York City v Torquay United 25/3/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

2- 0 to York. We will be sooo unlucky once again but hey! non league and we know we are.
Oblivion!!!!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Have a safe journey everyone I shall be with you in spirit and thinking positive 0-1 win Downes header it's about time he scored again. :keepie:
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Fair play to the ones making the journey, I beg for 3 points, not so much for the club, but for the sake of the travelling fans!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Interesting to see York have Josh Carson and Wes Fletcher both out for this game, probably means Jarvis to come in, but they are big losses for them especially Carson!

Hopefully Goodwins :red: will be overturned and then we can have some pace going forward
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I will be going to Bootham Crescent with my Dad. Tick off another football league ground before we go down... Afternoon off work will probably be more enjoyable than the match, but you never know.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm going to the Devon derby instead.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm going to the Devon derby instead.

Matt.

supporting the Greens i hope Matt :-D
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Would not be shocked if got something out of this game ...here's hoping, we sure need it
COYY
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
okehampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ALAN WELSH

Post by okehampton gull »

I shall be there tomorrow night I fully expect a win , we play better in the dark, Rochdale ,bury, just hope we don't wear those shit pale blue Plymouth colours , whose crap idea was that , we have not won in these poxy colours. 3-1 to us , and then on to beat southend on Saturday .. . no I am not on drugs ,,,,,, yet.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: unless its either a) a bugatti or b) a RAF Tornado, you are talking wet.
Of course I was you plonker. We all joke about Matt drooling over my Daimler. Although It is 4 ltr supercharged I doubt I could get through traffic in time. I might be 10 or so minutes late. lol Matts car couldn't keep up with a carthorse let alone mine. :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

The team coach didn't take 7 hours-the fecking thing broke down again on the way up to Yorkshire yesterday.That's the third time in recent weeks.
Sack the coach(company).
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

If Goodwin loses appeal we have a real problem out wide;Cameron's still out and Danny's injured too.Chapell might play but I'm really not sure Greavsie rates him.Perhaps Thompson will be given a run?
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

All good things come to an end, will it be Yorks good run of form? Highly doubt it but they are due a defeat.

Safe travels to all who are going, fully expecting a defeat from this one but let's hope we can pull something out of the bag.

Head says 1-1 (being optimistic)
Heart says 3-0 York.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Everyone saying we're destined a loss, last two mid week games have brought us 6 points against in form teams, one of which topping the table. So don't be so defeative!
We'll be back...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Well dare I say that this is the first of '8 cup finals'. Should we ever play 8 cup finals there is a high probability of playing shit in many of them and losing therefore I'd like to drop that ridiculous overused phrase right now thankyou very much.

We have 8 league games left with 24 points still left to play for. It's pure maths. Extra time and penalties don't enter the equation here. I've learnt this season that games of football can be won by playing like 11 chinchillas on valium, as the wins for Newport, Accrington and many many others against us this season will attest. You just need a bit of fortitude, a bit of luck and the opposition to be totally shite. Hopefully tonight we can hope York have a stinker and if we play equally as shit then we have a great chance of getting a win.

Make no mistake, this game will be woeful. A dour affair of us trying to keep them out whilst offering zilch in the way of attacking intent and goalscoring opportunities ourselves. Pretty much like last seasons visit then really where we had 2 half chances and scored them both to run out 2 nil winners. My God I was bored senseless but I'd take that again tonight.

I think we've been saying 'must win game' pretty much the last month or so and this one is no different. If other results go against us tonight and we lose then any remaining flicker of hope I had of staying up will perish into the Yorkshire night. We can't keep plodding along picking up the odd win. We'll probably need to win at least 4 of our last 8 to stay up and if not tonight then it is 4 from 7. If we don't get the job done this evening then I find it impossible to even hope it can be done.

I have to wait for a mate to finish work after 5 and then I shall be heading up but doubtful i'll get time to pop in anywhere for a drink. I'll be cutting it fine and even more so if my usual parking spots are taken. I really wanted to get pissed for this game and one day I will get smashed before a game and to hell with the meds! If I experience cardiac discomfort then what the hell! Rock and roll!!

When that happens you are free to make your excuses and leave the ground. (I mean when I turn up having had a few, not if I collapse with heart problems - please do stay around to help then. Just kick me in the bollocks or summat and i'll be right as rain)

Anyway. Getting ready for this and can't wait for tonight. I've forgotten about the Newport game now, mainly because there was absolutely nothing to remember about it, and COYY!!!!!!

YORKSHIRE BORN AND TETLEY BITTER NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH!!!!

COYY!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.