Season Ticket Renewal - Retained List

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Burnhamgull wrote: For me it's not just about the price. If we stayed up, I'd renew straight away.

This season, we've watched a conveyor belt of young loan players come and go. We've signed players who are clearly not up to the job and continuously played others because they're the managers mates. We've seen players played out of position, we've allowed a manager to stay in the job far too long and then appointed somebody purely because they once played for the club and gained "legend" status all too easily in my opinion.

For several weeks my two young girls have begged me to take them to Plainmoor because they want to watch football with their Daddy. I have resisted because I haven't wanted to subject them to the misery I've endured. Today I gave in. They won't ask to go again I suspect.

I'm disillusioned by the way the club is operating on and off the pitch.

Managers do not play mates thats the biggest mistake supporters are making he has no choice they amongst the best players which never attracted to the club and will probobly be the best next season.
I wonder where Nicholson was yesterday was he injured. A manager loses mates I assure you.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

I have just done a little research into season ticket prices for a few conference clubs and it seems that Torquay United's prices are similar.

Forest Green Rovers £280 (current season)
Cambridge United £310 (current season)
Luton Town £330 (next season)
Hereford Town £270 (current season)
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

I forgot to add that the above prices are "early bird"
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

EddUK12 wrote:so roughly its around 35 trips to the cinema to see the latest film

Or

737 Cadbury's Cream Eggs!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

goodluckgull wrote:I have just done a little research into season ticket prices for a few conference clubs and it seems that Torquay United's prices are similar.

Forest Green Rovers £280 (current season)
Cambridge United £310 (current season)
Luton Town £330 (next season)
Hereford Town £270 (current season)
The offer Kidderminster are offering for next season looks good:

Adults £260.00 (or four instalments of £65.00)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

'Early Bird' season ticket offer expires Friday 9 May. I'm very tempted. I have a much better feeling about next season..
Last edited by Gullscorer on 01 May 2014, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No change of mind from me, said after 8 years I wasn't going to renew and that stands. These last 2 years I've found myself getting angry, irritated, depressed and seriously not enjoyed watching football at Plainmoor, need a break from it. Will put my season ticket money in the savings and draw on it when I fancy coming along to a game.

I'm delighted at the promise of a new beginning at the club, and hope that doesn't turn out to be yet another empty promise, false dawn, for the club I will always support.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

kevgull wrote:
Or

737 Cadbury's Cream Eggs!
:lol:

Or

1700 Freddo's.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

anyone know how many we have sold?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

If we are winning games fans will cime and watch matches whatever league we are in, people just want to see there team win, I will be there next season as I have been for the last 49.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

If we are winning games fans will cime and watch matches whatever league we are in, people just want to see there team win, I will be there next season as I have been for the last 49.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

forevertufc wrote:No change of mind from me, said after 8 years I wasn't going to renew and that stands. These last 2 years I've found myself getting angry, irritated, depressed and seriously not enjoyed watching football at Plainmoor, need a break from it. Will put my season ticket money in the savings and draw on it when I fancy coming along to a game.

I'm delighted at the promise of a new beginning at the club, and hope that doesn't turn out to be yet another empty promise, false dawn, for the club I will always support.
you'd best change your username then i guess??
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

could you repeat that please roadrunner!!!
still keeping the faith
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Why does forever need to change his username?

He's already said he will still support them, but just not get a season ticket. Makes him no less a supporter than those that buy one.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'll be at most of the away games as usual and will get to probably about 5 home games hopefully. I always try and coincide a holiday in the south west with a home game and I have no control over who we will be playing so that means it will probably be Gateshead with their 3 fans and a greyhound!

I can absolutely and completely understand those of you choosing not to go anymore or choosing to go when you feel like it too. It's a softy thing to say but perhaps if the club had been more 'accessible' and 'supporter friendly' and made us feel appreciated just a tiny bit then I think it would be surprising how many fans would be prepared to give it another big commitment. As it is I don't think anyone at the club can have any arguments about fans staying away. If the football is not good and the team are struggling then perhaps it would be courteous as well as good business sense to communicate with the fans on a regular basis and maybe offer some tangible rewards other than transparent media releases on the O/S.

Make everyone actually FEEL like they are valued and they will keep coming even if the product is not what it should be.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.