Season Ticket Renewal - Retained List

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
WYGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ian Twitchin

Post by WYGull »

Renewed my popside season ticket yesterday as well as my son's. One of the most miserable seasons in the forty years I have been going. 150 mile round trip to home games but it's in the blood.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Won't be able to keep me away. Torquay United is and will always be my team and I will support them no matter what league they are in.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

renewed my ticket yesterday. Sad to see so many on here without any hope.....since when has supporting this team been an easy option ? TTID
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Won't be able to keep me away. Torquay United is and will always be my team and I will support them no matter what league they are in.
:goodpost:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Anyone know if the club reception will be open tomorrow as I can renew it then?
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Don't know..would ring first to check. Not sure if you can do it online either, but probably worth checking that out too. I would, but I'm about to drive to Heathrow !! (work, before you think I'm one of ferrarilover's rich associates ) =D =D
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Is the retained list announced tomorrow?

I've adjusted mine, not taking into account contracts, but players who would do a job and deserve their wage. Discounting. Loans and youth players.

Rice, Lathrope, Cameron, Yeoman, Pearce, Thomson, Sullivan, Craig
TUST MEMBER
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

Neal wrote:Is the retained list announced tomorrow?
Dave Thomas in the Herald said it will probably be announced on Wednesday, although Hargreaves will have been holding talks with players today.

Going by Nick's Squad Overview thread, out of those whose deals are now up I'd keep Rice, Lathrope and probably Yeoman. Wouldn't mind Poke, Labadie, Thompson and Bodin staying either.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

This is where Hargreaves starts to earn his money. :keepie:
Hope he's got contacts and more contacts as he needs them. :keepie:
Motorman
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Chaney

Post by Motorman »

Does it really matter who stays and who goes before you renew your season ticket - Is this why you are named The Gulls - You fly away and desert your nest when the going gets tough

you could always pop down to Exeter or to Plymouth, they are still in the Football League if that means more to you than your own Football Club

Coming From a Holiday Resort - You Should Be Like a Bar Of Rock - Torquay Running Through You

What about New Players Coming In that actually want to play - Not just seeing out a contract.

One Guarantee - You will win more Games Next Season than This Season - You Will Challenge For Promotion - Your Football Will Be More Enjoyable to watch

I have reviwed your progress for the last 16 Games - The Difference between Top and Bottom of division 2 is minimal - A bit of luck - Some More Goals - It could have been a different story.

When confidence is low players dont perform to the highest level through fear of not being able to deliver, they change the playing style, decision making is affected, moral is low

Hargreaves needs time to pick his own players and develop them as a team - A blend of Old and New, Experience and Youth - Make Your Home Ground a Fortress - A Difficult Place To Play -Build A Winning Mentality.

You will also have some bad weeks at the office and you must learn how to lose and recover quickly, move onto the next challenge and learn from previous mistakes

You cant shape the past but you can affect the future

By The Way - I was going to purchase a Man United Season Ticket but they sacked David Moyes and its not so appealing anymore as i really enjoyed the run of form they produced under him

I travel 520 miles to watch a game - Is that Commitment??

Motorman
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

No, I've got a couple of mates who travel well over 3000 and 6000 miles each way to watch games, yours barely registers as commitment.

How are you choosing which Words To Capitalise?

Why is every sentence A New Paragraph?

You are Geoff Harrop and I Claim my Fifty Pence.

Who stays and who goes is basically the only factor affecting whether or not to renew the season ticket, so waiting to find out makes perfect sense. "The Gulls" is a brand, but it is made up of a group of 24 or so players. If those players were Ronaldo, Beckham, Scholes, Zidane, Messi, Buffon, Giggs, Hazard, Zlatan etc, ticket sales would go up and rightly so. It must follow that if the team comprises Bob the Plumber and Ted the Builder and Frank the Drayman and Arthur the Candlestick Maker, then ticket sales will fall.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Motorman
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Chaney

Post by Motorman »

I love a bit of banter,never meant to wind you up

Sorry
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Are you seriously suggesting that everyone should just turn up irrespective of who we sign or don't sign.
Its a three hour round trip for me every home game. I am not a season ticket holder but was for many years (supported the team for 53 years). Havn't lived in Torbay for anytime in my adult life.
The last two years have been garbage. Have we won a cup game in that time?
Its no fluke we are going down.
I have probably attended around 70% of home games this season and I havn't seen the team win ONE bloody game.
Its embarassing.
So I won't be turning up at all next season unless we are having a full on tilt on promotion.
Don't think it is die hard Torquay fans who are our only source of revenue either.
The chap I go with has a season ticket for both Torquay and Plymouth. He is a sports fanatic and has just renewed his tickets for next season - only trouble is he has purchased tickets for Plymouth and Exeter!
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Brucie is correct, its not the die hards you need to attract, as they will come regardless. Its the like of brucie, myself, my dad. I live in Bristol, my dad Cornwall, brucie 1.5 hours away. Play the right football, the right way, and I'll happily spend 4 hours travelling once a month. In seasons past, I've always combined trips home with Torquay games so me and me old man can go to games. This season I decided very early on that trips home were better spent visiting mates who I see all too rarely.

And the locals of Torquay are far more likely to say "fancy the footy today?" If the product is good (the product isnt just the team, but the whole afternoon out).

The "die hards" may get all high and mighty about their loyalty, but whilst I'll always support Torquay, I need to get something out of it, as my loyalty to friends, family, my girlfriend and my quality of life when I get time off work is more important. For 17 quid plus 30/40 quid petrol plus pint and a pie I can have a bloody good time with my mates, and probably watch some decent sport on the box in the pub at the same time, so if I'm likely to be depressed and bored for the same money, what am I likely to do?