Give Hargreaves A Chance

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

nickbrod wrote:I can't believe that people on here tonight are true Torquay fans. Yes I am as disappointed as everyone else to lose at home yet again especially as I was on the road for over 9 hours there and back. However let's look at the facts, we had majority possession. More shots, corners and less fouls. Frankly Dagenham were lucky to have 11 on the pitch by half-time.
We played plenty of attacking football but we can't score at home.The current situation goes back way before Hargreaves joined but why he didn't have a press conference after the game we will no doubt find out.
Why are so many on here such football 'experts' - give the guy a chance. He's hurting just as much as we are.
It is the true fans who are hurting. If we were ambivalent about the team and our problems we would not be making any comment at all ....because it wouldn't matter.

Sorry Mr Hargreaves, didn't realise you were that bothered about the situation as you do not seem to be trying to change things for the better and make the bloody pain STOP !!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

nickbrod wrote:I can't believe that people on here tonight are true Torquay fans. Yes I am as disappointed as everyone else to lose at home yet again especially as I was on the road for over 9 hours there and back. However let's look at the facts, we had majority possession. More shots, corners and less fouls. Frankly Dagenham were lucky to have 11 on the pitch by half-time.
We played plenty of attacking football but we can't score at home.The current situation goes back way before Hargreaves joined but why he didn't have a press conference after the game we will no doubt find out.
Why are so many on here such football 'experts' - give the guy a chance. He's hurting just as much as we are.
you dont have to be an "expert" to see that he has no idea - and hes had plenty of chance.

why doesnt he have the b*lls to come out and say it then.

possession, shots, corners count for nothing.

the only thing that does is TUFC 0-1 D&R.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Unfortunately Nick, even though what you say is 100% correct, it is like that every single game and the fans are sick and tired of watching the same old crap. You said that you were on the road for over 9 hours there and back which maybe suggests that you don't get to every home game or the majority of games? I may be wrong I'm only inferring, but what you saw today was the same old same old and that's why Torquay United fans are so frustrated tonight.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Nick it's not in my nature to be rude for the sake of it, so I will not be to you, just don't go on about people being true Torquay fans, I try to be honest. Yes we had more possession, but by and large couldn't pass water, let alone the football, we had more possession, but come on how many shots on target,2-3, how many shots that forced the Daggers keeper to make a serious save, none, zilch, zero.

Dagenham were worse than useless, have you forgotten they actually had the ball in our net twice, they also had a 1 on 1 at the end, that Elito wouldn't have missed if he'd still been on the park, and despite their less possession managed to pose more threat to our goal than we did to theirs, that's the truth.

They didn't have a manager who thinks Tonge is a professional footballer, and played him at Right back, when he could played O'Connor there, and our second top goal scorer at centre back, they didn't have manager, who thought bringing on a pint sized waste of space ahead of our top goal scorer was a bright idea.

And when will fans ever understand that being the last man has nothing to do with, whether a player committing a foul sent off or not, its THE DENIAL OF A CLEAR GOALSCORING OPPORTUNITY, the ref actually got it right.

Chris Hargreaves so far has proved himself to be utterly clueless, hopefully he'll prove me wrong a ram my words right back down my throat, if he does I'll be the first to say sorry, but, just, can't see it, I fear for our future now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

I've said it once I'll say it again, you people always whinge on about us accepting relegation and playing the players that will be here next season, so we do. ie starting Stevens who in all honesty will be here next season, and you cry because we don't play chappel, who will not be here next season? you just look at anything to moan at? absolutely ridiculous!

don't get me wrong, I rate Stevens as low as most of you do, however he's the kind of player that will be with us next season, so let's have some consistency in your posts people!!!
The gulls are going up
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I was on the road for 7.5 hours to get to the game, & I missed the first half ! Had to go to London first, & the roads back again were all full of crashed cars & very long queues ! Was very disappointed that the best bit was the first half that I was only able to listen to on Radio Devon. If I didn't currently hold a ST I wouldn't have bothered. Bought my Exeter ticket today, but I'm not going to Mansfield ( elsewhere they're saying that that game is all-ticket ?). Am hoping that CH comes good next season.................
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I disagree with the bit about the red card, Coulthirst had put the ball past Saah,had beaten him all ends up and was about to race into the penalty area with no other defender this side of nagasaki.
If that isn't a clear goal scoring opportunity then what is. To suggest the ref was right is just plain nonsense.
Other than that though the rest of the message is spot on. Hargreaves just has not got the first clue what he is doing.
Stevens is useless - he isn't even Conference standard. Putting him on at the expense of Chapple was ludicrous.
Also Hargreaves decision at the end to push Pearce up with seventeen other players in a line up front leaving Snail paced Harding at the back almost resulted in us losing the game 4-0.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Today's game highlighted to me how much the players (bar a couple) do not care at all

No fight, no passion, no matter what CH can do or say could change that in some of our crap!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thing is though, just look at say Palace, ok different league different standard, but same theory applies. When Tony Pullis took the job there, they'd barely won a game and looked like a side that wouldn't get to 15 points, look at them now, and just won away at Everton to boot.

Same set of players, difference Pullis, changed the team mentally, physically and tactically, since Chris Hargreaves has come in, we've actually got worse, quite a feat after Knill, didn't think it could be possible, can't just blame the players, Chris Hargreaves has to take his share of the blame , it's the managers job, to train, set the team up and het them mentally right, CH has failed so far on most counts.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote:Thing is though, just look at say Palace, ok different league different standard, but same theory applies. When Tony Pullis took the job there, they'd barely won a game and looked like a side that wouldn't get to 15 points, look at them now, and just won away at Everton to boot.

Same set of players, difference Pullis, changed the team mentally, physically and tactically, since Chris Hargreaves has come in, we've actually got worse, quite a feat after Knill, didn't think it could be possible, can't just blame the players, Chris Hargreaves has to take his share of the blame , it's the managers job, to train, set the team up and het them mentally right, CH has failed so far on most counts.
Ahhhh but ..... Unlike Pullis (allegedly), Hargreaves didn't have the benefit of knowing the oppositions line-up 24 hours before the match. :-/ But seriously ..... sad to say that your post is spot on.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gullno4 wrote:I've said it once I'll say it again, you people always whinge on about us accepting relegation and playing the players that will be here next season, so we do. ie starting Stevens who in all honesty will be here next season, and you cry because we don't play chappel, who will not be here next season? you just look at anything to moan at? absolutely ridiculous!

don't get me wrong, I rate Stevens as low as most of you do, however he's the kind of player that will be with us next season, so let's have some consistency in your posts people!!!
are you on some mind-bending drug?

nobody "accepted" relegation - hargreaves came in (after slagging knill off) and has been an abject failure.

at the time he became manager it wasnt about "next season" either - we had a fair chance of staying in th league.

face it - CH has no idea.

no-one else who might have come in as manager would have offered stevens a contract for one reason - hes useless.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

P.S. the other difference is that Palace appointed a manager with experience .........
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

tomogull wrote:P.S. the other difference is that Palace appointed a manager with experience .........
I doubt palaces players had given up or didn't care like ours

Take 2

Tonge earns 80k a year
In the last couple of weeks he's missed a penalty and given one away.

Bodin earns 70k a year
And he cares more about what his hair looks like
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

How do you know these wages ?????

Please can we have Bucks back as manager ???
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Yes how do you know those wages. If true, and I'm not doubting you I'm very very angry! Because that is appalling for conference level player and a conference south player. Disgusting when the average wage In Torquay is (I guess) 20k
TUST MEMBER