Bristol Rovers v Torquay United - 12/4/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Gullscorer wrote:Coulthirst will be on the bench. :-/
And Stevens will start. :)
Sadly you could be right. Nothing would surprise me at all.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'd start the players CH hopes to use next season and chuck in a load of youngsters from the youth team too to get them some experience of league football whilst we still can. I don't really see the point in now continuing to play players out of contract in the summer as they've already shown us what they can do which is **** all. Drop them and give some players a chance who will appreciate it.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote:Coulthirst will be on the bench. :-/
And Stevens will start. :)
that would say it all.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

I've been planning on going to this all season. I live 3 miles away, but I just can't be arsed. Not as much as many of you, but in my life ive spent thousands of pounds and miles travelling to watch the Gulls, and never thought Id be in a position where the team are playing 3 miles away and I don't want to go. Sad times!
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Well the big day is here and oh how I wished the situation for both of us was so different.Can't really believe just how bad we have both done this season and I have seen every game for my sins. 1 away win in 21 away games has to be my worst season in 50 of watching Rovers. How many of you are coming today. I wish you a safe journey. I have to be honest I wouldnt have minded losing today if the league situation had been different and it meant we both stayed up- would have loved Accrington and Wycombe to go down and I would take great delight if we were the team to send the cheating Wycombe down!!
However we are where we are and we both need the points so heres to a good game of football.
Regards
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Gullscorer wrote:On BBC Radio Devon today, about 1hr 11m in: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01vgcb6
Thanks Gullscorer. Interesting interview with Paul Buckle. Interesting how he still refers to Torquay as "we". He says he's missing being involved in the game and hasn't ruled out managing in the UK again some time. Sounds like he's going to be co-commentator at the Dagenham game on Friday.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Different time, different budget etc. etc. However, I would absolutely have Buckle back when you compare it to the rubbish we've been subjected to under Ling, Knill and now Hargreaves. It didn't work out for either party when he left and I just wonder as with Darren Ferguson and Peterborough, Chelsea and Mourinho - whether it is a combination which just fits. I was as angry as anyone with what he did and have referred to him as 'the snake' ever since but I think we could do a lot worse than him in the conference. For one thing you could guarantee there would be none of the favouritism in the dressing room we have all grown tired of. From the interview it sounds as though he would be keen on a return to management in the UK, I know CH will be under contract but if next season continues as this one has I'd take him back.
The original taunton_gull!!!
Dexter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by Dexter »

Any team news? Once relegation is confirmed I'd send all the loanees back and see how Sully/Hutch/Yeoman fair in the last few games of the Football League.
The deluded optimist
Dexter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Dexter »

13 Rice
02 Tonge
30 Cargill
07 Mansell
05 Pearce
29 O'Connor
27 Coulthirst
08 Harding
17 Goodwin
26 Benyon
11 Cameron

Substitutes
01 Poke
04 Downes
10 Bodin
12 Chapell
14 Yeoman
20 Craig
23 Stevens
The deluded optimist
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Is Lathrope injured?
Dexter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Dexter »

Rjc70 wrote:Is Lathrope injured?
I presume so, not on the bench either. 4-4-2 according to SSN.
The deluded optimist
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Mansell and Harding midfield pairing........glad I'm not there!