That's that then

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

That's that then

Post by Dave_Pougher »

You have to wonder about Bakers and especially Phillips motivation.

They have presided over a period whereby TUFC were at a point where they could have been Devon's top club under Ling to possibly the worst occasion of TUFC. I fully expect them to enter into administration next week. Just what is their motivation?

Just how long is it before the likes of Sainsbury's and Tescos are sniffing around if indeed they haven't already.

For the record Thea has my 100% respect.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Dave_Pougher wrote:You have to wonder about Bakers and especially Phillips motivation.

They have presided over a period whereby TUFC were at a point where they could have been Devon's top club under Ling to possibly the worst occasion of TUFC. I fully expect them to enter into administration next week. Just what is their motivation?

Just how long is it before the likes of Sainsbury's and Tescos are sniffing around if indeed they haven't already.

For the record Thea has my 100% respect.
What makes you think that, Dave? Not suggesting you are wrong but is that something you have heard?
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

time for a board shake up as well as an on the pitch one!

Get out Bill Phillips!
Last edited by PlainmoorRoar on 19 Apr 2014, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I worry that you are right Dave. The fact that the players and management team appear to have been forbidden to talk to the press after the game yesterday does not bode well. The communication between the Board and the fans appears to be zero. Other clubs have gone this way when the Conference beckons, why are we immune? Living beyond your means never works, giving crap players high value contracts often leads to disaster for lower division clubs.

I fear that Thea may have had enough, not that I would blame her if she had. She has been let down very badly by some of her colleagues, who should hang their heads in shame. I also respect her immensely. She deserves better support and advice than she has had from some of her colleagues.

There have been many cases where football clubs have been supported by lions but led by donkeys, I just hope we survive.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

What dose administration mean?,would we start the season with a points reduction?.Would we be restricted in the transfer market?.Obviously we would be bankrupt so would we leave bad debts(not nice).Anybody have the awnsers?.
harbertongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: guy branston

Post by harbertongull »

Wow rumours are dangerous things and doesn't this gossip forum prove it!!! Already this season the club has gone to great lengths to deny administration and only recently the Bristow family have pledged their long term support to the club. What more do some people need?! We're all disappointed at the moment but this has happened to us before and we bounced back, which will happen again. Cone on you yellows and keep the faith.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I'll just settle for Phillips taking a hike, al a Roberts.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

OK yellowsmiffy,can you categorically say NO,we are not going into administration and how do you know?
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Here we go again, sorry dave but what makes you say this, I see this as scaremongering, we have a lot of dealings financially with the club and have to say that money is always paid on the dot every month and we aint talking loose change, im sorry but I dont see us going into administration anytime soon, the club doesnt need this at the moment regardless of what you might think of phillips and baker.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

ROADRUNNER wrote:Here we go again, sorry dave but what makes you say this, I see this as scaremongering, we have a lot of dealings financially with the club and have to say that money is always paid on the dot every month and we aint talking loose change, im sorry but I dont see us going into administration anytime soon, the club doesnt need this at the moment regardless of what you might think of phillips and baker.
Just he way I see things mate, nothing else listening to this and that, observing this and that. Nothing else.

One thing I would like peoples opinion on though.

Say club A was in a precarious position, not unlike TQY's before todays games, where relegation was not actually confirmed and they entered administration that old mean a 10 point deduction would it not? But if they did that after todays games whereby it was confirmed would that mean a 10 point deduction this season and next?
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

If we are going into Admin .......perhaps we could have a new multi purpose pitch laid first !!!!! :whistle: