Stewards

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Gullscorer wrote: This 'Realist' obviously doesn't know the meaning of the word 'sarcasm', has no sense of social responsibility, no regard for etiquette and good manners, and no consideration for other people. Realist, you should be ashamed of your own attitude, because whatever the lax and lenient responses may be in the future to using empty seats as footrests, the fact remains that seats are for sitting on, not for putting dirty shoes and feet on.
I disagree

SafetyOfficers post is sarcastic for all the wrong reasons and doesn't help the situation at all.

AC has given a full response, stating his inquiries and the relevant outcomes, the other response is needless and the 'well dammed if you do dammed if you don't' attitude stinks of a lack of customer service. Something which this whole situation boils down too.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I am more than happy with the response from AC regarding the issue and wasn't going to post on the matter again.
However I just don't see that the post from the safety officer is at all helpful. Is it any wonder that a problem exists with that sort of sarcastic attitude. It sort of smacks of "I've had my knuckles rapped over the incident" so I will issue a grudging apology (which I don't really agree with)
Actually I don't think anyone requires an apology other than the two persons who were ejected from the ground.
I do hope they are traced and get some free tickets for a future game which would be the best outcome for everybody (as well as getting their gate money refunded)
Irrespective of everyones differing opinions that would be a brilliant result.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm surprised anyone is surprised by the response from the "safety officer". People have short memories....................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote:I'm surprised anyone is surprised by the response from the "safety officer". People have short memories....................
Short memories of what?
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

So Rob Stanley is still in charge of the stewards then - a shame he didn't get the job at Compton Pool Farm so none of this would have arisen!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Slightly patronising maybe, which is a shame because it makes supporters less tolerant and think that all stewards are the same which of course there not, the good ones are just harder to find that's all. Pay peanuts what do you get? Whatever happened to the tall black guy that used to be at the family stand end of popside? Several supporters would shake his hand on the way in! As soon as we started harping on about what a superstar he was in here he was moved lol.

Fair play to Andy C for doing his best for to sort this out as quickly as he could though, he did his best and you can't ask anymore plus this sort of thing commercially is a not good for TUFC.

Definitely time to move on though.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Is this the same Rob Stanley that was the stadium manager for a while?

Rob "flag hating" Stanley?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Is this the same Rob Stanley that was the stadium manager for a while?

Rob "flag hating" Stanley?
It is indeed 2008-2011

https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?session ... F340%2F454
radiogull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by radiogull »

I wasn't going to post on this but have had to register after reading all this. I work along side Rob in the safety office and I know how he wouldn't have posted on here unless he genuinely felt it was right to. I am sure there was no knuckle wrapping and made to post.

Any how. The ground is a great place to be and the stewards help maintain this. They have rules to enforce and when they do this is all done under camera to make sure they operate properly. This incident had been dealt with and a reminder radio message was sent to the steward to relay about the feet on the 'back' of the chair. Had the fan complied issue over. He did not and others got involved probably making that fan stand his ground more. Unfortunately this then led to the resulting eviction. For me the main thing to learn from thiz is let's work together and enjoy the game. If asked comply if not happy ask to speak to a supervisor.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Radiogull; Having Rob Stanley coming onto the forum and posting isn't a problem to me, and no doubt most of the members of the forum, having that connection with the club through the forum isn't a bad thing at all, Andy Candy has been a great help to many. I except personally that stadium management is a minefield of rules and regulations, with the green guide etc, again having Rob Stanley explaining some of these regulations and why they need enforcing can only be a good thing.

But then in the middle of his post Rob said this; I place the blame firmly on my parents who raised me to respect other people's property and keep my feet on the ground.I stopped well short of saying on here what I wanted to in response to that, can you not see what an unwise choice of words this was ?

As for enforcing the rules, your right, if a person is asked to comply with a request they should, but point of order here, it's about how the steward conducts him/her self in making that request, approach and talk to anyone in the right manner and you'll find that most people will respond in kind, but that doesn't always happen though, does it, heard how some stewards have approached fans on some occasions, it hasn't surprised me one bit the fan has got annoyed.

the police go out every day of week and it's their job to enforce rules, do they every time they see someone breaking a rule, no, they don't, they apply a little thing called common sense, and that's all some are asking for, if a fan up in the seats is constantly jumping up and down, swearing and generally being a nuisance, deal with it, if the worst he's done is take the odd photo and a rest his feet on an empty seat, keep a eye on, but leave it be, this isn't rocket science.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

:goodpost:

Spot on Forever. The approach of the stewards and the need for discretion applied sensibly is the key point. Otherwise common sense goes flying away.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Great post Forever.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

For something as simple as feet on the seats, there really needs to be nothing more than just a catching of eye contact and pointing to your feet. Then when the fan takes his feet off the seats, a good clear thumbs up. Simple, effective, isn't rude and doesn't allow the person to argue back.

I really can't believe it's a particularly difficult job for the most part, unless you have a troublesome supporter. The most difficult bit is probably not watching the game!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"