Argyle Released list..

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DerrifordGreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by DerrifordGreen »

ferrarilover wrote:Jake Cole please.

I'm not sure we want to be raiding their bin though. They are a relegation side for sure without Reid, so picking up their scraps probably won't serve us too well.

Matt.
Untrue. Reid has been excellent but without Hourihane, Nelson, McCormick and Alessandra we would be a relegation side. Thankfully all are ready for next season.

Just need Reid to sign a contract and we're ready..

I hate sounding cocky and whatever, but I'd be surprised if we're not in the top 7 at the end of next season.. We've had a huge clear out, but definitely agree a lot of our side is largely average.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Having the clearout is only half the job though. You now need to find better players to come in and replace them.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

DerrifordGreen wrote: Untrue. Reid has been excellent but without Hourihane, Nelson, McCormick and Alessandra we would be a relegation side. Thankfully all are ready for next season.

Just need Reid to sign a contract and we're ready..

I hate sounding cocky and whatever, but I'd be surprised if we're not in the top 7 at the end of next season.. We've had a huge clear out, but definitely agree a lot of our side is largely average.
Absolutely true, I'm afraid. His 21 goals were worth 19 league points to you (and that's without the goals he created, merely the ones he scored). Take out those 19 points and you finish... Bottom on 41 points.

You can argue until you're blue (or green) in the face, but those are the numbers. If you'd signed Hawley and we'd signed Reid, the roles would be reversed.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

Jeff wrote:Luke Young was supposedly quite handy, I thought? He'd do. As much as I rate Jake Cole, if we can get Ricey to stick around I don't see another keeper as a priority for next season. Blanchard would be a half decent shout if he wants to stay local and we lose both Downes and Pearce.

If be more interested in Exeters released list, as they have a number of locally based players who have been on the fringes. Ideal for a low budget conference rebuild.

And Bournemouth too - a number of their young squad members spent time on loan in the Conf South last season. Chance to step up under the tutelage of CH?
If we can get Luke Young, I would get him in like a shot; he's probably the best passer that Argyle had last season and a full season of regular football at a slightly lower level than he has been used to could help him improve as a player.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

He's what we need, he's better on the ball than Mansell, Harding and Lathrope
We'll be back...
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Yep, Young would be a good signing I think. Blanchard would be a good one too, Cole as well.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14