Exeter V Torquay 21st April 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Team: Rice, Tonge, Cargill, Lathrope, Pearce, O'Connor, Mansell, Craig, Benyon, Coulthirst, Cameron.

Substitutes: Poke, Downes, Harding, Chapell, Yeoman, Thompson, Stevens.

This is going to be difficult, unless CH makes early substitutions.. :(
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Gullscorer wrote:Team: Rice, Tonge, Cargill, Lathrope, Pearce, O'Connor, Mansell, Craig, Benyon, Coulthirst, Cameron.

Substitutes: Poke, Downes, Harding, Chapell, Yeoman, Thompson, Stevens.

This is going to be difficult, unless CH makes early substitutions.. :(
So long as none of the substitutions involve Danny Stevens.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Im glad craig gets a chance. Have a good look at him and if all looks good and plays the way we hope he could be a good player in the conference
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Tonge playing? Oh dear.

Big mistake, other than that can't argue with the GK and defense although I'd have gone 3 at the back and then left out Tonge. Mistake IMO and not aggressive enough.

Mansell and Lathrope to get stuck in in midfield leaving the creativity to Craig who doesn't 'do' playing on the wings. Oh dear.

Coulthirst a good choice and perhaps Cameron. Benyon should be dropped for a youth team striker to come in like Sullivan or someone else to have a chance because he won't score today and he won't look like scoring either. Oh dear, oh dear.

Not good that Chris I'm afraid. They are going to have to go some to match your heartfelt wishes and desires that you publicly stated yesterday.

That side hardly screams - LET'S **** HAVE SOME OF THIS TODAY AND LET'S GET MEN FORWARD!!!!

That side screams - HOPEFULLY SHAQ OR BENNERS CAN GET ON THE END OF THE ODD CROSS ON THE RARE OCCASIONS WE FORAY FORWARD WHILST MANSELL AND LATHROPE DIG IN AND CRAIG ONCE AGAIN CAN LOOK FOR THE HOLLYWOOD PASS AND MAYBE TRYING TO CRACK A FREE KICK AGAINST THE WOODWORK AGAIN. IF IT GOES TITS UP THEN WE CAN PUNT PEARCY UP TOP NEAR THE END. MARVELLOUS.

Incidentally, as Craig is renowned for pumping set pieces against the woodwork, is that bad luck or inaccurate free kick taking?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

tufcbrett wrote:Im glad craig gets a chance. Have a good look at him and if all looks good and plays the way we hope he could be a good player in the conference
It's bloody hilarious how a year or so back people were saying that the likes of Bodin and Craig and others were destined for higher leagues and now it turns out they could possibly 'do a job in the conference'! :rofl:

You couldn't make it up! :rofl: :rofl:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Gullscorer wrote:Portsmouth reportedly making eight changes against Northampton; giving the Cobblers all three points..?? :(
Shouldn't they be putting out their best team..??
It's okay. Darren Deadman's the ref at that game..!! :~D
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: It's bloody hilarious how a year or so back people were saying that the likes of Bodin and Craig and others were destined for higher leagues and now it turns out they could possibly 'do a job in the conference'! :rofl:

You couldn't make it up! :rofl: :rofl:
I have never once said he could play higher up. I was only saying he could is because alot of people would release him looking at comments. As we are destined for the conference I hope he can stay and do a job for us.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Brett, i wasn't referring to you personally mate. Just that there have been lot of fans saying it about Bodin, Craig, Cruise and others for quite a while when they first joined and now they aren't even wanted in the conference. That's what i meant.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

I know its been set in stone for a while - but feeling emotional today for the first time.

Lets hope at the very least we can beat the greeks today and go with some pride!

COYY!!!
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

1-0 pompey
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

So as it stands IF we win we stay up for another week ...
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Pompey one up at cobblers
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

We need the results of at least 9 matches to go right for us over the next two weeks.
Rovers lost - that's one.
Northampton losing - that could be two.
Torquay winning three on the trot - now that might be the difficulty.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

Any word on how many Gulls are there today?