Torquay United V Bury 18/3/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Alan Knill isn't the manager of Northampton so you cannot make any comparison whatsoever.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Are you actually serious - why would a Tuesday night match against Bury be all ticket?
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

And for once I'm looking at Exeter's run in,,,, ALL there games between now and the end of the season on paper look tough. It ain't over yet
rodneyjackjackjack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by rodneyjackjackjack »

Great stuff.Hope you enjoyed the celebration! Nothing like a last minute absolutley vital goal! Must have been crazy
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Although I thinks it's too late it must have been really good to be there and witness a last minute win for us, just for a nice change. Well done lads!!! :)
Oblivion!!!!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

for anyone who was at the game, what on earth was their keeping doing? Terrible game he made rice look good!

Fantastic effort by the players, shame Cameron went off injured he had a great first half!
Don't understand this Stevens inclusion - he played okay tonight but did nothing Chappel couldn't do!
If Bodin/Cameron & Chappel are fit for Saturday Stevens shouldn't be on the bench

Ref, started off okay and then descended into completely awful!
Don't know why people in the middle of the pop were getting angry at each other - you looked like fools!

Bring on Newport!!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: Haven't been able to celebrate a goal like that in a long time l!

The place was rocking
nice one.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote:I'm ashamed to say, I didn't go tonight. I thought it was all-ticket.. :-|
plank.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep good effort by the players and much appreciated, but what a frustratingly poor performance at times that was, this team look scared of winning, second how many times did I want to shout "settle" balls just whacked aimlessly when we had so much time, and what bugs me the most is time and time again we have no player running beyond the midfield, the prime example, Goodwin in the second half put sand ball into the box, it's right on the money, begging for someone to get on the end it, no one there.

Any way enough if that, we won, and what an what an important win it was, I suppose right now it's results that count over performances, but as Roar says their goalkeeper was possibly the worst in living memory, should have got at him more, Pearce another great game, but Downes stole the show for me, back to something like his best, Goodwin I think has a big future in the game, and a shame for Cameron, really starting to look the part.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So Newport on Saturday. They have precisely one win in the last fourteen games which is actually worse than us. Failed to beat Exeter on Sunday. Prior to that they were wopped 4-1 by the mighty Morecambe (who seem to concede five against everybody else) and prior to that got beaten by Mansfield. They still have a chance of the play offs which says it all really.
They also have a few injuries in defence and seem to be playing every two days in order to catch up all their games in hand.
They play tomorrow night when Hopefully Fat arsed Rene Howe and Zebroski will both get sent off and they will get another couple of players crocked.
They should be completely knackered by Saturday - maybe the only downside will be that they will have good away support.
Another defeat tomorrow night should see their play off aspirations go down the swanee.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I drove down from work in Stafford via Cardiff for the game and was pleasantly surprised by a last gasp winner :scarf:

Poor attendance but you can't blame people for staying away, the quality isn't great.

Good first half though tonight :scarf:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

brucie wrote:Easy to say but it must surely be obvious to anyone that Yeoman would always be more likely to score a goal than Hawley.
Wouldn't fancy us against Newport to be honest with Zebroski and Howe but a big plus for us that they are playing tomorrow.
Playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday it was never going to be a classic - sounded like a good shift from flu victim Benyon.
Unfortunately Hargreaves will probably play the same team again on Saturday and will include Stevens.
I would be looking for some fresh legs ie O'Connor if he is fit. Bodin if he is recovered could be a big plus for us. Benyons got three days rest.
Northampton are basically fecking hopeless. Morecambe are appalling and have let Accrington win tonight.
What a crying shame we didn't win at Cheltenham.
At half past nine tonight we were relegated. Should we win on Saturday we would quite unbelievably have some sort of a chance of staying up.
I just don't think we are anything like good enough to stay up really but heres still hoping.

It would be a mistake to start with Stevens, he did not get to the pace of the game.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

gullno4 wrote:not going tonight, can't be dealing with the frustration of watching us lose to a late winner!
I am a fool and I apologise for my negative comments!
The gulls are going up
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Anyone know the extent of Cameron's injury?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14