Season Ticket Renewal - Retained List

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

bixieupnorth wrote: you'd best change your username then i guess??
No need. As Scott has pointed out, not withdrawing my support, just, after 8 years of being a season ticket holder, including the last relegation season out of the league, and both conference season(not that I really need to justify myself to you) not going to renew this time around, that decision wasn't conditional to staying up, wasn't going to renew either way.

Separate the last two seasons, I've turned up week in and out and felt; bored, angry, embarrassed, irritated, frustrated even depressed at times over the incessant, turgid football, and what makes it worse, I've shelled out £590 for the last two season tickets, do you know anybody that would part with that kind of money to self harm, I don't.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I've changed my mind from my previous post.

I won't bother getting a Bristol City ST, I can't sit and watch another team for a season. I stand by my decision not to renew my ST for the Gulls though. I need a break from the shit that's been served up for the past two years.

I'll pick and choose games I want to go to and will support from home.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

forevertufc wrote:
I've shelled out £590 for the last two season tickets, do you know anybody that would part with that kind of money to self harm, I don't.
Bought mine today ;-)
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Jerry wrote: Bought mine today ;-)
Do you know what number you are?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Top man Jerry, respect to you, his season ticket number, yes, I can help here, it's no 2... :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Purchased mine Thursday.

Sales are much slower than last year as you would expect.

My take on it is that If we want to return to the FL (and surely all true supporters want this) then there is no better way to help the Club do so than to renew/purchase a season ticket.

GO ON DO IT - YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Never bought a ST before but getting a popside one for £80 is it pay today or when collected?
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Pay today
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

goodluckgull wrote:Pay today
Thank you
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I think most of the negative and angry posts we've seen on the forum this season have simply been expressions of supporters' frustration and disappointment. Which is understandable.

But I've a feeling that if events during the summer and early season give cause for real optimism then sales will improve, and if the Gulls find themselves near the top of the table next season with a good chance of promotion back to the Football League, then the crowds will return and the atmosphere around Plainmoor will change out of all recognition.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Shame you've only got one.

Anybody still undecided on renewing?

Last day, 0-3, gutless.

Have a think.....
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote:I think most of the negative and angry posts we've seen on the forum this season have simply been expressions of supporters' frustration and disappointment. Which is understandable.

But I've a feeling that if events during the summer and early season give cause for real optimism then sales will improve, and if the Gulls find themselves near the top of the table next season with a good chance of promotion back to the Football League, then the crowds will return and the atmosphere around Plainmoor will change out of all recognition.
we can only hope..........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Will certainly support the Gulls next season but the extent to which I'll do so will depend upon what happens. I'm encouraged to hear CH's words but he now needs to follow up with decisive action. So here's a message to him regarding the retained list:

Chris, your retained list: no big clear-out by you = no season ticket purchase by me...!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

tommyg wrote:The amount of season ticket sales will probably have an impact on Hargreaves' budget this summer so I would be doing everything I can to try and sell as many as possible. 'Exciting' players is a bit vague as I wouldn't put raw youngsters who have dropped down the leagues into that category. As Hargreaves has said, we need more leaders - experienced characters with success at that level. Those type of players would 'excite' me but I can understand why you're disillusioned with life at Plainmoor. We can either throw in the towel and feel sorry for ourselves or try and enjoy the summer and get behind the team next season.

It makes sense doesn't it Tommy? Why wallow around reflecting on relegation when those who make the decisions could be getting excited at the prospect of coming up with a determined campaign targeting anyone and everyone who may be considering it or not considering it. Why leave it to chance? I'm sure they'll get out there soon drumming up sales. :rofl:

Hmmmmmmmmmm. :whistle:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:I can think of a few easy things off the top of my head;

-offered 10% off to those renewing their season tickets for next year
-Match day programmes are £2 with a ST rather than £3
-publicise the 10% you get in the club shop with a ST
-(believe you have to pay for a birthday etc message) why not offer with 1 season ticket 1 free message
-on your birthday claim a free gift from the club shop (something around £5 in value)

Just little things that make it a more worthwhile purchase
:goodpost:

Excellent post

I've only just read through this thread and there is some interesting stuff.

The above is just the kind of little tokens of thanks that are very much appreciated by fans and show that the club are considering them as people who like to feel part of the club and that their support is not taken for granted and not just customers.

The season ticket deal as it stands is a price freeze and **** all else.

Not good enough.The club should either reduce ticket prices or if not keep them as they are and offer other 'rewards' or 'incentives' like mentioned above.

If not then it is sad to say it but may I suggest doing something else on a matchday? :-/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.