Dorchester Friendly - Sat 12th July

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

I am also very disappointed if he has gone. He would have been just the type of midfielder we require. It cannot be anything to do with his performance at T & D so it must either be down to money or him deciding it wasn't for him. Great shame as he would have been very much a crowd pleaser I am sure.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Decent half. 0-0, but we're not really trying to score. The patterns of play we're sticking together are quite nice. Cameron moved inside for 5 minutes and they couldn't get near him.
16 remains lively. Young is slightly disappointing, but hasn't been far out.

5 subs on and 5 men off. **** knows who, Dorchester announcer can't be arsed.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Outrageous save from Seabright. Super freekick from 20 yards, drilled for the top corner, keeper got his fingers to it to stick it onto the bar.

17's **** crap.

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

2-0, Briscoe. Great work from 20 to give LB a gimmie diving header from a yard. This 20 looks tasty (but not in a Suarez way).

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

My word, if you ever wanted to see two diametrically opposed performances...

17 wouldn't get into Totnes reserves. 20 is a great player, best on the pitch by miles. If 17 could finish (or get within 50 yards of the target) it'd be about 8-0. Dorch want to go home. Richards booked. In a friendly. Idiot.

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Ahahahahahaa, 17's turned up at last and scored an unmissable chest from 1/2 a yard. 20 wasted a couple of decent enough chances.

Chapell having a really good game, linking up with Niall to great effect.

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

3-0, very easy in the end (understandably). Some really encouraging signs if this is the football we'll be playing.

Matt.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Any more info on who the '17' and '20' was haha?
Edit: Nevermind, think 17 was Courtney Baker-Richards and 20 was Toby Ajala.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Interesting to hear that ajala still looked good against better opposition, as I thought he was the pick of the trialists against T&D; will be interesting to see how he fares against Yeovil.

Wouldn't necessarily read too much into Cregg's absence; yes, he may have left the building, but equally he may have a niggle or CH may just have decided to look at others today and let him play against Yeovil etc. for what it's worth I would like to see cregg against someone decent, as you couldn't really tell much about his performance against T&D. He didn't lose the ball once, but he didn't make a forward pass either - but then recycling possession was enough for us in theat game. Would be good to see his efforts against better teams.

Baker-Richardson didn't look that great at T&D, so if he didn't perform that well today I wouldn't expect him to hang about - especially as we still have 5 forwards under contract at present. Unless he's mega cheap and CH thinks he's one for the future.

Pity Poku has a knee injury, as I feel he could be a good addition - wonder if he will be fit enough to prove himself before the season starts.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

First post for some time.

I well remember Tony Ajala coming on at Plainmoor last season as a sub for AFC Wimbledon and being impressed by his speed and skill.

Hope to see him on tuesday via Yeovil.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

A half decent performance for a friendly. Downes got the first with a trademark header and the others as described by Matt. Agree with most of what you said but thought Young had a decent game. He seemed to have a lot of the ball first half. I felt after he went off at half time Harding looked better and was driving things forward until he went off.

First time I've seen Ives and I thought he did ok. Looked useful going forward and Ricey was encouraging him throughout.

I liked the way we were trying to get round the back and cross in behind them. Agree about 17, looks like he should be a good player but not sure he is, heading a bit woeful. Shame that Bowman wasn't playing I was looking forward to seeing him. Felt a bit sorry for Benyon. we had 12 subs and he was the only one not used!!
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

FL. Were you the Matt in the hat stood on the Railway side of the ground?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm universally known as Matt in the Hat. It'll have been me. Which one were you?

I think Ives'll look better as a winger, rather than a full back.

Matt.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Kit_robin wrote:Interesting to hear that ajala still looked good against better opposition, as I thought he was the pick of the trialists against T&D; will be interesting to see how he fares against Yeovil.

Wouldn't necessarily read too much into Cregg's absence; yes, he may have left the building, but equally he may have a niggle or CH may just have decided to look at others today and let him play against Yeovil etc. for what it's worth I would like to see cregg against someone decent, as you couldn't really tell much about his performance against T&D. He didn't lose the ball once, but he didn't make a forward pass either - but then recycling possession was enough for us in theat game. Would be good to see his efforts against better teams.

Baker-Richardson didn't look that great at T&D, so if he didn't perform that well today I wouldn't expect him to hang about - especially as we still have 5 forwards under contract at present. Unless he's mega cheap and CH thinks he's one for the future.

Pity Poku has a knee injury, as I feel he could be a good addition - wonder if he will be fit enough to prove himself before the season starts.
Creggs trial is over he has gone home.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Courtney Baker-Richards was woeful. Chappell look good, so did Pearce, Downes and Niall made a few good runs. Number 20 (can't spell his last name, Toby something) was class.

Cameron was okay in the first half, he seems to do the hard part but lets himself down with the end product. The left back? Ives? He wasn't as good as he was against Totnes. Yeoman was totally ineffective. Harding was okay, the tall gangily black bloke had a good touch and surprisingly had some pace, about it. Sully seemed useful. Looks determined on and off the ball.

After watching our two friendlies, I think we're going the right way, it's good progress and we need to try and sign '20' ASAP!!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.