Good Luck From The Gas

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I have seen both Bristol Rovers and Mansfield this season and Rovers are nailed on to stay up. Mansfield are not a league side and we have somehow achieved the impossible by finishing below them because we are a better side than they are.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

well over the course of the season, it would appear that we haven't been!
The gulls are going up
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Mansfield have a long history as a Football League club. A recent spell out of it does not alter that fact. They are now back in the Football League and are therefore a League side..
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I've watched both Rovers and Mansfield in recent times when we played them away and both sides are poor. Can see a draw from that one which would keep you up whatever happened at Plainmoor. As for Torquay, there's no pressure, I think we'll beat Wycombe and go down with a win.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

SOZ
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Well the fact you didn't beat Wycombe or even draw with them at the end of the day is not the reason we are joining you next season. It was in OUR hands and we cocked it up. At the start of the season you will recall that I predicted for this season that we would end up within a few points of each other. Well I have proved to be exactly right but certainly didn't think we would both be relegated!! I think I better make a prediction now. We will win the Conference by 20 points and you will be within a few points of us!!! LOL
Good luck- it bloody hurts!!!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

friendlygas wrote:Well the fact you didn't beat Wycombe or even draw with them at the end of the day is not the reason we are joining you next season. It was in OUR hands and we cocked it up. At the start of the season you will recall that I predicted for this season that we would end up within a few points of each other. Well I have proved to be exactly right but certainly didn't think we would both be relegated!! I think I better make a prediction now. We will win the Conference by 20 points and you will be within a few points of us!!! LOL
I find it quite surreal that Bristol Rovers are coming down with us. I like Rovers but it somehow softens the blow, that a bigger. localish club is coming with us and whilst they will be favourites, it may actually be harder for them than they imagine, as they will take Luton's mantle as the big club that everyone wants to beat. However, in Darrell Clarke, I suppose they at least have a manager who knows the leagues at that level and they have the resources to perhaps do what we did, last time and form a Conference all-star team.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

If I wanted anyone to be there with us it was you guys, but I didn't want or Rovers or TQY to be relegated, does any of that make any sense? Rovers like us will be a scalp in the Conference, teams will raise their game, but in a strange way I enjoyed it. With the FA Vase, trophy, division matches and possibly (fingers crossed) play offs we could play one another a lot!

I can't help feeling though Rovers fans have been taken for a ride. Cynical as I am new grounds mean cost cutting, OK perhaps your playing budget needed trimming after Buckles three year contracts here there and everywhere but cost cutting at the expense of club pride? Nah... Rovers fans were perfectly entitled to react today maybe not in the way they did but entitled nevertheless.

Incidentally I haven't heard one Gashead blame TQY today so respect for that.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

friendlygas wrote:Well the fact you didn't beat Wycombe or even draw with them at the end of the day is not the reason we are joining you next season. It was in OUR hands and we cocked it up. At the start of the season you will recall that I predicted for this season that we would end up within a few points of each other. Well I have proved to be exactly right but certainly didn't think we would both be relegated!! I think I better make a prediction now. We will win the Conference by 20 points and you will be within a few points of us!!! LOL

Well fair play to you for your optimism, 20 points phew, not even Luton managed that and they finally finished on 101 points. But you were optimistic after you appointed Buckle lol.

Not knocking you or gloating, (how on earth could I) but I feel it's going to take you probably two seasons one to adjust and one to push and us at least five. Some good fans in the Conference and some not so good grounds but the biggest shock to me last time (and try and remember I said this lol) the standard of refereeing, you think you've seen bad? Trust me you ain't seen nothing yet.
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

Why is it that every time a (comparatively) big club gets relegated to the Conference, some of their supporters reckon they'll walk it? The last team to bounce straight back was Shrewsbury, wasn't it? And that was via the Playoffs.

I think some of them are in for a shock when they lose at somewhere like Welling on a miserable Tuesday evening.

Not wishing any harm on Bristol Rovers - I hope they have a good season - just pretty sure some of their fans are in for a rude awakening.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Scorpion wrote:Why is it that every time a (comparatively) big club gets relegated to the Conference, some of their supporters reckon they'll walk it? The last team to bounce straight back was Shrewsbury, wasn't it? And that was via the Playoffs.

I think some of them are in for a shock when they lose at somewhere like Welling on a miserable Tuesday evening.

Not wishing any harm on Bristol Rovers - I hope they have a good season - just pretty sure some of their fans are in for a rude awakening.
What has he said that makes him sound like he thinks they will walk it. He made a tongue in cheek remark about his prediction last year being accurate and therefore if he predicts a 20 point win for them next season maybe it will come true. I live in Bristol and havent heard a single Rovers fan claim either a) we're too big to go down or b) we'll go straight back up. Some TUFC fans have such an inferiority complex that they seem to make up things about other clubs to suit their "we're a small club" agenda.