Home Shirt at Sports Direct.com

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

it probably is disloyal goodluckgull but it may be the only affordable option for some;I know there are some (well, one) who are (is) extremely miffed at being 'ripped off' in the Club Shop. Personally, I've got my home shirt by way of player sponsorship, but I wouldn't have minded getting a cheaper away shirt 'down the road'. Yes, I don't know how much was raised for the British Heart Foundation by the 125 shirt auction (not for Prostate Cancer as the Herald podcast suggested) but it must have been a decent sum.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

goodluckgull wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the reason we paid £40 to the club shop for our shirts was that the extra profit goes towards supporting TUFC. Surely buying a shirt cheaply from Sports Direct is a bit disloyal ?
Also want to mention a big thanks to those fans who paid out between £200 and £300 for the special shirts auctioned after the last game.
OK, I will then. =D

My understanding is that in actual fact the club shop is franchised out to what was previously known as Vandanel but is probably known as Sondico now. As such, whilst I am sure that the football club receives some sort of financial remuneration for allowing them to trade out of the shop etc I don't believe it is accurate to say that profits on sales of shirts go to TUFC as I don't believe that is the case.

Correct me if I'm wrong though!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

goodluckgull wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the reason we paid £40 to the club shop for our shirts was that the extra profit goes towards supporting TUFC. Surely buying a shirt cheaply from Sports Direct is a bit disloyal ?
Also want to mention a big thanks to those fans who paid out between £200 and £300 for the special shirts auctioned after the last game.
Buying the shirts from TUFC shop for £40 when you can get one for less than £12 in a sports shop, is also stupid, unless you have more money than sense. Confusing loyalty with economic stupidity is what football clubs dine off.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

The financial remuneration for the club is probably reflected by the amount of sales, because otherwise there would be no incentive to sell as many shirts as possible, so indirectly the sales of shirts from the club shop do benefit the club. Again I'm just guessing ?
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

goodluckgull wrote:The financial remuneration for the club is probably reflected by the amount of sales, because otherwise there would be no incentive to sell as many shirts as possible, so indirectly the sales of shirts from the club shop do benefit the club. Again I'm just guessing ?
It may well have some bearing.

I recently purchased the 3rd strip kit from the club shop for my lad as a Birthday present ...stuck it on my credit card and when the statement came through it read ...

Sho Ltd-Exeter Cit, Newport :@
gullsfanatic1986
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Hargreaves

Post by gullsfanatic1986 »

I was only letting people know as I still feel £40 for a shirt is so expensive and considering a lot of people are upset with tufc and to how its run then its up to you guys if you buy it from there or a sports shop for a quarter of the price.
I have always supported the team and always will but if I can get a cheaper shirt then I'm sure as hell going to get it
teignmouth54
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by teignmouth54 »

gullsfanatic1986 wrote:The club wont drop the prices down even further, I spoke to julia who runs the shop and she said there is no way they can match it or get anywhere near it. So feel free to buy away
I meant Sports Direct might reduce the prices even further if the response to them is low! They clearly purchased the shirts in bulk at a relatively low cost and want to offload them as quickly as possible.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Something about this makes me think we won't be using either of those next season? Could be some kind of clause in the Sondico/WTS contract about relegation.

I bought the home shirt for £40 from the club shop, and then paid £20 for one for my girlfriend's daughter. Then picked up an old longsleeved one on a whim for a tenner. So to be honest, I wouldn't feel bad about buying this one from Sports Direct, even though I don't really shop there. Seriously considering it (the blue one, obviously).
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Gourock Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ?????

Post by Gourock Gulls »

Has it been confirmed there will be a new home kit for next season, which seems likely when the stripes are being flogged off for £12???
Gourock Gulls
est. 2010
C'mon the Gulls! C'mon the Ton

TUFC/GMFC/BFC/WUFC/BTAFC

Avatar by kind permission of Historical Football Shirts.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Gourock Gulls wrote:Has it been confirmed there will be a new home kit for next season, which seems likely when the stripes are being flogged off for £12???
I was under the impression that the stripes were staying but it was going to be with blue shorts.
Gourock Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ?????

Post by Gourock Gulls »

Thanks Hector.
Blue shorts would look better.
Gourock Gulls
est. 2010
C'mon the Gulls! C'mon the Ton

TUFC/GMFC/BFC/WUFC/BTAFC

Avatar by kind permission of Historical Football Shirts.com
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Part of the reason for me buying it was that is was hopefully going to last and extra season. Plus it is useful for 7 a side and reminds me of the mod-dec windows one from my first years as a Gulls fan.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Also I imagine some profit from sales at the club shop will go to the club, but most will be eaten up by Sondico.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

This week's Herald Express Podcast goes into the question of next season''s kit and As far as they are aware they believe the shirt has another year to run but like most were saying they would prefer blue shorts.

One thought for those who aren't sure whether to save themselves money and buy at Sports Direct or buy at the club so the club get more money how about going for the cheaper option then making a donation of say £10 to the club which I would guess is more than they would get per shirt sold at the shop. Win-Win (not a concept we are used to, I know).
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

I like your thinking "yeovilgull".

Perhaps we should do away with the club shop, if it raises so little revenue. Just have a donation box instead !