Hawley Injury

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Neal wrote:Unbelievable that some fans think Hawley is a good footballer at this level. He wouldnt get into most conference south teams. I don't f ing care if he got 30 f ing goals last season, for us he is one of the worst number 9's we have ever had.

He cant head the ball, can't beat a player, can't shoot, hahaha would be good to see an actual shot from the guy, has no tricks, has f*ck all!!!

If he is our main striker next year I'm gonna create a thread on here half way through next season and we shall see who is right!
He might be all what you are saying but our manager signed him, what does that say. He's hada good career but as you said it's not over. :keepie:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: I see what you did there :)
:rofl:

It was definitely deliberate... :whistle:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
okehampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ALAN WELSH

Post by okehampton gull »

I feel sorry for Hawley he is a good professional , like all forwards you are as good as youre midfield supply ,
which has been nill, mansell has not made 1 assist this year he is absolutely the worst midfielder in the league by a country mile , he cant shoot , he cant beat **** all, his favourite pass I s one side ways to brian the **** snail, who boots the ball upfield anywhere then brian cant get back and yes the **** have scored again .also he has had the pleasure of playing alongside absolute shite up front benyon , theee worst professional footballer in this country never mind this club totally useless give him a plate full of grass save him,from keep trying to eat the stuff the whole time he is on the field... I feel this twot is responsible for a lot of referees stuffing us ... he is a DIVER a **** tosser who is always arguing with the ref always trying to get some poor **** sent off .he is a **** , makes my blood boil every time he walks on the pitch. to be honest what chance did we have with 4 tossers like this in our team .
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Who the **** is Brian?

You want to lay off the strong cheese pal, it doesn't agree with you.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote: My only point is that we're not comparing like with like. That's like paying 12 grand for a brand new Honda, then complaining that next door's Bentley has more toys. Well, yes, it would have, wouldn't it.

Nothing would please me more than to see Torquay sign some superstar striker to transform the team and give us 25 or 30 goals next season. But since we haven't got £300,000 to blow on Madden or, probably, the £500,000 it would cost to see off the other suitors (plus, probably, about 8 grand a week for three years), I don't think we'll be seeing either of the present Scunthorpe front two at Plainmoor any time soon (and, in reality, given the consummate ease with which they were both marshalled by a couple of centre backs playing for the lowest ranked team in the FL, I'm not sure I'd want them.)

Matt.
Winnall may have the value of £300,000 now, but cost Scunthorpe absolutely nothing when they signed him. As for his wages, he signed as a youngster who had been released by Wolves, had some average loan spells along the way but had a bit of potential. I highly doubt anyone at Scunthorpe expected to get the player we see today.

Based on this, do you really think he's on huge wages? I'd be surprised if he's on £1,500 a week unless he's signed a new contract part way through the season.

Madden is probably on a decent lump of money, granted. He's proven at a higher level, he's fast, he takes his chances and he gets goals, wouldn't you pay the big bucks for him? We did, reportedly with Rene Howe and he was a damn sight better than the rubbish we have now.

Football is simple, if you want good players, you have to pay for them. You don't need to pay transfer fees, you need to offer a good wage. We did that with Howe and had a player who was a class act on his day.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

okehampton gull wrote:I feel sorry for Hawley he is a good professional , like all forwards you are as good as youre midfield supply ,
which has been nill, mansell has not made 1 assist this year he is absolutely the worst midfielder in the league by a country mile , he cant shoot , he cant beat f*** all, his favourite pass I s one side ways to brian the f**king snail, who boots the ball upfield anywhere then brian cant get back and yes the f*** have scored again .also he has had the pleasure of playing alongside absolute shite up front benyon , theee worst professional footballer in this country never mind this club totally useless give him a plate full of grass save him,from keep trying to eat the stuff the whole time he is on the field... I feel this twot is responsible for a lot of referees stuffing us ... he is a DIVER a f**king tosser who is always arguing with the ref always trying to get some poor f*** sent off .he is a **** , makes my blood boil every time he walks on the pitch. to be honest what chance did we have with 4 tossers like this in our team .
I find myself agreeing with quite a lot of this. Matt - Brian is Nicholson, I reckon.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

okehampton gull wrote:I feel sorry for Hawley he is a good professional , like all forwards you are as good as youre midfield supply ,
which has been nill, mansell has not made 1 assist this year he is absolutely the worst midfielder in the league by a country mile , he cant shoot , he cant beat f*** all, his favourite pass I s one side ways to brian the f**king snail, who boots the ball upfield anywhere then brian cant get back and yes the f*** have scored again .also he has had the pleasure of playing alongside absolute shite up front benyon , theee worst professional footballer in this country never mind this club totally useless give him a plate full of grass save him,from keep trying to eat the stuff the whole time he is on the field... I feel this twot is responsible for a lot of referees stuffing us ... he is a DIVER a f**king tosser who is always arguing with the ref always trying to get some poor f*** sent off .he is a **** , makes my blood boil every time he walks on the pitch. to be honest what chance did we have with 4 tossers like this in our team .

It beggiiiinnnssss
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
harbertongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: guy branston

Post by harbertongull »

I can't believe that having lost one of our players to serious injury there has ,to date been no mention of it on the club website! I've had to wait til now by reading about it on here and in the morning news.what a sad state of affairs.I have to say some of the comments on here are pretty mindless and distasteful too. The guys a professional footballer and has suffered a serious injury, lets have some respect!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

which has been nill, mansell has not made 1 assist this year he is absolutely the worst midfielder in the league by a country mile , he cant shoot , he cant beat **** all, his favourite pass I s one side ways to brian the **** snail, who boots the ball upfield anywhere then brian cant get back and yes the **** have scored again .also he has had the pleasure of playing alongside absolute shite up front benyon , theee worst professional footballer in this country never mind this club totally useless give him a plate full of grass save him,from keep trying to eat the stuff the whole time he is on the field... I feel this twot is responsible for a lot of referees stuffing us ... he is a DIVER a **** tosser who is always arguing with the ref always trying to get some poor **** sent off .he is a **** , makes my blood boil every time he walks on the pitch. to be honest what chance did we have with 4 tossers like this in our team .
Supply from midfield has been nil.....apart from our leading scorer being a midfielder, as well as 11 assists coming from that area (which isn't great, but blows your argument out of the water).

Manse - no assists? Apart from the one assist he has been credited with.
Nico - useless? Apart from the two assists credited with
Benyon - worst player in the country? Yep, crap - two assists, three goals (same amount as your mate Hawley) What a **** useless arsehole.

I'm not saying our midfield has covered themselves with glory, but don't make sweeping statements and expect nobody to counter them with actual facts.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
okehampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ALAN WELSH

Post by okehampton gull »

I am not saying I like Hawley I think he is just as bad as the useless twats you've just mentioned above (where do you get leading goalscorer midfield from........ Jordan chapple is a winger . every one gets on his back , bristows bench (where I have the misfortune to sit ,is like a **** mortuary full of old tossers that get on the players backs .over to the pop side next year .and lets hope for the best I am more of a torquay united fan than most ..
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote: Who the f*** is Brian? Matt.
Brian the snail from Magic Roundabout ..... unfortunately for you, bit before your time, Matt - but still available on dvd. I think someone was making a comparison with our left back. Can't think why .... ?? :-/
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Supply from midfield has been nil.....apart from our leading scorer being a midfielder, as well as 11 assists coming from that area (which isn't great, but blows your argument out of the water).

Manse - no assists? Apart from the one assist he has been credited with.
Nico - useless? Apart from the two assists credited with
Benyon - worst player in the country? Yep, crap - two assists, three goals (same amount as your mate Hawley) What a f**king useless arsehole.

I'm not saying our midfield has covered themselves with glory, but don't make sweeping statements and expect nobody to counter them with actual facts.
Well in that case it would appear that Benyon has won the prestigious 2013/14 season tallest dwarf competition. Congratulations to all involved, it has been a stellar year for the competition.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

okehampton gull wrote:I am not saying I like Hawley I think he is just as bad as the useless twats you've just mentioned above (where do you get leading goalscorer midfield from........ Jordan chapple is a winger . every one gets on his back , bristows bench (where I have the misfortune to sit ,is like a **** mortuary full of old tossers that get on the players backs .over to the pop side next year .and lets hope for the best I am more of a torquay united fan than most ..
Ah, the old "I'm a better fan than others" line.

So, coming on here and slagging off almost our entire midfield (FYI wingers are midfielders by the way), isn't getting on players backs??

Sounds like you're just as much of a "tosser" as those you're slagging off.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
beano
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ricey

Post by beano »

harbertongull wrote:I can't believe that having lost one of our players to serious injury there has ,to date been no mention of it on the club website! I've had to wait til now by reading about it on here and in the morning news.what a sad state of affairs.I have to say some of the comments on here are pretty mindless and distasteful too. The guys a professional footballer and has suffered a serious injury, lets have some respect!
You have to earn respect it is not a right! When i smiled at him and wished him well as he was sitting at the back of the ambulance - he just blanked me! Respect - My Arse!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Who the **** is Brian?
I'm Brian and so's my wife.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"