Goodbye Football League....Hello Conference

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

okehampton gull wrote:even the commentators couldn't believe he took stockley off today,,,, oh and why did he play Thompson on Tuesday , and then ,,,,,,,,,, yes you've guessed hes left out of the squad,,,, good . who the f*** will play next Saturday ,,, god only knows cause Hargreaves and his totally useless side kick, wont have a f**king clue till they put the names in a hat ,,, he is such a tw*t ,he might play himself... or that mate of his he signed jan 1st who was f**king injured ,,,, Thea he is a piss taker,,,, and yes he has signed another f**king Bournemouth player ,,, and guess what he is f**king injured as well ,,,,,, sack the asshole now ,,,,,
Wow.

I guess it didn't take too many of your already dangerously low brain cells to 'type' that
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:I'm not sure if this is an appropriate example but Palace beat Chelsea yesterday despite having players nowhere near good enough to have done so. It happened. Why? Because of desire, commitment and a gameplan. Ok so such a simplistic view of management isn't going to work EVERY week but if it gets enough results to survive then it's done the job. Obviously Pulis is very experienced and CH isn't but it was the kind of performance that we have needed to emulate this season and haven't done so. The players have belief and a never say die attitude and the manager uses his motivational skills and the basics to get a side well drilled and committed to the cause. Meanwhile.....................

If they can do it then why do we lose every week AND play sh*t AND look like we're not even interested?

:goodpost:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

North Ferriby ....... top of Conference North and likely to be in the Skrill Conference with us next season. They played home yesterday and won - gate 366 !!!!! Hello Conference
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

The last 5 games stats are selective, not in the numbers themselves but in the occasions it is used.

If CH got us on a five game winning streak, you won't find Stefano quoting the last 5 games as it wouldn't prove his point about Knill. He'll find another way of proving his point. It would probably be used by those opposing Stefano to back up their viewpoints.

The only stats that matter is the points on the board at the end of the season, and in this case, neither manager has done enough to keep us out of trouble.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

cambgull wrote:The last 5 games stats are selective, not in the numbers themselves but in the occasions it is used.

If CH got us on a five game winning streak, you won't find Stefano quoting the last 5 games as it wouldn't prove his point about Knill. He'll find another way of proving his point. It would probably be used by those opposing Stefano to back up their viewpoints.

The only stats that matter is the points on the board at the end of the season, and in this case, neither manager has done enough to keep us out of trouble.
Absolutely right. Though I haven't actually got a viewpoint. I just throw it up in the air for people to debate ;-)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

cambgull wrote:The last 5 games stats are selective, not in the numbers themselves but in the occasions it is used.

i think we can safely say that both of them have been as bad as each other.

knill should have been fired way before he was and CH should never have been given the job.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

tomogull wrote:North Ferriby ....... top of Conference North and likely to be in the Skrill Conference with us next season. They played home yesterday and won - gate 366 !!!!! Hello Conference
COME ON NORTH FERRIBY!!! I NEED TO BE THERE NEXT SEASON!!!!! :)

I DON'T WANT TO GO TO TELFORD, THEY SPEAK FUNNY THERE AND THE PLACE IS BARREN LIKE THE MOON!! SAY NO TO TELFORD AND YES TO FERRIBY!!! A LOVELY VILLAGE EN ROUTE TO HULL WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE HUMBER BRIDGE!! I LOVE NORTH FERRIBY - GIVE IT TO ME!! I WANT NORTH FERRIBY!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Oh good,the drugs have kicked in then..........................
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

you know what? I'm tiring of you being Anthea ! Oi Mods! We want Andy back !!!!! Meanwhile, on topic...I have an old school mate living in North Ferriby, so yeah, I'll go for that...IF necessary !!! (6 games to go people; a queue of somewhat chubby females assembling in Marnham Road, but not one of them's opened their mouth yet.....)(conspiracy theory: somehow win the last 6 games, sell the film rights, write the book = loads of dosh to buy a new striker) (yes, I'm still tired from travelling on that unfit-for-purpose Supporters MiniBus to Southend; still not well & still on the pills )
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm tired of being Anthea too. It's costing me no end in sanitary towels............... :-| :Z

As I'm a chubby female I shall be making my way down to Plainmoor directly to join the queue. :)

Also if we are to sell the film rights and write a book, can I write the theme tune and sing the theme tune? :-D

Hope you are feeling better soon Taxilady. :scarf:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
i think we can safely say that both of them have been as bad as each other.

knill should have been fired way before he was and CH should never have been given the job.

:goodpost:

Amen to that!
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

absolute shambles.

obvious that CH has no f**king idea. :@

see you all at alfreton. or grimsby.or lincoln. or macclesfield or...........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

We are well past saying Hello to the Conference, we are engaged to be married.

To avoid that union, from the last 15 points/ 5 games, we need to be better Wycombe by achieving a MINIMUM of 10 points more than they do AND a goal difference reversal of +18.

Still confident Hargreaves?
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Well at least we can look forward to the return of rendell in the summer. Well if CH is in charge I imagine he would be with us. Well has scores 14 goals for woking this season in the conference so he knows where the the goal is at least.

Who would have him back in the conference? If he can do it for woking you would hope he could do it for us
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I'm expecting Sills to make a return and for Wayne Carlisle to come out of retirement.......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.