouldn't be able to keep away mate! I'm not prepared to go anywhere else though until I see some fight. If we didn't get any more points this season but **** well had a real crack then I'd still go. I can't accept any more piss taking. It's not right and it's not fair but then again, I'm not a real fan though am I? HAHA

Thanks lads. I'll see you around !!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Make sure you PM me your details pretty sharpish FG. I'm not 100% sure when my connection will go bud.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Managed to sneak a bit of time on a PC somewhere so just thought I'd refresh this thread as Forest Gull never did PM his details so I still have a free ticket to give away for the bench for the game vs Newport. I won't be going for definite so if anyone wants it if they PM me in the next hour then I can get your details and send it off to you. If anyone wants a free night in the Premier Inn in Bridgwater on that Saturday night and they can pass for me then they are welcome to it too. I can't get my cash back on that either so I don't know if anyone can just rock up and take the room or if is even allowed but you're welcome to it.

I've said all I need to about our season and I accepted relegation months ago in my head. I'm firmly in the Alan Knill to take much of the culpability for this along with most of the God awful squad he assembled but I can understand those critical of the board also. Anyway, it's done and dusted. Let Alan move on with Northampton and we just concentrate on next season and focussing on what we need to do.

I cannot justify even watching or supporting these players for the rest of this season as I strongly feel that 90% of them do not come close to deserving any of what they have been given thus far. Many will disagree and I understand that too but I will be going to York and I will be going to Mansfield but not to support the players, many of whom who won't be here next season anyway but I'm going solely to show the York and Mansfield fans that we get behind our CLUB and 'our' (your) town even if the games are meaningless. I am still proud of Torquay United and being a fan of the club, I am not proud of our players as they have been worse than awful for most of the season and there has to come a point where support for consistent failure has to be questioned and if necessary stopped. I won't be shouting any words of encouragement to our players or singing their names just singing Torquay songs. It's a mini protest if you like. After all, I wouldn't nip into a bank and start praising executive management for ensuring many elderly folk now have to work until they are a hundred and eight before retiring whilst they are still getting handsomely rewarded.

I am really excited about the new season and if I assume we are to be in the conference then equally so. Why not? Those who are spreading Armageddon scenarios for TUFC have to be taken with a pinch of salt IMO. They are understandably frustrated and annoyed with what is happening but even without being privy to anything behind the scenes at TUFC I just can't see us collapsing into the conference south. If we do then we deal with it then. What we need is to have much of our squad decimated and new faces in, I want to see eager, hungry players next season, a blend of a few old heads and youngsters and lower non league players given opportunities to make something of themselves. Gone are the Buckle days. It's a new Torquay now and I suggest we renew our season tickets (if the club lower prices - of not they are taking the piss - it's not the fans fault we are in this situation so they shouldn't make them pay for it), I suggest we travel in numbers and pack out some of these 'unique' sporting venues such as Alfreton and Bromley, make some noise, show football that we don't need to do a Chesterfield or whatever and spend cash we haven't got but we can cut our cloth and survive despite our restrictive geographical position. We can show the Grimsbys the Lincolns and the Wrexhams that we are just nipping into the conference for a short holiday due to return home to the football league once we have had enough of day trip excursions to the tourist attractions of Hereford, Cambridge, Nailsworth, Chester and the like.

One thing I would like to add and I notice some of you have also been willing to incur the wrath of pro-Hargeaves supporters by doing this but I would also like to say that I have HUGE concerns about Chris and his ability to manage us next season. I accept Chris has had a humongously difficult job these past few months but I haven't seen anything from him at all really that suggests to me he has the brutality and often common sense required in terms of making critical management decisions in games. Not a criticism of him as a man and a club legend, I'm just basing my opinion on little things that have really surprised me during his short time with us. Again I do allow for the fact that most of the players lack confidence and are not very good but anyway, said it now so that is my view at the moment. I'm sure he will improve greatly as he makes the team his own and gets to grips with things over the summer but I just feel it won't be enough in what is a tough tough league. I've seen a lot of the Skrill this season and I'm very impressed, certainly it's been better than some of the league 2 dirge I've seen.

So in a nutshell (that one is specially for Gullscorer :na: ) we just crack on from next season and go into it with optimism and a sense of adventure. It would be beneficial if the club thought about being more interactive and communicative with the fans as at times it has felt like an 'them and us' mentality amongst some and what they really need to be doing now is busting their asses to get as many of us on side as they possibly can. I'm not entirely sure they have the ability to do this however but it's their 'business' and we are the 'customers' so they should really be looking at it from this angle IMO and how they can retain their customers and stop them 'shopping' elsewhere as it were. Look after the fans and even given an persistently excruciatingly tortuous level of shitness on the pitch then the fans for the most part will look after you. Alienate them and take them for granted and impatience and resentment will grow.

That's it anyway. A long winded reminder to anyone who wants the free ticket I know but back on topic, if you want the freebie then PM me in the next hour.

Cheers all. COYY!!!!!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

In the summer, after the world cup and some cracking barbecues, the fixtures come out and then this happens................................

It takes over and we all pile down to Plainmoor (or up to our first away game) and we sit in the sunshine and hope.

Love the club, it may be unrequited but when it takes over WE ARE THE TORQUAY BOYS!!!!!!