Ticket for Newport at Home

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Don't think that that is entirely fair on paigull,I think he or she is only trying to follow up on Andy's offer (but hijacking this thread !); unfortunately Andy's without internet, so difficult to contact. The other comments are fuelled by unfortunate performances of late, I would think. Hope Pea can sell her ticket..I'd probably have had it if I didn't already have one. Sorry !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

diamondgirl wrote:What's the matter with you lot? The young student purchased the ticket with the intention of going and supporting the team. She now has a presentation and is unable to go. Those of you saying you will have the ticket, but only if it's free, are a disgrace. Either you are going to support the team, or you are not. It matters not that that one person (who is prone to having hissy fits, sorry Andy) gives his ticket away. I think you are being unfair, to a young, hard working, student who was prepared to support the club by purchasing her ticket in advance, by suggesting that she give the ticket away. If you were going to the game, then you were prepared to pay for a ticket. Why do you think it's appropriate to expect a student to pay for your admission. Stop suggesting it, and if you want to go, then pay the going price.
Rant over or can we expect more? :lol:
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

It's not a rant, as such, it's just disappointment in, some peoples attitude. Not so much in the disregard of the team, but in the flippant disrespect of a fellow supporter, who has layed out a few pounds and now, because of circumstances, is just trying to recoup it. It's not like she is trying to sell the ticket for twice the price, just what you would have to pay anyway.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

diamondgirl wrote:It's not a rant, as such, it's just disappointment in, some peoples attitude. Not so much in the disregard of the team, but in the flippant disrespect of a fellow supporter, who has layed out a few pounds and now, because of circumstances, is just trying to recoup it. It's not like she is trying to sell the ticket for twice the price, just what you would have to pay anyway.
I know and agree with your sentiment. Was only having a giggle :)
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

I'll forgive you then. :-D
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

If there was a cheap way of me getting over for this, I'd have purchased it, but it's going to cost me £154 to fly to Southampton and there's go chance of me getting back to Southampton to catch the 7:15pm flight back

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

You are forgiven, as well, then Scott. I do have a lilo you could borrow. How long would it take to to paddle across? :~D
paigull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by paigull »

Sorry to have upset you diamondgirl, but I go to every home game (only missed 1st 1 as i couldnt afford it) even when i havent felt like going cos of the position we're in. I dont go to away games as i cant afford them. I'll be going tonight & buying a ticket for the newport game, but wouldnt everyone take a free ticket to a game if they were offered it?

UP THE GULLS!
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Paigull. Apology accepted. Please accept mine. It was not my intention to pick on any one individual, you just happened to be in the firing line.

I was just a wee bit annoyed that someone (Who I know personally) put up a genuine post. She is a student and has spent a lot of money on following TUFC, home & away, this season. She wanted to go to the Newport game (She has been to all home games plus all but about 4 away). She took the time, and spent the money, the buy the "Big Five" tickets, a couple of months ago. Due to university commitments she is, now, unable to go next Sat. All she wanted was to try and recoup her money, if possible. Some people (All be it probably in jest) though it would be ammusing to suggest that she either give the ticket away or, worst still, pay someone to take it off her hands.

I admit I have probably gone a bit OTT but I was, as I said, a bit p****d off with the flippant attitude of some fellow supporters.

In answer to your question, yes, I would take a free ticket, of course I would.

But, instead of getting your Newport ticket at the box office, tonight, why dont you arrange to meet myself and Pea and buy her ticket!! You get what you want (Maybe with a small saving :whistle: ), she gets her money. Everyone is happy. Simples.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

That's a decent idea. You'll pay a quid more at the box office than at Pea, since you'll be paying for the millions of Devon & Cornwall's finest to stand about with thumb up arse waiting for the two dozen Newport fans to start the world's most pitiful riot.
I think, in the Newport game, we might just have found a bigger waste of police time than their hiding in the bushes with a speed gun (or putting a cock and balls on display in Pets At Home...)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

diamondgirl wrote:Paigull. Apology accepted. Please accept mine. It was not my intention to pick on any one individual, you just happened to be in the firing line.

I was just a wee bit annoyed that someone (Who I know personally) put up a genuine post. She is a student and has spent a lot of money on following TUFC, home & away, this season. She wanted to go to the Newport game (She has been to all home games plus all but about 4 away). She took the time, and spent the money, the buy the "Big Five" tickets, a couple of months ago. Due to university commitments she is, now, unable to go next Sat. All she wanted was to try and recoup her money, if possible. Some people (All be it probably in jest) though it would be ammusing to suggest that she either give the ticket away or, worst still, pay someone to take it off her hands.

I admit I have probably gone a bit OTT but I was, as I said, a bit p****d off with the flippant attitude of some fellow supporters.

In answer to your question, yes, I would take a free ticket, of course I would.

But, instead of getting your Newport ticket at the box office, tonight, why dont you arrange to meet myself and Pea and buy her ticket!! You get what you want (Maybe with a small saving :whistle: ), she gets her money. Everyone is happy. Simples.

ladies and gentlemen of the Forum.

dont rile or pull the chain of the diamondgirl......... :whip:

or else........... :-o
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

And, of course, the person who pulls my chain the most is......................Super. :clap: :lol: :na:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

diamondgirl wrote:And, of course, the person who pulls my chain the most is......................Super. :clap: :lol: :na:
Aren't you supposed to pull his....

:Z

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Strangely enough thats what Super said. :Z

Are you taking up my offer of a lilo Scott? :)
paigull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by paigull »

Hi diamondgirl, apology accepted! I would gladly pay Pea for saturdays game but her ticket is for the Popside & i wanted it for the Bench, where i usually sit, which is why i wanted to get in touch with austrianandy.

Lets hope for a good game tonight with a result for us.

Thanks anyway

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!