York City v Torquay United 25/3/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I went to Molineux tonight to watch Wolves beat Colchester 4-2. Stayed in touch with events in York and quite frankly didn't find myself getting upset when the goal went in so early.

I can't wait for this season to finish. We're absolute shit and I have a sneaky feeling Mansell and Nicholson will get 1 year deals offered to them in the summer.

I can't stand the club at the moment. I dread going to games and enjoy going to watch other clubs far more.

Next season I've already started considering a season ticket for another club to rid myself of the misery.

Nicholson was roasted back in August at Northampton but on the day we scraped a win and it was ignored. He's been crap all season.

Chris Hargreaves was the majority of the fans choice. Just because he clenches his fists and shouts "Come on" it doesn't make him a good manager.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Its not Hargreaves fault to be honest he's managing Torquay a club that is getting sub 2000 crowds where the previous manager blew our entire budget giving utter dross like tonge harding benyon and hawley two year deals on an absolute wedge relatively speaking.

We are bottom of the league with little money who the hell would want to come to us? The crap no other clubs want or kids desperate for any chance to play and with that comes a mixed bag.

The one thing that I am amazed neither has done is sign a competent left back as both of ours aren't good enough for this league anymore. Hargreaves has tried to get new players in he's tried desperately to find strikers but it just hasn't happened.

Pleased to see Cameron get an overdue recall to the side, Yeoman, Thompson and possibly even Zidane Craig-Messi should get more game time over thr coming weeks to see if they can offer us something in the Conference next year. You can't polish a turd and Hargreaves inherited the biggest turd ever dropped from the arse of a football club with these bunch of gutless talentless pricks that represent our club every week. What he needs to do is use these last few games to sort out the few he might want for next year then desperately try to get rid of the rest. Good luck trying to find clubs stupid enough to take them.

Season has been a disaster in all honesty with Pearce and Rice our two best players all season and even both of them got dropped! Mind boggling.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

You say it's not Hargreaves fault but where's our pattern of play?

Why does Rice continue to lump it forward towards the head of Benyon when it should be going to Showumni?
Why does Nico always lump it forward with no real direction?
Why do we not try to play out through the full backs?
Why does he not tell Benyon to stop falling over the minute an opposing player comes near?

Hargreaves job is to instill a style of play and encourage the team to try and play the ball. We're not playing any better or worse than we did under Knill.

The board have dropped an absolute clanger appointing him but in fairness the fans got their man.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

Because our players are shit mate. You want us to build from the back? LOL
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

You can't polish a turd and most of the players are Knills signings, not saying Hargreaves has signed well but with the limitations of no money bottom of the league one of yhe worst payers and just being torquay it wasn't going to be easy.

Judge Hargreaves next season.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

No thanks, I'm done with going regularly after this season.

Never been so disillusioned with the club and have decided I'd rather watch my football elsewhere. Tonight it was Wolves.

taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

If the club is stupid enough (which I have no doubt it is) to offer new deals to mansell and Nicholson in the summer, please do the honourable thing and call it a day - both of your careers have come and gone I'm afraid.
Last edited by taunton_gull on 26 Mar 2014, 00:05, edited 2 times in total.
The original taunton_gull!!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

tomogull wrote:Just checked the line-up for tonight. Lathrope on the bench and Harding starts - I DO NOT BELIEVE IT !!!!!! Mansell and Harding in central midfield at the beginning of the season was an utter disaster and now Hargreaves is pairing them together again. I have come around to SuperNickWroe's opinion that an experienced manager should have been appointed, or an experienced manager who could have worked alongside Hargreaves until the end of the season.
We had an "experienced" manager - in fact we had two.

One got given the sack for being sick, oops, sorry I mean for footballing reasons.

The other was utter shit and the reason we are in this mess in the first place.

The board made a mistake in sacking Ling, a mistake in appointing Knill, a mistake in keeping him for so long when it was clear he didn't know his arse from his elbow and then they took a gamble on two fans favourites.

All these decisions have now backfired spectacularly.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote: We had an "experienced" manager - in fact we had two.

One got given the sack for being sick, oops, sorry I mean for footballing reasons.

The other was utter sh*t and the reason we are in this mess in the first place.

The board made a mistake in sacking Ling, a mistake in appointing Knill, a mistake in keeping him for so long when it was clear he didn't know his arse from his elbow and then they took a gamble on two fans favourites.

All these decisions have now backfired spectacularly.
you forgot the mistake to give the job to CH.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Errrr, no I didn't. Read it again.

STIP
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Errrr, no I didn't. Read it again.
sorry mate. :Oops:

i thought the "fans favourites" were nicho and manse.......... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

No worries - I'll let you off seeing as you've had a shit night. Watching Torquay is bad enough, but having to put up with Andy and, even worse, a guy from dirty Leeds, must have left wondering who you'd pissed off in a former life

;-)

STIP
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote:No worries - I'll let you off seeing as you've had a sh*t night. Watching Torquay is bad enough, but having to put up with Andy and, even worse, a guy from dirty Leeds, must have left wondering who you'd pissed off in a former life

;-)
True. =D

TUST Member 468

okehampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ALAN WELSH

Post by okehampton gull »

I was going to bed , in York , after watching the game tonight , it really is guess who the **** is playing this week , I challenge anyone to name the team for this Saturday coming , I expect Hargreaves will be playing, hes itching to play , given up his so called management duties to be one of the lads , I expect the tea lady to be playing along with danny stevens , where the **** did he come from , enoch ,s cousin cause hes 6foot **** 11 inches tall yeah he cant jump either , oh and craig Easton hes here why not play him , oh Chris you forgot let Thea have a game after all she is paying you bunch of tossers every week. Frank o.farrell is still watching this joker every week please give him some advice , he knocked mr Knill on the telly , said things had to change ,well let me tell you mate , he wasn't great , but youre a country mile behind him. I would go and buy a shop , because youre management skills are Knill.
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

What's truly sad is that for all the problems with the squad (and by all accounts there are problems all over the pitch) if we had just one striker (out of the approximately 30 we've tried) who could score we'd be comfortably safe. Such is the wretched state of the league. We'll be condemned to non-league oblivion when just a handful of goals over the span of 9 months would've been enough to keep us up without a worry.