Season Ticket Renewal - Retained List

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Season Ticket Renewal - Retained List

Post by MidDevon »

I will be waiting to see the retained list before deciding if I will renew my season ticket.

If "The old boys network" are part of Hargreaves great plan next season, I am off.

am I alone?
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

Does not matter who stays or who goes it's a no from me for season ticket, just pick and choose my home games next season, plus another away days at Forest green and Salisbury that i enjoyed last time round
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I'm gone already.

For £80 more I can get the highest priced ST at Ashton Gate to watch L1 football next season. It's only a 30 minute journey compared to 1h 15m down to Plainmoor.

I've been a ST holder for years but the last two years and in particular this year have done me in.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It's a no from me regardless of who stays or goes, been a season ticket holder for 8 years, not handing over £295 to rock up at Plainmoor and get wound up and angry, and fuel my own depression any more.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Ok, I suppose you are more likely to answer this thread if you are not going to renew next year, but i do think the club has scored a massive own-goal with next years pricing....as we stand at the moment hardly anyone I know is renewing next year.

Looking through fixtures next year Bromley, Welling and Gateshead and the like, are just not attractive fixtures and with Aldershot and Hereford possibly dropping out , the nearest ex-league team is possibly who goes down with us Wycombe or Northampton.

I gave up watching Torquay for about 8 years when the children were young and I was working lots of weekends to make ends meet and believe me, once you stop having a season ticket, you do quickly get out of the habit of going to Plainmoor.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That's fair point about pricing MD , however when relegation is confirmed, if the club was to (not saying they will) reduce prices for next season that still wouldn't change my mind, interesting to know whether Robbo and Burnham would re-considered if prices were reduced.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

I renewed my season ticket today. I still want Torquay United to do well and to do that they need money. Torquay United is my club and I will support them, whatever division we are in. I'm in for the good times and the bad times.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

forevertufc wrote:That's fair point about pricing MD , however when relegation is confirmed, if the club was to (not saying they will) reduce prices for next season that still wouldn't change my mind, interesting to know whether Robbo and Burnham would re-considered if prices were reduced.
I'm sure the club have already said that prices will be the same next season regardless of which league.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Your right AR they have, but there's still time for a U-turn, even though some have already renewed.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

forevertufc wrote:Your right AR they have, but there's still time for a U-turn, even though some have already renewed.
In some ways I hope they do. I'm not sure announcing the prices for next season, when the club is deep in shit, was a good PR exercise. I could understand if a fair few fans think its a slap in the face of their loyalty.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

forevertufc wrote:That's fair point about pricing MD , however when relegation is confirmed, if the club was to (not saying they will) reduce prices for next season that still wouldn't change my mind, interesting to know whether Robbo and Burnham would re-considered if prices were reduced.
For me it's not just about the price. If we stayed up, I'd renew straight away.

This season, we've watched a conveyor belt of young loan players come and go. We've signed players who are clearly not up to the job and continuously played others because they're the managers mates. We've seen players played out of position, we've allowed a manager to stay in the job far too long and then appointed somebody purely because they once played for the club and gained "legend" status all too easily in my opinion.

For several weeks my two young girls have begged me to take them to Plainmoor because they want to watch football with their Daddy. I have resisted because I haven't wanted to subject them to the misery I've endured. Today I gave in. They won't ask to go again I suspect.

I'm disillusioned by the way the club is operating on and off the pitch.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Burnhamgull wrote: For me it's not just about the price. If we stayed up, I'd renew straight away.

This season, we've watched a conveyor belt of young loan players come and go. We've signed players who are clearly not up to the job and continuously played others because they're the managers mates. We've seen players played out of position, we've allowed a manager to stay in the job far too long and then appointed somebody purely because they once played for the club and gained "legend" status all too easily in my opinion.

For several weeks my two young girls have begged me to take them to Plainmoor because they want to watch football with their Daddy. I have resisted because I haven't wanted to subject them to the misery I've endured. Today I gave in. They won't ask to go again I suspect.

I'm disillusioned by the way the club is operating on and off the pitch.
Pretty much feel the same way, was just interested to see whether a price reduction would persuade some to renew.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

goodluckgull wrote:I renewed my season ticket today. I still want Torquay United to do well and to do that they need money. Torquay United is my club and I will support them, whatever division we are in. I'm in for the good times and the bad times.
I'll be getting a season ticket for next year, I will be waiting to as close to the start of the season to see who we sign.

We can be near the top of the table next year
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

MidDevon wrote:I will be waiting to see the retained list before deciding if I will renew my season ticket.

If "The old boys network" are part of Hargreaves great plan next season, I am off.

am I alone?
That's exactly how I feel. I won't be rushing to buy an Early Bird ticket that's for sure!!!!!!

Not only that , but I have a 10 year old lad, who has been attending regularly for the last couple of years .... he has, by and large, witnessed a pathetic load of individuals who in the main don't even deserve to wear the shirt and turn in abject performances week after week after week. There are no "heroes" for him to look up to, like there was in my youth. I would accept a lack of ability if there was a genuine full of guts type of performance a la Hockley and likewise I could accept a little bit of lack of desire if there was genuine talent i.e Davey Graham. What we unfortunately have is neither ...and I am genuinely feeling guilty at dragging him along to witness the sort of rubbish we have been witnessing every other weekend at Plainmoor.

Quite honestly, it would have been so much easier to "bring him up" as a fan of Man U, Chelsea, Man C, Arsenal or Liverpool ... like all the rest of his mates at school... he takes a bit of stick for supporting TUFC and at the moment it is difficult to justify subjecting him to it.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

CP Gull wrote: That's exactly how I feel. I won't be rushing to buy an Early Bird ticket that's for sure!!!!!!

Not only that , but I have a 10 year old lad, who has been attending regularly for the last couple of years .... he has, by and large, witnessed a pathetic load of individuals who in the main don't even deserve to wear the shirt and turn in abject performances week after week after week. There are no "heroes" for him to look up to, like there was in my youth. I would accept a lack of ability if there was a genuine full of guts type of performance a la Hockley and likewise I could accept a little bit of lack of desire if there was genuine talent i.e Davey Graham. What we unfortunately have is neither ...and I am genuinely feeling guilty at dragging him along to witness the sort of rubbish we have been witnessing every other weekend at Plainmoor.

Quite honestly, it would have been so much easier to "bring him up" as a fan of Man U, Chelsea, Man C, Arsenal or Liverpool ... like all the rest of his mates at school... he takes a bit of stick for supporting TUFC and at the moment it is difficult to justify subjecting him to it.
The only time I saw any lack of desire from David graham was during a little spell under Roy McFarland. Graham when I saw him was always very mobile and full of running, he always put a shift in. He definitely showed desire.

Granted I didnt see him play during his brief return when we were relegated in 07.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).