Which merry-ground?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Top 3 'eagerly (lol)' anticipated grounds / games next season

Poll ended at 25 Aug 2014, 22:22

Aldershot - Recreation Ground
2%
Alfreton Town - Impact Arena
3%
Altrincham - J'Davidson Stadium
1%
Barnet - The Hive Stadium
6%
Braintree - The Amlin Stadium
3%
Bristol Rovers - The Memorial Stadium
7%
Dover Athletic - The Crabble
7%
Eastleigh - Silverlake Stadium
4%
Forest Green Rovers - The New Lawn
14%
Gateshead - Gateshead International Stadium
6%
Grimsby Town - Blundell Park
1%
Halifax - The Shay
2%
Hereford United - Edgar Street
4%
Kidderminster Harriers - Aggborough
5%
Lincoln City - Sincil Bank
4%
Macclesfield Town - Moss Rose
2%
Nuneaton Town - Sperrin Brewery Stadium
4%
Salisbury City - Raymond McEnhill Stadium
10%
Southport - Haig Avenue
3%
Telford United - New Bucks Head
4%
Welling - Park View Road
5%
Woking - Kingfield Stadium
3%
Wrexham - Racecourse Ground
2%

Total votes: 108

DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Which merry-ground?

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Ok so we've had closure and we face up to the challenge of the conference next season. I've been scanning through the internet to find out about the grounds of the clubs we will be facing and the actual places themselves and I'm really starting to look forward to it. Ok so if you look at the photos of Braintree's ground on that internet grounds guide site then you may think I'm deluded. I am anyway so what's new? =D

This no longer feels like a win but it feels like a really good adventure and although we've been here before, regaining our league status is not a forlorn hope and realistically it could happen sooner rather than later. Can you just imagine what that day will feel like when we finally achieve our league status back at the expense of Northampton?

For now though we get back to earth with a bump and begin the long slog, visiting minnows and challengers from all four corners of the country. Tiny Welling to the not so tiny Grimsby. Brash Brizzle to the chilled out Gloucestershire lot from Nailsworth. It's all in there and it will be a treat. Surely, surely, surely there cannot be any more football to come that is worse than Knill gave us? No. It's impossible.

So, please if you will. The top 3 away games you are most looking forward to next season. I know it will probably be none of them but let's spin the doom and gloom on it's head and eagerly anticipate next season as a test and an adventure to behold. We're in the conference and we've just got to make the best of it. You could opt for supporting Derby County if you wish but that would be silly. You'd soon come to your senses after reading the advice and posts from respected forum members. :)

The Derby project was pure folly. I've been all over the **** country supporting the total shower of shit that is TUFC and I'm not giving up now. The voices in my cranium have had words and the evil Derby side has been ousted by the good Torquay side. I know it makes sense. (Do I? How come? Someone made the decision on my behalf! :lol: ).

So - if anyone can be bothered - TOP 3 MOST ANTICIPATED AWAY GROUNDS / TRIPS NEXT SEASON!

Personally I'm looking forward to Alfreton Town. Seeing us play there would actually represent the lowest point of my Torquay support thus far. Alfreton literally is a large village with a Tesco and an Argos. Being there for our game will really hit home just what has happened. That said I'm prepared for it and will enjoy it and it's only 15 minutes away. :)

Grimsby Town. A battle royale this will be and so long as it's in good weather I can have a good old stroll along Cleggy 'sea' front beforehand and have some fish and chips in the leaking boot.

I was going to go for Dover Athletic because it's just bizarre but I'm not sure if I will be able to make it even though i'll try so I'm going for Braintree. Jesus. It's a non descript town in rural Essex that has a odd name and I'd never in my lifetime ever visit the place if it weren't for our fixture next season. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Braintree has to offer. :'(
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I've got several so 3 was difficult. Welling, Woking, Eastliegh were my choices but also Braintree, dover, Salisbury all grounds new to me. I will obviously GOTO Aldershot as its near to my work and probably Barnet. Hoping some of these are midweek, I know all of you living in Torquay won't be but its ideal for me.
TUST MEMBER
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Braintree - 20mins down the road
Dover/Welling - either, both fairly local to me and look like proper old-school grounds
Telford - don't know why, always had a soft spot for them

Looking forward to most of the away trips though to be fair.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As I'm not renewing my season ticket and plonked the money in the bank, I'm thinking of doing a couple of extra away matchs this season, depending when Bristol and forest green Rovers are a must, and work permitting Salisbury and Nuneaton.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Dover and forest green are the only two, there really are some truly awful teams here next season, we really should be going for play offs even with our current squad!
The gulls are going up
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Win-win!
Nuneaton, Telford and Kidder are all about 30 miles from my Mother-in-Law!
"Shall we go and see your Mum this weekend?"
Brownie points all round. Hoorah!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

If the fixtures fall in the right place...

Gateshead
Barnet
Eastleigh.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

P-shit and FL fixtures are released June 18, no mention of BT? Conference fixtures, anyone know when they are released and date of the 1st game of season,
Lucy
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

I think they usually are released two weeks after the FL fixtures based on this http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... ws_id=9555
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

rickl wrote:I think they usually are released two weeks after the FL fixtures based on this http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... ws_id=9555
Thanks mate
Lucy
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I'm looking forward to the trip to Forest Green, best away trip in the conference without a doubt. My perverse nature is also looking forward to some away trips including Gateshead, Wrexham and Dover. Even better if they're midweek!

Telford, Kiddie and Hereford give me chance to introduce the Gulls to some Staffordshire colleagues and as long as we win, I'll be ok :) Lose and I'll never hear the end of it.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by DerbyshireGull »

So far I'm the only person looking forward to Grimsby. Other than CH that is. :lol:
Gourock Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ?????

Post by Gourock Gulls »

Easy top 3 for me:

* Gateshead - feasible away trip by train from West of Scotland - depending on time of year of course!
* Southport - as above
* Welling United - been to Park View Road a few times when my sister lived a few miles away in Bexleyheath. Have looked out for the Wings ever since and would love to be there to see my two favourite southern teams battle it out. Social Club right at the ground. Would I be able to split loyalties and wear shirts of both clubs???
Financial realities mean I won't need to worry too much about that! Hope for a 4-4 draw and a good few beers together for fans of both sides!
Even better if BT Sport show it!
Gourock Gulls
est. 2010
C'mon the Gulls! C'mon the Ton

TUFC/GMFC/BFC/WUFC/BTAFC

Avatar by kind permission of Historical Football Shirts.com
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I admire everybodys enthusiasm .... but I am not even looking forward to Plainmoor!

I missed it the last time around as I was working in Italy, and followed our progress from the San Siro or Stadio delle Alpi. Somehow sitting there watching Inter- Roma or Juventus - Real Madrid gave the Conference game taking place a thousand miles away a more magical feel.

No escape this time. So bring on the hoof ball and Braintree bloody Town..... and I bet they beat us!!! ;-)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Might want to delete Hereford and include Chester, looks like its a good chance they will go under

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27648903
Lucy