TUFC.V.BRFC boxing/new years day match thread.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

hector wrote: Brucie - Rovers created endless chances. A group - on the Pop - near me were counting what the score should/could have been. They got up to 15. If we had lost that 8-1, we could have had no complaints. As for their 2nd goal - they tried that tactic on every corner preceding the goal but our team were too naive to cotton on.

We just have too many players in our squad who are not good enough and blaming referees, the weather, just masks the inadequate, mediocre, non-league shambles we have become. It is a sad end to the year to watch what this club has become.
Think that was my "group" :goodpost:

Also one of rovers fans think it was hand ball not off side
"Just seen the highlights, looked like a great performance. Definite handball in the last minute, great decision by the linesman to see that"

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/1977/match-d ... z3N8XpoDie
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I thought Benyon looked like he controlled the ball with his upper arm/shoulder and also looked offside.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

tomogull wrote:Friendlygas, Surreygas and others - it's good to read your views on here as opposed to our own understandably biased opinions ! Personal insults which have been flying around do nothing whatsoever to add to discussions about yesterday's game. Let's face it - we were soundly beaten by a better team on the day. It would have been good to snatch a point at the death but it would have been daylight robbery. It's hard to pinpoint where things are going tits up. Some are criticising the defence but I thought the back four did okay apart from the second goal. Brucie even posted that he didn't think Levi Ives had a very good game but I thought he was one of our best players. I think just like last season, we are losing it in midfield. Luke Young has been a great signing of course but Courtney Richards is not showing the sort of form he showed early in the season. He created nothing yesterday. Up front, O'Achie works hard and chases everything but as Forever rightly posted weeks ago, he will create more goals than he scores. Yesterday's conditions didn't suit Toby Ajala's game (I thought Briscoe should have been brought on much earlier) and Bowman was the worst player on the field. He did nothing all afternoon and didn't look interested in putting himself about. I thought the ref did okay in horrendous conditions. Maybe he got some decisions wrong but he did his best to let the game flow.

My view of Rovers ? Difficult to assess in such awful conditions. Strong and well disciplined in defence and in total control of midfield. Impressed with their nos 10 & 11 (Taylor & Gosling ?). Lots of chances created BUT ....... the finishing was woefully bad. Yes - they could have won 5 - 1 but if they fail to put chances away like they did yesterday, they will get caught by a sucker punch as they nearly did. They should be in the play offs but there have been better sides at Plainmoor this season. Discounting Barnet who play to Martin Allen's up and at 'em style, Gateshead, Grimsby, Woking and Forest Green have looked better footballing sides.
Gosling was the lad released by Exeter, who in the summer, when he was without a club, I was suggesting that we signed along with Luke Young. Sadly, we didn't.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

brucie wrote:Actually I have re read your post and have concluded that you are genuinely mentally ill.

Have you ever seen Matt Grimes play? Its rumoured that someone is going to pay a million for him in January. Mansell and SInclair (in particular) are a pair of cart horses. Did you actually see how many times Christian Pearce left SInclair sat on his arse yesterday? - it was laughable and he is a centre half.

And we havn't got anything to compare with them. Our best player by a mile is Luke Young and he is way better than either of your central pairing.
Is that sort if thing necessary or even appropriate? To say that someone is 'genuinely mentally ill' because of a disagreement over a football match is just uncalled for, however tongue-in-cheek it was meant.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Don't worry could never take offence from low life like Brucie :lol: :lol: . i would imagine he would be on Rices hit list way before me!!! I think Sinclair and Mansell are probably having a good laugh at his expense too having dominated the midfield yesterday. :@ :@
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

brucie is my mate - I will stand by him.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Fair enough Mate. I don't know him from Adam but he doesn't know me so insults are totally unnecessary. Crucifying your own players ie Rice is also indefensible.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I agree. I've always found Friendlygas friendly enough. If any of us disagree with his or anybody else's comments, we should respond to such comments with reasoned arguments and sound opinions of our own, rather than with personal attacks and abusive language.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I think this forum has always welcomed view points of fans from other club, and us members should welcome fans from others clubs also, agreed friendlygas has always been a good contributor to this forum, but like all of us, he's going to defend his club, and why not.

Unlike the now defunct official Bristol Rovers forum that didn't seem to welcome many, even I, managed to get banned from it.. :rofl:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think it's time now to draw a line under the boxing day clash at Plainmoor, Rovers won it, and I, think all agree they deserved to win it. Now it's time to our attention to our visit to the Memorial ground on New Years day, Bristol Rovers entertained fellow promotion hopeful's Macclesfield Town to the memorial ground today, Rovers picked up a very, very impressive 4.0 win, guess they had their shooting boots on today.

Rovers sadly for us, now sit top of the current form table, their last six games read; W-D-D-W-W-W.

Their line up today as follows;

25 Puddy
02 Leadbitter
05 McChrystal
06 Parkes
04 Lockyer
23 Monkhouse
07 Mansell
24 Sinclair
11 Gosling (Clarke - 64' )
10 Taylor (Goldberg - 79' )
27 Blissett (Harrison - 79' )

Martin Rice missed the game today through illness, Levi Ives is believed to have a back Injury, and most concerning to the gulls was Luke Young limped off today with what's thought to be a twisted knee and could miss Thursday's game.

The Gulls could have won today's game, a disallowed Bowman goal a few missed chances, however by and large it sounded like a struggle against a Welling side ravaged by Injuries and suspensions, our team has to improve and fast.

Our current form now reads; D-L-W-L-L-D

Line up today as follows;

23 Seabright
29 Berry Booked
03 Cruise
04 Downes
21 MacDonald
06 Harding
08 Young (Ajala - 70' )
12 Chapell (Benyon - 82' )
14 Yeoman (Richards - 71' )
07 Briscoe
09 Bowman

I have tickets to this game and going with my lad, I have some spare seats if anyone wants to go but can't get there, just send me a PM. We've decided to enjoy the day out, I'm not expecting much from this game from a TUFC point view, but you never know, a different day, different ground, different set of circumstances. My challenge to CH and the team, make me eat a large slice of humble pie, and go and win the game, please.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

forevertufc wrote: I have tickets to this game and going with my lad, We've decided to enjoy the day out
:O :lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

I am looking for the details of the New Year Day's game from Torquay United's Travel Club, but cant find them. Please can someone let me know ? I just want to know what time the coach is leaving and the cost.
surreygas
New Signing
New Signing

Post by surreygas »

goodluckgull wrote:I am looking for the details of the New Year Day's game from Torquay United's Travel Club, but cant find them. Please can someone let me know ? I just want to know what time the coach is leaving and the cost.
For all Travel Club information, please call the hotline on 07861 907090
Read more at http://www.torquayunited.com/tickets/aw ... SWOT6fM.99
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Thank you surreygas
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wivelgull wrote:brucie is my mate - I will stand by him.
get a room FFS.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468