luke young

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I would be happy with that - thought he would be nailed on for Exeter but maybe we are fortunate that they cannot sign players.
Young is above conference level - wouldn't be bothered if Lathrope signed or not - Young is a better player.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

wikipedia says :
Luke Young (born 22 February 1993) is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder. He was released by Plymouth Argyle in May 2014. Having progressed through the club's youth system, Young made his debut in the Football League in 2011. On 18th June 2014, Young signed for Torquay United, where he was seen as a direct replacement for Lee Mansell, who departed after rejecting a new deal with the Gulls.
Mind you, you can't believe everything that Wikipedia says,but it does tie in nicely with this thread !!!!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

wikipedia says :
Luke Young (born 22 February 1993) is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder. He was released by Plymouth Argyle in May 2014. Having progressed through the club's youth system, Young made his debut in the Football League in 2011. On 18th June 2014, Young signed for Torquay United, where he was seen as a direct replacement for Lee Mansell, who departed after rejecting a new deal with the Gulls.
Mind you, you can't believe everything that Wikipedia says,but it does tie in nicely with this thread !!!!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Wikipedia claimed Branston was off to Rangers after us. Although credit to wikipedia, it's getting me through education.
We'll be back...
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Decent signing if we pull it off.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

It's been known for several days now so I would rather have read about it on the internet after he had signed.

As CH found out to his cost blabbing about who he intends to sign to all and sundry has seen a few of his targets snapped up by rival clubs.

There's many a slip twixt cup and lip! ;-)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

We didn't lose either Constable or Midson because Chris made it known, we lost them because Eastleigh offered double the money we could. It's hardly as though they're undiscovered gems we could snaffle in the back door without anyone noticing.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:We didn't lose either Constable or Midson because Chris made it known, we lost them because Eastleigh offered double the money we could. It's hardly as though they're undiscovered gems we could snaffle in the back door without anyone noticing.

Matt.
Matt, just interested to know, but I notice that you have mentioned James Constable as a target of ours a couple of times recently. I have never seen it reported elsewhere that we were in for him, although I do know Greavsie mentioned his colleague at Oxford Dean Smalley, who eventually signed for Argyle.

Are you possibly confusing the two? Or, were we genuinely in the hunt for Constable? if we were then I am pleasantly surprised as I would have always imagined him to be well out of our price range, much more so than Jack Midson, who clearly we were chasing.

As for Luke Young, no reason to doubt this information as we know Roadrunner is a reliable source of information and if, as is hoped, he does sign for us then in my opinion he will be an excellent addition and it would be nice to see a truly creative midfielder with a decent shot on him as that is something we haven't had since Eunan left.

Fingers crossed, we hear confirmation soon.
torkie_buoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Cameron

Post by torkie_buoy »

Just read that Wikipedia page too. Link here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_You ... born_1993)
DerrifordGreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by DerrifordGreen »

I'm still peed off we released him.

Good player for us, was in general very good over the first half of the season.

Any Argyle fan who tries to tell you he's no good is talking absolute bollocks.

He's better than League 1 football.. If he signs for you then I'd 100% want you to win promotion and it would be a nice little excuse to come up and visit Plainmoor again this season.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Wouldn't look too much into the Wikipedia link, anyone can edit it and chances are it was some overly eager fan. Still, would expect us to sign him!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

taxilady wrote:wikipedia says :
:bow: :clap: :goodpost:
Lucy
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Very good signing if true. Well done CH!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

If you listen to a recent podcast on the HE Dave Thomas states that we were never in the running to sign Constable who refused a new contract at Oxford for more money to sign for Eastleigh, so I don't believe we were ever in the hunt.
However it appears that we were gazumped by Eastleigh after being set to sign Midson.
Some interesting stuff on the podcast actually - Thomas stated that Dagenham players were on £400 per week last season.
As they were one of the clubs allegedly showing an interest in Mansell then it would appear unlikely in the extreme that Mansell would uproot his family for that sort of money.
Indeed this could be the problem facing all of Torquays out of contract players - with alot of sides offering less money to players they are going to struggle to find attractive offers.
Finally on the podcast - Fleetwood gained promotion averaging home gates of 158 per match more than we did last season.
Just goes to show that with the drivel served up at home we were not badly supported at alll!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

On this rare occasion, I happen to know better than DT (or perhaps better than DT's official line).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"