6 Players Listed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Pea wrote: Or maybe there's an option where the club are smart, rather than stupid...?
I would love to hear that option. We were told that Cooper signed a deal until the end of the season but there was an option to extend that by a further 12 months. Clearly that has been exercised as Cooper has been placed on the transfer list rather than released. The club wouldn't have extended his contract if they wanted to get rid of him so it it appears Cooper was holding all the cards. Unless I'm missing something?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

sam_ wrote: That is one view coming from the anti Danny Stevens fan club!
that, me old (or young) flower, is a very balanced correct view.

he should never have rejoined and if CH resigns him, then he will go down in my estimation after being ready to give him a chance for next season as our manager.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

After letting go the likes of Nico, Downes, etc., I agree it would seem very odd, to say the least, if CH were to retain the services of Stevens. Even if Danny were able to do a job for us in the Conference (and he probably could for somebody), the squad needs a complete overhaul and CH is almost certainly now doing what he should be doing (at least I certainly hope he is), which is doing his best to sign better players and build a better squad than he had last season. Interesting times ahead..
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Brucie is right.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote:Brucie is right.
Ah - welcome back Wivel. Brucie has missed you ! :bow: :clown:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It's 5:15 and I was expecting the axe to have been wielded by now. Anyone else getting nervous that the clear-out amounts to just Nico and 6 players we won't be able to get rid of anyway?
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27305994
Bottom of this article says meeting tonight on budget so could be a couple days on retained and released
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Hargreaves confirms Craig has been listed at his agent's request. Chapell wants to be closer to home.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Your assumptions have got the better of you, Tommy. Make like Moulder & Skully and question everything.

Also, what is it with **** soft footballers and "wanting to be closer to home?" I reckon this has to be a pretty easy way to spot the mummies boys in the dressing room. You're a grown man, you don't need to live near mummy and daddy. Grow up.

Matt.
Last edited by ferrarilover on 07 May 2014, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Matt, there's a lot of offensive language in your post there. Totally unacceptable language. Some of the lads in the dressing room want to be closer to home, and you have every right to be critical of them, but that use of homophobic language is bang out of order and I would ask you to withdraw your comment.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Wasn't intended, duly edited.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I would not criticise or denigrate young men who want to be closer to home. There can be any number of legitimate reasons for wanting the same. It can also take time for many of them (who may have had little of the education, training, privileges, advice or help which others would have received) to acquire the skills, confidence and wherewithal to live an independent existence in the world.

No apologies for this being slightly off topic, but some people (mostly men) don't even have a home to be closer to, nor even a roof over their heads for the night, usually through no fault of their own. If you meet such a person in the street, please consider helping him (or her) in any way you can, even if only a few friendly words of encouragement. It may seem unlikely, but one day you could be in a similar situation yourself..
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I take it using such a person as a urinal would not be an option then - or indeed a merry quip such as get off your lazy arse,smarten yourself up and get a job wouldn't be relevant :O :O :O
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

tommyg wrote:Hargreaves confirms Craig has been listed at his agent's request. Chapell wants to be closer to home.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html
Am I the only one who noticed that in the picture entitled, "Nicholson Celebrations 1", that there isn't actually a picture of Kevin Nicholson. Well done Herald Express.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Craig wants to be closer to home in North wales. We'll see him featuring next season in a wrexham shirt then
To the dotted line, We're on our way