Torquay United exhibition at Torquay Museum

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fleurette
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fleurette »

As many of you may already be aware, Torquay Museum and Brixham Heritage Museum are facing devastating cuts of 42% in their grant from Torbay Council for 2015/16, as recently announced in their latest £14m Savings Proposals.

Although we sympathise with the difficult financial choices that Torbay Council has to make in the coming years, their proposed cut to Torquay Museum’s grant will have a dramatic negative effect on the Museum. There is a real possibility that Torquay Museum will be forced to close its doors next year after 170 years in existence, which would be an enormous cultural loss to the English Riviera’s residents and holidaymakers and mean that the TUFC Exhibition might not happen!

We urgently need your help to keep our museums alive. The whole package of proposed Torbay Council budget cuts is currently undergoing a consultation process, so this is your chance to tell the Council how much our museums mean to you and the people of Torbay. If there is a large groundswell of opinion against these cuts, then there is a chance that the Council will reverse their decision – but we need your help now, please.

To register your opposition to Torbay Council’s proposed cuts to Torquay Museum and Brixham Heritage Museum, please follow this link to the Museums Grant Consultation Questionnaire http://www.torbay.gov.uk/surveys/budget ... sgrant.htm The questionnaires are also available in paper format from both museums, and also libraries throughout Torbay.

If you have a Facebook page, please make your friends aware of the plight of our museums and enlist their support. Thank you.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

that link wasn't valid for me
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

that link wasn't valid for me
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Or me
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

dead link, sadly!
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

THanks Kit Robin ! Filled it in; ethnic origin ? Devonian !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

THanks Kit Robin ! Filled it in; ethnic origin ? Devonian !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Fleurette
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fleurette »

Apologies for the uncertain link - sometimes they don't work properly and need to be copied and pasted. Thank you for supporting the Museum in this way and for now the TUFC exhibition is still very much a reality.
Fleurette
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fleurette »

The Torquay United Exhibition has been pencilled in for as soon as possible after 6th February 2015. Please if anyone has any items that they would be happy to lend to the Museum, can you contact me at [email protected] as although I have some items already here, or promised, I need to get them in and sorted! I also have a wishlist - anything to do with when Torquay were the Magpies, old and/or new football boots, old and/or new footballs. Thank you to all the people who have already loaned items to the Museum or have promised them.
Fleurette
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fleurette »

If anyone has photos (300 dpi please) of Don Mills, Ruud Gullit, Peter Cook, the Open Top bus promotion tour of 2009, please can you email or WeTransfer them to me at [email protected] asap

Thank you
Fleurette
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fleurette »

Have found some footage from British Pathe of the Spurs v Torquay 1965 and Leeds v Torquay 1955 games, unfortunately it costs to show them! Anyone want to sponsor the Museum for showing these video clips as part of the upcoming TUFC exhibtion? Contact me in confidence at the Museum - [email protected] if you are interested
Fleurette
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fleurette »

Graphics panels have gone to the printers and I've been told by the Curator that I'm not allowed to accept any more items for display at the exhibition!! Opening day is Monday 16th February, further details to follow on the Museum website....
Fleurette
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fleurette »

Hopefully this link will work....http://www.torquaymuseum.org/events/det ... rdog-story

Keep an eye on it for more details as we get them!
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

Fleurette wrote:Hopefully this link will work....http://www.torquaymuseum.org/events/det ... rdog-story

Keep an eye on it for more details as we get them!
Hopefully the graphics panels don't have the same proofreader as the website... "the Bay's most famous fooball team"? :-/