Another Loanee Signs - Ryan Gilligan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Richinns wrote:
If you go to their fans forum - they are suddenly saying he is crap and injured!!!
http://www.thehotelend.co.uk/

I wouldn't expect anything else from them, Rich. Seem like a bunch of muppets to be honest, apart from a couple of realists ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Any idea if there is plans to take this further than a 1 month loan Dave?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Richinns wrote:Any idea if there is plans to take this further than a 1 month loan Dave?

I think all three of the recent ones are planned for the longer term but I'm not fluent in the rules of loan deals, Chris (CP Gull) normally knows how they work so I'll eagerly await his input.
Dave

gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by gulls_aloud »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I'd expect someone to move out first to make room in the budget for another signing so it'll be interesting to see if that happens.
Interesting in a good way??????????????? Have had a bad feeling about this even though I know I have to accept that we can't hold onto everyone for ever.

Excellent news on all three new signings!!!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Crikey, there are some fairly "strong" opinions on there!!!!

I always think it's disappointing when a player like that who has given very good service (under at least three different Managers to my knowledge), made more than 200 appearances, has scored some important goals for them and even though he has only just turned 24 has even captained their side, is treated like that just because he has gone out on loan to another club for a month in order to get first team football!

I imagine he is out of contract in the summer and as he is over 24 he will therefore be a free agent. Therefore much like Craig Stanley he wants to be playing regularly, hopefully in order to earn a permanent contract with us in the summer or if not then at the very least to "put himself in the shop window" in order to get a move elsewhere. Who can "blame" him for that????

It just goes to show how terribly fickle some football fans are and yet they demand loyalty from players ?????

I really hope for Gilligan's sake that he never has to pull their shirt on again (which he could as it's only for 1 month as things stand) - why on earth would he want to though?

Welcome to the club Gilly, hope it works out for you. :-D
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

gulls_aloud wrote: Interesting in a good way??????????????? Have had a bad feeling about this even though I know I have to accept that we can't hold onto everyone for ever.

Excellent news on all three new signings!!!
I think we have players we could lose without getting too upset, don't you?

I think we've got a good little player in Gilligan, and one we can get the best out of. As Chris says, he really does deserve better than he's getting from those muppets on that forum.
Dave

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Seems their fans see their time in L2 as a blip (like us in the conference) rather than their time in L1 as overachievement.
I like the comment about "he only got in our team because we didn't have anyone better."
Well... Yeah... Think about that for a second and see if anything springs to mind.
By that logic, Dartford FC play Tim Smith in goal because they haven't got anyone better, yes, quite, which is why Manchester United are at the top of the Premier League and Dartford are not, BECAUSE THEY HAVE BETTER PLAYERS!

They do seem an angry lot. A bit like this place in the Knoberts year, one half making comment and the other half saying it's all bollocks. Whatever, I'll judge him while he's at TUFC, not based on the opinions of militant northerners most of whom appear to be suffering delusions of grandeur.

Spell check when I get home.

Matt.

Edit: Thanks Dave.
Last edited by ferrarilover on 10 Feb 2011, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Is that you on their forum Matt???
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Grandeur ;-)

They remind me of Greeks, up their own arses and totally deluded.
Dave

gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by gulls_aloud »

Southampton Gull wrote:

I think we have players we could lose without getting too upset, don't you?

I think we've got a good little player in Gilligan, and one we can get the best out of. As Chris says, he really does deserve better than he's getting from those muppets on that forum.
Yes, you are right, SG, there are some players that it would not upset me to see go and get regular first team football elsewhere.

The banter on their forum is very entertaining, and, as you say, our scout is doing a sterling job for us and these are suddenly exciting times.
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by AndyC »

I believe Gilligan signed a new deal last summer, but I would be very surprised if none of the four current loanees (Oastler included) is still here come August.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Quote: I like the comment about "he only got in our team because we didn't have anyone better."

SURELY, that applies to every player in every team? :whistle:
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote:

Dave, if that's you posting as Gully, you should send them a few quotes from the matchthread of the Northampton game, there must be some pearlers in there :lol:
Dave, is there anyway I can see that? I saw the one Northampton fan in the buildup, how they'll smash us and dominate our midfield, but then went on holiday, so missed any post-match comments. Then the site was down, and I don't know if theres an archive for threads before, or no.

If you can access it, can you post the link to it please? Cheers :~D
Cobblersfan
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Chris hargreaves

Post by Cobblersfan »

Hi all I'm a fan of the cobblers and to be fair I think Ryan gilligan will be a very good signing for you.
A lot of our fans seem to knock him but he's played over 200 games for us many in league one and also played in our legendary anfield win!!!!
He's the sort of player who does stuff that goes unnoticed in a game but also can score decent goals not great in the air but a decent shot on him scored many from outside the area.
Can seem to go missing sometimes but is a box to box player who if this makes sense you seem to miss more when he's not playing than notice when he is!!!
I think what many fans on our forum are trying to say but coming across as arses are that at the moment our midfield is as good as any in this division with players such as osman Davis wedderburn laurent Jacobs walker etc getting in the team infront of him.
We also have players such as kevin Thornton who can't get in our midfield and on his day he is different class beleive me.
It's just that it is exciting times for us right now with the chairman finally showing ambition and signing very good players for this level.
I'm sure you'd agree a front pairing of leon mckenzie and shaun harrod isn't too shabby.
Anyway I think Ryan gilligan will be a player who you will take to and if you sign him permanently I bet one day he will captain you too.
All the best for the rest of the season all bar one game!!! And good luck Ryan gilligan.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Good post, cobblersfan, and cheers for the insight. You seem a better Cobbler than the one we had back in August.. he was very funny.

:)