CAN HARGREAVES AFFORD PICKLER

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

CAN HARGREAVES AFFORD PICKLER

Post by arcadia »

I see Guy Branston is hinting in todays Indy that he would not mind coming back to United and I think that would be a hell of a signing. If he can keep fit and play as well as last time.
He wants to win games and it rubs off on other players. :keepie:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Are you on crack?

Would be a dreadful signing. Can't get near a Plymouth side who were barely any better than us. What little game he had has long since disappeared. He's 35 and would get walked past by my Nan. He turns like a laden tanker and he's slower than a glacier sliding through treacle. Fine, he can head a ball 75 yards, but then, so can Aaron Downes and he's on the list.

No ta, there are a large number of much better options available, even to us.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Would he want him.
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I would have Guy Branston back on the coaching team, but not as a player, and that's a problem, the only way I could see this working, is, if Branno came in as a player coach. The club couldn't afford to add to the coaching staff, and I believe Branno has nothing to offer now as a player, so for me as a fan, its a no.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Must admit not seen him for two years but to compare him with Downes this season they could be on a par then. :keepie:
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

If you are thinking daft thoughts like this - Gary Brabin is available and would love to come back I am sure!
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

This would be a terrible error of judgment on CH's part and I hope there is no chance of it happening. He did a decent job for us before but that was a long time ago. Having heard him since on the radio and read his comments in the press - he's not someone I'd like back at the club.
The original taunton_gull!!!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Unfortunately, I think the Pickler is definitely one of those players who if he came back, would only tarnish the good memories of his first spell with us.

For a player who's legs were on the way out about 5 years, he did fantastically well to have an Indian Summer of a career with us. Lightning won't strike twice.

If he was on the coaching staff then I'd say definitely. But as a player? No thanks
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ridiculous idea - what next we will be giving Danny Stevens a contract.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

brucie wrote:Ridiculous idea - what next we will be giving Danny Stevens a contract.
Yeah I know! Or even having Hargreaves back as manager? It's all mad isn't it.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
badamsincalifornia
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by badamsincalifornia »

CH needs to use the same model that Buckle used when he built a team in the conference. Younger players, not older retreads that played a role with us in the past.....
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

badamsincalifornia wrote:CH needs to use the same model that Buckle used when he built a team in the conference. Younger players, not older retreads that played a role with us in the past.....
Those younger players like Nicholson, Hargreaves, Todd, Phillips and sills, you mean?

The above list is exactly the sort of players he needs, with youngsters like Cameron around them to provide some dynamism. A sills-esque forward is a must.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Found his comments in the Sunday Independent very interesting-particularly as he was very critical of our players and youth-set up recently.
Basically he really fancies us to come straight back-up,thinks Hargreaves is definitely the man to do it and thinks Bristol Rovers will find it much harder than they are expecting.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

No thanks. We had the best season from him. He's now way past his sell by date.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

forevertufc wrote:I would have Guy Branston back on the coaching team, but not as a player, and that's a problem, the only way I could see this working, is, if Branno came in as a player coach. The club couldn't afford to add to the coaching staff, and I believe Branno has nothing to offer now as a player, so for me as a fan, its a no.
Backed.

I don't think CH would be interested anyway?
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele