Another Loanee Signs - Ryan Gilligan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

ACobb1 wrote:I hear Mr Gilligan had quite an impact when he came on so maybe I will be made to eat my words! :devil:

Best of luck & I hope to see alot of you at Sixfields!!

ACobb1
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

You won't see a better pass all weekend than the one that Kee put away for the second goal - perfectly rolled from long distance right along the turf and ideal for Big Billy to fire home left footed after letting it run across his body - well worth setting your Sky+ for the Football League Show just to see!!
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Pleased to hear of Gilligans postive appearance midway through the 2nd half & even better to know of his great contribution to the 2nd goal.

Yet no doubt the arrogance will continue over on the Northampton board & will still stick by the fact Gilligan is "hopeless".

It just makes you wonder the quality of the Northampton squad. If someone like Gilligan can't get within a sniff of the Cobblers side yet beat men & assisted Kee for his goal...no doubt without his departure from the team they absolutely stuffed Port Vale today. I mean they have Josh Walker for christ sake.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

They're still arguing amongst themselves on the Northampton board, quite amusing really.
One however has acknowledged the pass that led to Kee's goal.
He seems to be in need of a change of scenery, hence him being here. It couldn't have been doing much for his confidence being at a club where a section of fans are so vocal in their dislike for him.
If he has an attitude problem and needs his ego stroking he will soon realise that Buckle will not stand for that, if he puts a shift in he'll have our support.
Branston has already been mentioned and yellowsmiffy was spot on, which is why I won't write Gilligan off before he's really begun on the Northampton fans say so.
Gilligan is coming into a squad with a lot of spirit and good feeling, hopefully that will rub off on him and we'll see some good performances.
And if he can set up a few more goals for our Billy like he did yesterday, then you won't be hearing too many complaints from me.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

HRG wrote:They're still arguing amongst themselves on the Northampton board, quite amusing really.
One however has acknowledged the pass that led to Kee's goal.
He seems to be in need of a change of scenery, hence him being here. It couldn't have been doing much for his confidence being at a club where a section of fans are so vocal in their dislike for him.
If he has an attitude problem and needs his ego stroking he will soon realise that Buckle will not stand for that, if he puts a shift in he'll have our support.
Branston has already been mentioned and yellowsmiffy was spot on, which is why I won't write Gilligan off before he's really begun on the Northampton fans say so.
Gilligan is coming into a squad with a lot of spirit and good feeling, hopefully that will rub off on him and we'll see some good performances.
And if he can set up a few more goals for our Billy like he did yesterday, then you won't be hearing too many complaints from me.

Not from all the way down there we won't.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

TO be honest, hands up who was sad to see Wroe go? I mean genuinely really disappointed that he left? Because I imagine the Shrews fans thus far will be saying similar things as we're saying abour Robinson and Gilligan.

Sometimes players need a fresh start and different surroundings, it doesn't mean their useless. The lad Gilligan was a regular last season, played 20 games this, he's clearly not useless but maybe needed a new challenge a new start to get going again.

Friend of mine asked the other day why has Wroe gone, he's your best player. Well about a year ago he would probably be right, but there is no doubting for whatever reasons, Nicky wasn't as happy as he was 18months ago and his performance levels on the whole had gone down.

Providing we can keep these 3 lads till the end of the season, and unlike some previous loan signings, I think like Branston there would be genuine chances of all 3 signing permanent deals, I think all parties are happy. Shrewsbury, us, and all players concerned.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

ferrarilover wrote:
Not from all the way down there we won't.

Matt.
:'( :whip:
There is always a way Matt, ladders, stilts, megaphones, trampolines etc.
So :na:
Gullible1
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Gullible1 »

Despite my unpleasant comments early on Saturday morning, hope he does well for you. Very pleased he made an impact in your impressive victory at the weekend.

I'm off to the Hotel End for an argument now. It's all very civil on here. Are hoody's banned?

Good luck for the rest of the season. Hopefully we'll have an away supporters bar open for your visit to Sixfields <3
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

royalgull wrote:TO be honest, hands up who was sad to see Wroe go? I mean genuinely really disappointed that he left? Because I imagine the Shrews fans thus far will be saying similar things as we're saying abour Robinson and Gilligan.

Sometimes players need a fresh start and different surroundings, it doesn't mean their useless. The lad Gilligan was a regular last season, played 20 games this, he's clearly not useless but maybe needed a new challenge a new start to get going again.

Friend of mine asked the other day why has Wroe gone, he's your best player. Well about a year ago he would probably be right, but there is no doubting for whatever reasons, Nicky wasn't as happy as he was 18months ago and his performance levels on the whole had gone down.

Providing we can keep these 3 lads till the end of the season, and unlike some previous loan signings, I think like Branston there would be genuine chances of all 3 signing permanent deals, I think all parties are happy. Shrewsbury, us, and all players concerned.
stupid question that royalgull............:'( :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Defender
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: n/a

Post by Defender »

Hello All,
Northampton fan here, I for one was sorry that he was let go even on loan, he has been good for us and I am sure he will be for you, he will always give 100% Good luck for the rest of the season.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

No wonder the NTFC board is a love in for complete wankers, all their sensible fans spend their time on here mourning the loss of Gilligan's island.

Thanks defender, bloody good of you, we'll keep all those interested in his progress updated, so do check back this evening, won't you?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"