Good news to come?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Pleased we have signed somebody, but I thought the issue was not that we couldn't score, but more that we struggled to supply our forward line?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

Perhaps CH has seen the video and expects him to score all his goals from the half way line... thus rendering the need for supply redundant!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Have noticed over the last couple weeks the club has become more proactive in the use of social media, and in terms of bringing in extra revenue have thought assets like no10's have been hopelessly under used, so nice to see on FB about a curry night coming up, so yes, is Kelvin Thomas beginning to have an influence on things.

I don't just think the supply to the front line is the only issue, admittedly I haven't been to as many games as I would have liked, but seen enough to form an opinion, I think one of the biggest problems has been a difference in style of play, at the start of the season the ball was coming out from the back, other teams were struggling to cope with the speed of our passing and movement, as the pitch's have got heavy we've got sucked into knocking long, which doesn't suit the likes Bowman, and there's no need to that, seen enough F.A Cup games played on pitch's worse that ours by lower league teams who've managed to play football through out, with out feeling the need to hoof it.

We are a conference team now, and the club hasn't got money to buy our way out of all the issues regarding the overall quality of the squad, CH will have to improve some of the players we've got, however seen enough games this season where the goals scored to chances ratio has not been good enough, so a step in the right direction.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

CP Gull wrote:Confirmed on the BBC site ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31500592

Seems to be true - potentially a good signing in my book. Nice to see that he notched one (within 2 minutes of coming onas a sub) at Home Park earlier in the season for Oxford, in one of only three appearances for them. Seems Oxford have been a little bit naughty here, as according to his previous club - Jarrow Roofing - he was loaned to Oxford in November with a view to a permanent transfer (and more importantly to them an agreed fee) to be paid to them when the transfer window reopened in January and it seems as though Oxford reneged on that arrangement and tried to renegotiate the deal ....

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/loc ... -1-7079369
Weren't we linked with a bloke from Jarrow Roofing a couple of years ago?

Edit: Yep, whatever happened to this guy?

http://forum.torquayfans.com/viewtopic. ... row#p50775
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

People had a look at him and he was **** tuppence ha'penny, worse than a night down the pub with Hector and Brucie. :devil:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

"You will know them by their actions" . . . .

. . . . preceded by you will know them by their intentions. :nod:

Carry on KT.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ferrarilover wrote: worse than a night down the pub with Hector and Brucie.

Matt.

I know worse . . . . standing either side of a pisstaker at the urinal and suffering first degree splashback.

:engflag:
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

CP Gull said:
Certainly seems to know where the back of the net is - scores all FIVE here! Including a rather decent fifth one from the halfway line!

Judging by the standard of play, he should feel at home down here. :}

He can score when one-on-one, round the keeper, find tight angles - not to mention a very well taken pen! :goal:
TUST member 200 ;-)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The real good news would be we finish the season in a play-off place and win the previously named " FA Amateur Cup" .

Dont go there because you will be disappointed and possibly doubly so.

:-/
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Not surprised Campbell has scored a shed load of goals playing for Jarrow Roofing. If he doesn't nail down a starting place he'll be hammering on the manager's door.
"I felt he'd be good for us," said KT as he unrolled the new signing! :bow:
houndtorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by houndtorgull »

More positive news from the club in relation to deals for the non-contract players. CH certainly seems more upbeat at last.

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 78212.aspx
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

nickbrod wrote:Not surprised Campbell has scored a shed load of goals playing for Jarrow Roofing. If he doesn't nail down a starting place he'll be hammering on the manager's door.
"I felt he'd be good for us," said KT as he unrolled the new signing! :bow:
Bliddy 'ell, Nickbrod - you'll be slated for that .......... ;-)