Torquay United v Forest Green Rovers matchday thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brizzie level.........

pearce down injured......... :-/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Glostergull wrote:commo thinks we lost our impetus after Bowman went off. That's gotta be down to That Foul. Oh boy do we need to get that elusive goal
Come on Youny. we need one of your wonder goals from you
lol Slightly wishful thinking.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

well that would explain a lot.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

come on Youngy. get one in score your wonder goal!!!!! PPPLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAASSSSSSEEEEE

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

great save by their keeper from young............. :@

FT 3-3
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

We should have won that.! oh well another day another game. Hugehs is a real bell end though. and their guy should have been sent off. we should have had a penalty. And i should have a new girl friend.

Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

After being 3-1 up i feel very disappointed that we have drawn that.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Rice again at fault for the second goal according to the commentator let the free kick straight through his hands. Cannot wait for the end of the season when Hargreaves will undoubtedly sign a proper goalkeeper.
Its soul destroying to be dropping points every game because the keeper can't do his job properly. Goal a game Rice strikes again I'm afraid. 2-0 and 3-1 up - feels like a defeat.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

I do too. but FGR are comeback experts. We had a 2 goal lead twice in this match. But failed to kill it off. what we really need is a bit of FGR's never say die attitude. If we had that, maybe some of the matches we had in the last few weeks would not have been defeats.

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Disappointed like everyone else and will want to hear the match reports from those that were there, however we have again been outdone by a more professional outfit doing a job on us. Call it what you will but they knew how to play us and came away with a point when they should have left with nothing.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: See ya then. You're missing a bloody great game.
:goodpost: :clap:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Brucie. That's not entirely accurate. if you want to pick on certain words they used to make him appear useless again I suggest you hear the proper words they used. both of them admitted after that with the wall in place he would have seen it very late. so was it as much the wall. some you win. some you lose. I have heard matches this week where other keepers have also commtied bloopers. He aint much different from many of the others. if you want a significanlty better keeper. please tell me where we are going to find one we can afford. and how much do you honeslty think he is going to cost. In possible signing on fee. Agents fee. VAT and wages.

njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

The keeper now is the same keeper we had when we had a run of 5 straight clean sheets (and 8 in 10) so he can't be THAT bad. Having said that since that run we've now conceded multiple goals in 8 of 9 games. We gave up as many goals in 4 minutes today as we did over that entire 10-game stretch earlier this season. People wanted Tonge out (and Berry does seem a massive improvement) but we're still shipping goals. People wanted Pearce in (and he seems to have been reasonably solid) but we're still shipping goals. People wanted Rice out, we tried that, and we still shipped goals. Something has gone rotten at the back but I don't know what potential fixes are left.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I will await the highlights but 3-1 with the game in the bag and Steve Breeds first reaction was "Rice should have done better than that" " the balls gone straight through his hands" - they also referred to his "hesitation" several times throughout the game.
Berry and Pearce have suffered from a lack of match practice this season so cannot be blamed for anything.
Yet again the oppostion keeper makes a brilliant save at the end to deny Young - its always the same though the opposition keeper seems to make brilliant saves game after game whilst our keeper (whoever it is) seems to let cheap goals. Thats frustrating - it isn't me making Rice look bad, I am just going on what the commentator said.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Shut up Brucie you didn't even go to the match how you can give an opinion on a goal is beyond me.

Looks to me like the guy smashes it in,

Interestingly they said during the Barnet game that Rice was too far over covering the wall during that game

The free kick was similar today and Rice looked too far over what do we pay a goal keeping coach for?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!