Bristol Rovers v Torquay United - 12/4/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Bristol Rovers v Torquay United - 12/4/14

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Does anyone actually give a shit about this game?

I'll be out and about not even thinking about it and when I do get settled later on I may give the result a passing glance before analysing the non league tables and results to plan ahead for next season. I find this is more exciting than watching us actually. Will it be Telford or will it be North Ferriby? Ooooooooh, have Bath City cooked their goose having played 3 games more I think than Havant & Waterlooville? OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH IT'S ALL HAPPENING!!!!

Seriously, don't go to Brizzle. You're wasting your cash, we'll play rubbish again and lose and there are so much more meaningful things you could be doing with your Saturday. Sadly our players have to fulfil this fixture but it's a dead rubber, plus they are getting paid for it anyway so it's not like they have to show any personal remorse for the inevitable loss other than the obligatory down and out put on look at the end when they come to clap the away fans.

If you live local then go for it, I doff my deerstalker.

Result. Really not bothered in the slightest. Team line up. I'm expecting nothing irregular about the formation and personnel Chris will use even given we're already down. Why try out random experiments now when it should have been done months ago? No, CH will play it safe and we go down 1-0.

Isn't Eurovision on anyway on Saturday? EUROVISION or TORQUAY PLAYING FOOTBALL? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

HERE ARE THE RESULTS OF THE ANTHEA JURY...............TORQUAY UNITED ----------------------- NIL POINTS :'(

Save your cash and go and get hammered or summat.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

that last sentence. thumbs up!
The gulls are going up
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

dream land Anthea dear ! You know you care really ! I'll be there, & missing you...... :} :} :K :-o ;-) ;-)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Last game of the season for me in a campaign which I now think is at least equal if not worse to the Chris Roberts season. It will also definitely be the club's last ever visit to the Memorial stadium as although it will have one more year before it becomes a Sainsbury's obviously we won't be there to play again. As sad as it is to lose an old ground I can't say it's been the greatest place to watch a match and it has always felt more like a rugby ground. Having visited there many times I'd normally come away feeling disappointed - the two highlights I'm sure everyone has are Buckle's first home match for the gas and also Sako's screamer which had Leroy running down the touchline and celebrating with the fans. Rovers certainly aren't out of the mix yet and with City still involved it's difficult to know what result we want. One thing I do know is that the feeling of going to a match with hope and excitement has long gone. Instead it will be replaced with quiet reflection, knowing it is highly likely I will never see my team play at this level again.
The original taunton_gull!!!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

We're down so I might as well get the most of watching football league football with Torquay United. Therefore I am planning on going to Rovers on Saturday. Only a short trip, therefore it wont take that long returning with misery.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Eurovision's on 10th May, Andy!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

The day the fixtures came out this one was always a definate. I've changed my mind.
To the dotted line, We're on our way
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

We may find a goalscorer a new centre forward in either Goodwin or Coulthirst unless he makes another boob. I shall be there and hope we score as it's been a long time since we did. Last weeks formation should be better away from home.
We should have bets on who's going to score for us next.
PL21gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee MansellBaseball

Post by PL21gull »

Score next????
Own goal sounds a good shout if only we can get the ball into Rovers' box.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

The guys at work and I always book a box for this one, if I knew then what I know now got to be honest I wouldn't have bothered. Not exactly relishing the prospect of Kiad Mohammid attacking out left back position (where we are traditionally strong!) and Harold, who always seem to score against nobody but us.

But hey, this TUFC so who knows what going to happen???????

Wish Downes was playing as he would raise his game against his old club but I doubt he will play.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

PL21gull wrote:Score next????
Own goal sounds a good shout if only we can get the ball into Rovers' box.
What a good shout. :keepie:An own goal I mean. :goal:
Last edited by arcadia on 10 Apr 2014, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

arcadia wrote:We may find a goalscorer a new centre forward in either Goodwin or Coulthirst unless he makes another boob. I shall be there and hope we score as it's been a long time since we did. Last weeks formation should be better away from home.
We should have bets on who's going to score for us next.
I'm not expecting anything quite as adventurous, I suspect Hargreaves will go safety first with Benyon on his own up front.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

yeovilgull wrote: I'm not expecting anything quite as adventurous, I suspect Hargreaves will go safety first with Benyon on his own up front.
Your having a laugh! :keepie: :( :red:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Though we are doomed, I can actually see us winning this as this is what Torquay are good at, Giving us fans false hope and prolonging the agony, next Saturday is my prediction for relegation being confirmed. Please not Exeter , it would be like Liverpool winning the premiership title at old Trafford. And no I'm not a premiership supporter of either, just making a comparison of what the scenario would be equivalent too.
Lucy
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

lucy6lucy wrote:Though we are doomed, I can actually see us winning this as this is what Torquay are good at, Giving us fans false hope and prolonging the agony, next Saturday is my prediction for relegation being confirmed. Please not Exeter , it would be like Liverpool winning the premiership title at old Trafford. And no I'm not a premiership supporter of either, just making a comparison of what the scenario would be equivalent too.
I think you and I aught to do the team talk we'd sure to win. :keepie: :)