Positives for next season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Positives for next season

Post by NA Gull »

Having had 24 hours to think about next season I think that I can list some positives which will surely cheer people up....

1. Lots of new grounds. Welling FC is on every football fans bucket list of grounds to go to, no?
2. Plainmoor will be quieter. I don't like loud noise so the fewer people the better.
3. We might be on TV. If BT Sport do end up sponsoring the league we could be on TV. We will probably lose 1-0 at home.
4. We might get the away end for home games. We might not though.
5. Midweek games don't clash with Champions League matches.
6. No Football League show. We wont have to wait up until 1am on Sunday, listening to Steve 'Awful' Claridge for 10 seconds of us conceding.
7. It can't be worse than this season. Can it?
8. Err... can't think of anymore, but that should be enough......
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Well, I can already leave the Union at 2.55 and be on the terrace in time for kick-off, so that won't change. Queue for loos at half-time should be shorter and I will probably be able to get a choice of the back wall or the rail at the Ellacombe End of the Pop Side.

It would be good if the canteen could stock normal 4-fingered kitkats instead of the chunky ones.
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

I'm looking forward to the positive possibilities, next season, of

1.Meeting teams even more inept than the inept inepters we've seen at Plainmoor and winning a home game.

2. CH banning that stupid above head hand clap aimed at the few supporters who deign to look out of their chips after the warm up

3. Laughing at the supporters who bought, then wear the shirts that commemorated 125 years of ..........................

4. Tonge wearing the Gilbert get up

5. Being 3:0 down in a game of no consequence with ages to go and CH daring to bring on one of the trainees for some real experience.

6. Standing behind an away goal in some godforsaken back end of beyond in the freezing cold, tired from the dash from work, and chatting to some one equally looney

7. Knowing that a portion of my £21 ticket money is not going to pay Danny's milk money

8. Seeing a plan B that might actually work at 60 minutes rather than 82

9. Reading the Non League newspaper articles about our new talented young strikers

10. Seeing a few smiles again
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

eastmoorgull wrote:I'm looking forward to the positive possibilities, next season, of

1.Meeting teams even more inept than the inept inepters we've seen at Plainmoor and winning a home game.

2. CH banning that stupid above head hand clap aimed at the few supporters who deign to look out of their chips after the warm up

3. Laughing at the supporters who bought, then wear the shirts that commemorated 125 years of ..........................

4. Tonge wearing the Gilbert get up

5. Being 3:0 down in a game of no consequence with ages to go and CH daring to bring on one of the trainees for some real experience.

6. Standing behind an away goal in some godforsaken back end of beyond in the freezing cold, tired from the dash from work, and chatting to some one equally looney

7. Knowing that a portion of my £21 ticket money is not going to pay Danny's milk money

8. Seeing a plan B that might actually work at 60 minutes rather than 82

9. Reading the Non League newspaper articles about our new talented young strikers

10. Seeing a few smiles again
This comes dangerously close to "Billy Big Bollocks", which, as Bristol Rovers fans are now seeing, is an extremely silly game to play...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dexter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by Dexter »

Judging by our crowds in our promotion year and crowds this year, people would rather see a winning team than a struggling one, albeit a league lower. There's a big IF as to winning matches and competing next year though. Time will tell.

I think one big positive of being a league lower with a fresh start and new manager is in the chances the 'home grown' lads will get. We would potentially have Yeoman, Sullivan, Chaney, Parcell, Hutchings and Thompson in the squad (dependant on contracts). As Hargreaves has said, young players are the way forward next season and if he gets the right ones in then we could compete, again IF. I would expect with the higher amount of postponements in the conference we could be in for a similar, if not busier February/March where these players will need to step up. FA Trophy 4th round at home to Guiseley is the sort of game where I would expect to see some of the young lads blooded.

Look out for Prynn, something tells me he might get a bit of match time next season.
The deluded optimist
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I enjoyed the conference last time.

Positives, some new away grounds.

Some TV exposure hopefully.

A better, well much better chance of winning a trophy

New players hopefully who will have the same attitude as CH did as a player. This might be a wish more than a positive right now.

Everyone starting the season with hope and a smile :)

Hopefully being able to use the away end for home support for some games
TUST MEMBER
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I've already started buying the Non-League Paper again - still as flimsy, post-season.
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

According to this weekends there will be an article in it about ourselves and BR next weekend.