Nuneaton Town v Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Nuneaton Town v Torquay

Post by Dave »

Saturday see's our team travel to the Liberty way stadium, sat nav post code CV11 6RR, capacity 4,500(514 seated) to take on Nuneaton Town, Nuneaton Town another reformed club were relegated to step eight of the non-league after liquidation 2007-8, however are enjoying their third season in the conference premier league after a quick recovery.

Nuneaton Town gained a very respectable 13th and 15th place finish's in the last two seasons, however are finding life more difficult in the non-league top flight, this time around. As far as I know our only previous meeting with Nuneaton Town was our 4.0 victory back in September, since then Nuneaton Town have appointed Liam Daish as their manager, Daish who many gulls fans will remember led his previous club Ebbsfleet to the F.A Trophy at the expense of Torquay in the 2008 final.

Nuneaton Town despite currently sat 22nd and in relegation trouble have had an upturn in form recently and are unbeaten in their last four games, picking up a fantastic away win at Gateshead and a respectable draw against Kidderminster, they've strengthened their squad since our last meeting, with keeper Max Crocombe on loan from Oxford, Adam Dawson, Simonas Stankevicius and Marcel Barrington on loan from Leicester, also added the loan signing Michael Gash. I said in the Telford match thread the warning was there, the same applies in for this match, Nuneaton are very capable of getting a result against us.

Information for those traveling to the game http://www.nuneatontownfc.com/a/visitin ... 37368.html

Nuneaton's current home form reads; D-L-L-L-D-W overall form; L-L-W-D-W-D

Last time out Nuneaton drew 0.0 away at fellow strugglers Southport and lined up as follows;

01 Crocombe
17 Smith
05 Dean Booked
03 Franklin
11 Streete
07 Armson (Sodje - 90' )
14 Whitehouse Booked
18 Brown
06 Walker (Ogleby - 70' )
10 Brown
12 Maris

From a Torquay point of view, Thomas Cruise has now joined Dale Tonge on the side-lines for the rest of the season, Angus MacDonald is available again after suspension , apart from that I do not know of any other injuries or suspensions. It will be interesting to see whether Gus returns to the side, and if so whether Pearce or Downes will make way.

Torquay's current away form reads; L-D-D-L-D-W overall form reads; D-L-D-W-L-L

Last time out for the 0.1 home defeat by Chester, Torquay lined up as follows;

01 Rice
26 Gueguen
04 Downes
08 Young
29 Dawson (Campbell - 85' )
05 Pearce Booked
12 Chapell
06 Harding (Richards - 76' )
10 Ajala
07 Briscoe (Yeoman - 76' )
09 Bowman

Match reports from Tuesdays game and those I've spoken who attended suggest the performance v Chester was much improved in terms of spirit if not quality, although I'm certain at this stage of the season we already have enough points to avoid being dragged into a second successive relegation campaign, and I do not see our team failing to gain enough points current form is becoming a real concern, including the F.A Trophy semi-final our team has now last it's last four games, last three have seen us fail score.

Saturday is going to be another though game against a resurgent Nuneaton Town side, us fans need confidence in Chris Hargreaves, and that he is the man to lead us forward, and we need confidence in the players, many of whom will probably be us next season, we need results now, first and foremost, and it has to start right here, with this game.
Last edited by Dave on 12 Mar 2015, 19:25, edited 3 times in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

forevertufc wrote:
Information for those traveling to the game http://www.nuneatontownfc.com/a/visitin ... 37368.html
Is that the post code for the ground or some bonkers stadium name :lol:
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You didn't need to quote the whole post, you can quote parts of post. oh b-t-w fixed for you.. :)
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Good or bad performance, no bookings or ten, whether it be a draw or an unlikely win, I don't care!
Football is a results business and we've gone too long without one.

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 31599.aspx
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Mothering Sunday in Great Barr and I've got a pass for this one! Hooray!
Shall be taking my youngest and meeting up with some old friends too.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Nuneaton have the biggest negative goal difference in the division (-34). If there's one game where we're going to start scoring goals again, it's this one.

Isn't it?

Anyone willing to bet?

Anyone..??

:-/
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Gullscorer wrote:Nuneaton have the biggest negative goal difference in the division (-34). If there's one game where we're going to start scoring goals again, it's this one.

Isn't it?

Anyone willing to bet?

Anyone..??

:-/
I see it more this way: if Nuneaton are going to turn the goal difference around against any one, it surely has to be Torquay.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It doesn't quite work that was GS, maybe over the whole season Nuneaton may have the biggest negative goal difference, but current form is measured over a teams last six games.

Over the last six games Nuneaton have picked up more points and conceded less goals than we have, in fact while Nuneaton haven't conceded a single in their last three games, we haven't scored in the last three, so ripe for a Torquay win I guess.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Trying something different tomorrow sounds a good idea, rather like a new manager coming in trying to gee the players up into an improved performance.
The second half performance against Chester gives hope that a few wins are around the corner. I'm going for a Torquay win at Nuneaton by a decent margin.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Well Ive decided to go. My first game in a while due to my broken leg. Reckon I can stand for 90 minutes now, well I will see. Got the go ahead from Dr to drive this week so will make a change to get out since December, as it was a bad break.

So anyone on here see an old boy hobbling around on crutches in the away end, say hello (if you want of course) :)
TUST MEMBER
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

can't go today, just got back from Gatwick. Will be listening online.....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Won't be in attendance today. CH said he's likely to try a new system which I hope means more attacking intent and getting Young forward scoring goals again. 3-5-2 perhaps? Who knows.

Personally I'd like to see some sort of 4-3-3 formation with Ajala being the key figure in creating chances. Three central midfielders with young playing between the lines with freedom with Richards and (someone) dropping back centrally. Bowman bang central with Ajala and Reid playing off him and using their pace to create width up front. That's what I'd like to see!

Score predictions? Anyone's guess.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Rice (gk), Downes, Briscoe, Young (c), Bowman, Richards, MacDonald, Ives, Gueguen, Dawson, Campbell

Subs: Pearce, Harding, Ajala, Chapell Reid

3-5-2 then!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Hargreaves' been reading this forum ! The plank has gone for 3-5-2 (5-3-2) !

:O

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"