FA proposing League Structure changes

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Can they not Just recreate a new (Mini) Pyramid, seperate from everything else, Just for these "B" Teams?!
I fear the lower tiers of the football league and the confrence will loose alot of supporters, Like myself. Not that I would turn my back on my club, but just simply lose interest.
To the dotted line, We're on our way
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Gloomy Gull wrote:Do I take it you are not keen on the idea then !! ;-)
Far from it, I hope it does go ahead. I will be in with an excellent chance of playing second fiddle to some QC at the inevitable Judicial Review. £1000/day for three months for carrying papers and looking interested all the while playing Angry Birds on my phone. Winner winner...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

This is reported on a couple of other sites too, and is apparently not as popular as the BBC are leading us to believe. Dyke has some serious "selling" to do as the Football League and Conference have reservations in its current form.

Putting the emotion aside, I would like to know what the perceived benefit to English football is supposed to be. If the B teams will have as many foreign players as the A teams, what's the point?
badamsincalifornia
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by badamsincalifornia »

Theoretically what would happen if say Manchester United's B Team wins promotion all the way up to the Premiership? Are there then two United squads? This whole thing is silly. The reference to American college sports and they wanted to model this system after what goes on in America. That would be a disaster. Most Americans that I speak to are envious of English Football and the promotion/relegation system that is in place in England. 9 times out of 10 they state that they wish it were that way in America.....
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

badamsincalifornia wrote:Theoretically what would happen if say Manchester United's B Team wins promotion all the way up to the Premiership? Are there then two United squads? This whole thing is silly. The reference to American college sports and they wanted to model this system after what goes on in America. That would be a disaster. Most Americans that I speak to are envious of English Football and the promotion/relegation system that is in place in England. 9 times out of 10 they state that they wish it were that way in America.....
If B teams were allowed, then the B team would not be allowed to get promoted that high. That is how it is in Germany, Spain etc and even the South Devon League.

In other ways, reserve teams have long been part of the football pyramid. Our reserves have played in the Western League and even Truro City reserves play in the SWPL.

But anyone who has played Football Manager and looked at the lower divisions in France, Spain etc, it tends to just end up being B teams with the odd smattering of small local clubs. The danger is you could end up with League 1 just being B teams with say, Tranmere Rovers wedged in between.

For 125 years, the League has worked well. It's history and heritage is what mark it out. I would prefer they left it alone, although I wouldn't necessarily be against some sort of regionalisation.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Everything in life these days is about screwing the arse (financially of course) of as many people as possible to make organistaions, big business and politiicans richer.

THAT IS WHAT THIS IS ABOUT, NOTHING ELSE, UNDER THE UMBRELLAR BULLSHIT OF IMPROVING THE NATIONAL SIDE. YOUR HAVING A LAUGH!!

Just ditched my Sky contract, and I feel good :)
TUST MEMBER
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Dead right Neal. Everything at the top level in football (and in business more widely) is about money and lining the pockets of the haves. The FA are in the pockets of the Premiershyte, which in turns exists to make foreign players, foreign owners and TV companies rich. These people disgust me, football used to be a working class sport, now football (at the top level) is about screwing the fans for shirts, TV subs, magazines. If these people are capable of taking the Wold Cup to Qatar, then they are capable of finishing off the clubs that we love. We can only protest, but have no power.

Don't expect the politicians to help fight this proposition either, they are only interested in lining their own pockets too.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

If this goes through it will be the most disgusting and corrupt decision which will mean the death of many clubs which could very likely include ours. It is completely farcical that those with money and therefore power can implement such changes all to the benefit of the elite.

If they want more players playing who are English then create a ban on how many foreigners teams can sign or play in a match day squad - not force us to play their reserve sides in order to progress them.

This is farcical and those who are deciding this future (Dario Gradi apart) are all played/managed/represent the Premier League. Hardly giving a view which benefits the heritage of the Football League.

This threat should not be underestimated, it could be a downfall of many smaller clubs which makes you actually question whether this might actually be the aim of the commission.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Looks like the scheming barstewards are going to go ahead with this plan despite objections. This proposal will spell the end of clubs like Torquay.

They are also planning to ban non EU players "outside the Premiership". Interesting that one, talk about the Premiership ruling the FA. Why allow the Premiership to carry on playing non EU players? Well, we know why, don't we. These people make me ill, their only aim is to line the pockets of the rich clubs. Shame on you Roy Hodgson, shame on all the members of this committee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27327502
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

This is a seriously bad joke which has gone too far. You're right, if it's brought in the FA are effectively killing off the game below Championship level. Perhaps that's what they want. I would walk away from football as I'm sure many others would, even if we chose to stay it's very hard to see how our club could continue. No clubs in leagues one, two or the conference will support this - you just hope there is enough opposition to stop it from happening.
The original taunton_gull!!!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Identified problem 1 - Inadequate and insufficient playing opportunities for 18-20 year-old elite players at top clubs.

in the article - develop "strategic loan partnerships" between clubs.

Identified problem solved.

No need for some bullcrap league, surely there's a campaign against this?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I was going to post basically the same thing as Hector. Barcelona B play in something like the third division in Spain. One or two clubs starting from the bottom and coming up is probably ok, but hundreds is a no no. Why can't we have a parallel division for reserve sides which doesn't interfere with the present structure?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Well as League 3 would consist of 10 'B' teams and 10 Conference teams, I guess this represents our best chance of returning to the Football League :whistle:

In all seriousness though, I hope this gets squashed quickly like the '39th' game.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:I was going to post basically the same thing as Hector. Barcelona B play in something like the third division in Spain. One or two clubs starting from the bottom and coming up is probably ok, but hundreds is a no no. Why can't we have a parallel division for reserve sides which doesn't interfere with the present structure?

Matt.

And you can bet your life that a League 3, which would be the fifth tier, being made up of 10 B sides and 10 conference teams, would start the season after we finish 11th and then we would effectively be relegated, simply to accommodate some big team reserve sides.