Levi Ives - world beater

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Levi Ives - world beater

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

well he will according to CH anyway..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28935673
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

He might want to get the contract tied up before he starts touting him around...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

PhilGull wrote:He might want to get the contract tied up before he starts touting him around...
exactly Phil.

the plank.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Love this; The goal was avoidable (Kind of Levi's fault), but it was a foul on Levi ( he is a very young player, should protect him a bit ) and it's big learning curve for him. ( Yep, he was a bit naïve ) make up your mind Chris.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

forevertufc wrote:Love this; The goal was avoidable (Kind of Levi's fault), but it was a foul on Levi ( he is a very young player, should protect him a bit ) and it's big learning curve for him. ( Yep, he was a bit naïve ) make up your mind Chris.
I read those comments as - it was a foul but Levi needs to learn to hit the deck screaming and throwing his hands in the air to draw the attention of the officials to it.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

needs to be a watertight contract too, if hes already a youth international then we should have sell on clauses for ALL future transfer fees AND for full caps
still keeping the faith
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

See where your coming from Rich, but completely disagree. Had Levi hit the deck screaming it's unlikely to change a referees mind, it might, but unlikely, all joking aside, I read those comments to mean, Levi needs to be quicker in making decisions, and physically stronger, and I don't mean go to the gym and pump iron, I mean get him self into the right position quicker and then stand his ground, which is with out seeing the video at the moment I believe he did neither, on the subject of shirt pulling seems to be an excepted thing by refs in football, Richards was doing constantly in our box defending corners, we were thinking, how long before he gives away a penalty.

We had a fantastic view of the whole back line especially in the first half from behind the goal, and we all agreed Levi looked very naïve/inexperienced when it came to the physical stuff, that's ok, not in any way a criticism he's 17 making his first senior start, it's to be expected, there's no doubt what Levi is, no doubt what he could develop into something very special in terms of playing talent, agree with others, have we got him on a contract, and please make sure we get a good wedge if someone comes knocking, not that we'll see any of it reinvested in the team though.

Was that the right time to play Levi, well if Cruise was injured or ill and who knows on that (we'll get a story on the OS in about 4 weeks time on that) then CH had little choice, if Cruise was fit, no it wasn't the right time to play him, we're looking for a good solid start to the conference season, and our team in general lacks a bit of experience, would have stuck with Cruise for the moment, and maybe tried to get Levi a month at Conference South club.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 76286.aspx

A story in less than four weeks !!!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

word is he got a red card in a youth game and is therefore suspended for the next 3 games from Mondays game
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I think CH was spot on in choosing yesterdays game to try Ives - in fact, if anything Southport may have been better.

Saying that - I would bring Cruise back for the away game at Sincil Bank and pick and choose games a bit for Levi at the moment. But it is great to see a talented youngster come through our ranks but he will be better served with some strategically chosen matches rather than expected to do a man's job at places like Lincoln!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dutchgull wrote:http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 76286.aspx

A story in less than four weeks !!!
Indeed, but doesn't tell us whether Cruise had a knock in was ill, as some are speculating, so can only imagine Cruise was fit, which does make this a bizarre decision, whilst I agree with Hector who makes a good point about picking and choosing the right games for Levi to play in, against a fully professional with recent ex-league experience side was perhaps the wrong one, just my opinion.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

He has to start somewhere ! Lee Sharpe made his debut against Excretia all be it as as sub at the age of 16 ! Just to increase a bit of speculation, neither Tom Cruise or his girlfriend who are always in No 10s after game wasn't there yesterday ! Make of that what you will ! Injured ? Left the club ?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well me old Dutch, of course he has to start somewhere, and please no one bother quoting 'if he's good enough, he's old enough' at me, and the difference between Sharpe and Ives, one wasn't a defender. Inexperienced forward makes a mistake, 9 times out of 10 you get away with it, defender, like a keeper has no hiding place, see Aldershot equaliser, which I'm interested to see back on video.

Just my opinion yesterday despite his decent, but inexperienced performance, was to early, would also question whether he's been fast tracked into the side for the right reason, or for all the wrong reasons, like to hasten a player sale.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

Why is Hargreaves boosting this lad up and advertising it to all when has hasn't even signed a professional contract? It occurs to me that Hargreaves is naïve and is in a learning curve himself.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular

Post by bobby93 »

Sesimbra wrote:Why is Hargreaves boosting this lad up and advertising it to all when has hasn't even signed a professional contract? It occurs to me that Hargreaves is naïve and is in a learning curve himself.
To some extent perhaps, but I doubt he has gone knocking on the door of the BBC with a press release. The headline is extremely misleading given the actual content of the article. Bit of a non-story really.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele