Politics

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29549414

Was this a landscape shifting, game changing, monumental, historic day in British politics?
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

chunkygull wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29549414

Was this a landscape shifting, game changing, monumental, historic day in British politics?
Not quite, but it certainly shows that UKIP continues to be a rising force in British politics. Heywood and Middleton produced the more significant result, since it indicated that UKIP is gaining support from across the political spectrum and threatens not only marginal constituencies but the safe seats of both Conservative and Labour.

By-election results are often affected by lower turnouts, protest votes, and the personal popularity of candidates, and these were no exception. But these by-elections showed more than that. The rise in UKIP support in recent years in European elections, in local elections, and now in parliamentary elections, indicates more than mere protest, and the main political parties and their leaders, all virtually indistinguishable from each other, will ignore UKIP's progress at their peril. The likelihood is that they will attempt to attack, smear, denigrate and demonise UKIP with everything they've got.

Next year's general election could be a very interesting one.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

chunkygull wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29549414

Not at all. Although there was a lower turnout Labour actually increased their percentage of the vote in Heywood and Middleton. In Clacton the incumbent, albeit representing a different party held his seat.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Will they ever learn. The more they smear. denigrate and put down UKIP the more likely I am to vote for them. I have become so tired of the negative politics of the last 40 years. Slag the oppo off forgetting to tell anyone with any clarity and positivuty what they are going to do and what will happen if they fail to do it.
Plus not one of them will engage in any meaningfull discussion as to why the EEC has ruined our economy for years.
If we had used the money we had poured down that black hole for something more usefull then we would have had a better economy ourselves. No doubt they would have found something to waste out money on but at least it would have been wasted here not in Brussels. and we would have had control over our own laws.
So go on Labour. go for it Conservatives. I won't even bother with the libdems. They have shot their bolt. Just be your normal negative denigrating selfish downputting selves. And make my commitment to vote for UKIP even more certain.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

So Mr. Cameron, in his EU negotiations (assuming he is re-elected) is to demand the right to limit European immigration as the price of staying in the EU.

Mr. C, you still don't get it. Neither, for that matter, do the Labour and Lib-Dem leaderships. The British people want more than this.

Of course we want to take back control of our own borders. But we also want to take back control of our own destiny.

And we want a government whose members will put the interests of the British people first, before an undemocratic EU, before
big business lobbyists, before political ideologies, before political correctness, and before politicians' own egos.

Nigel Farage has said the battle is not about right v left, it's about right v wrong. I agree, and I would also say that the battle is an authoritarian v libertarian one, with UKIP representing the cause of freedom.

Mr. C, if you carry on like this you will not only lose the Rochester by-election, you will lose the general election, and (assuming you remain as the Conservative leader) you will have to deal with UKIP and its more than 160 new UKIP MPs...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Are opinion polls fair and accurate? The findings of polls and surveys are often affected by how the questions are formulated. Also, different polling methods (on-line. telephone, face-to-face) may throw up slightly different results.

Most polls fail to offer UKIP as a specific choice for voters, altering the outcome for the party significantly. And it is odd that a party currently running in third place (UKIP) isn’t included in prompts when the party that’s currently running in fourth place (Lib Dems) is.

However, ComRes gave voters the opportunity to opt for UKIP alongside the three establishment parties.

The latest (on-line) poll from ComRes specifically offering UKIP along with Conservative, Labour, and Lib-Dems, to potential voters, reveals UKIP on track for 24% in the General Election (see the link below).

Responding to the poll UKIP Leader Nigel Farage said: "This shows the massive difference between prompted and unprompted polling and it's about time that Peter Kellner of YouGov, who is regarded as the gold standard of pollsters, should move with the times."

Well, he would say that, but perhaps he has a point:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archi ... +Report%29
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Britain's annual contributions to the EU have quadrupled since 2008. And still the EU is demanding more.

This is because they seem to think our economy is improving. Yet our trade deficit with the EU is getting bigger. The Conservatives claim to have cut the trade deficit since the last election. This is not good news; it's still a deficit. But it's not even less bad news.

The situation is much worse than that.

Because what they don't want us to know is that the national debt is the biggest it has ever been, to the extent that we can no longer afford to pay the interest on it. This means only one thing in the very near future: printing more money, massive inflation, and national bankruptcy. Society will collapse, and there will be blood.

In the past, when rulers have faced such a scenario, they have been inclined to find a scapegoat, and to start another war.

Watch this space..
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Gullscorer wrote:Britain's annual contributions to the EU have quadrupled since 2008. And still the EU is demanding more.

This is because they seem to think our economy is improving. Yet our trade deficit with the EU is getting bigger. The Conservatives claim to have cut the trade deficit since the last election. This is not good news; it's still a deficit. But it's not even less bad news.

The situation is much worse than that.

Because what they don't want us to know is that the national debt is the biggest it has ever been, to the extent that we can no longer afford to pay the interest on it. This means only one thing in the very near future: printing more money, massive inflation, and national bankruptcy. Society will collapse, and there will be blood.

In the past, when rulers have faced such a scenario, they have been inclined to find a scapegoat, and to start another war.

Watch this space..
I very much doubt it. By the time they have finished they will have taken that off us too.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

No football this weekend, so I'm off to Rochester tonight to help canvass with the Mark Reckless' UKIP team tomorrow, to make sure we secure our second MP in a couple of weeks time.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

How did your day go Danny ? Got a feeling you might win the seat ? or to close to call ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

forevertufc wrote:How did your day go Danny ? Got a feeling you might win the seat ? or to close to call ?

It seems like Mark Reckless will win and go back into the commons as a UKIP MP. The majority of people we spoke to on their door steps are going to vote UKIP. A very good day and fantastic to have a quick word with Farage and an even longer one with Reckless.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I believe this is not the first time the private Mount Stuart hospital has been in trouble:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-30005878

There's lot to be said for the NHS. Remember private health care is for profit. The NHS is for free, especially for those who can't afford to pay taxes.

Don't let anyone destroy the NHS, not even by slow and surreptitious degrees of stealth.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gullscorer wrote:I believe this is not the first time the private Mount Stuart hospital has been in trouble:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-30005878

There's lot to be said for the NHS. Remember private health care is for profit. The NHS is for free, especially for those who can't afford to pay taxes.

Don't let anyone destroy the NHS, not even by slow and surreptitious degrees of stealth.

Better not vote in UKIP then, completing the privatisation of the NHS is one of Farage's priorities.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

PhilGull wrote:
Better not vote in UKIP then, completing the privatisation of the NHS is one of Farage's priorities.

No it's not!? Where on earth have you got that from!?