FC Halifax v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

get iiiiinnnnnn !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Daniel, sign him up now!!
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Went away fro 5 minutes and come back to the commentators going crazy. I thought this was going to end up as a bore draw as nothing has happened in the match of note.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

lost commentary again......
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Are you listening on the Gulls Player or BBC website? Player working fine for me.
chestertorkyman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by chestertorkyman »

Cannot understand the team selection as extra points are an irrelevance now. Should not Hargreaves be looking at the future ? look again at Gueguen, and blooding Prynn and Chaney. In fact if you are not planning for next year now, Hargreaves should have gone on holiday so he is back at Plainmoor to be seeking out those future United players during the summer.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Somebody shut that Breed chap up - he has chronic verbal diarrhoea!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

lucky you can hear him Baygull ! Internet locally has deteriorated in the last three months...bit like the team really !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

well well well, 3 wins in a row. There were postings on here a few weeks back saying they couldn't see us winning anymore this season and we were heading for the conference. Footballs a funny game :)

Sounds like we have unearthed a gem in the Goalie, and local too, that's a real positive.

Could hear the Yellow Army singing on the commentary, excellent.

Doubt the converted Exeter fan will be on here tonight, perhaps was watching Exeter lose at home, pity Exeweb this evening, gotta laugh :)
Last edited by Neal on 18 Apr 2015, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
TUST MEMBER
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

I could have been at both wins if I didn't have a bad virus, & hadn't fallen heavily mid-week....it's been all I could manage to stay at work (2300 miles this week...)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Bit harsh there Neal, its a massive 3 in a row. :clap:
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

oh yeah hahahaha I will edit it
TUST MEMBER
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Brizzle lose a late equaliser to sh*t it to go top going into the last game :lol:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

A Realist wrote:Brizzle lose a late equaliser to sh*t it to go top going into the last game :lol:
They must be gutted, still it could have all over had Barnet got another so they live to fight another day.

Didn't realise though they liked coming to Torquay that much!
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

That's the first time in a long time I've enjoyed a Torquay game! Amazing what we can do when the pressure is off. We always seem to perform better when the sun shines and today was no different. The pitch was in terrible condition and so it was never going to be a classic but I thought we played well.

The first half was largely forgettable. Yeoman had our only two chances but couldn't convert either, while Lavercombe made one very good save from a close-range header. We defended well - Downes got his head on everything - but the midfield struggled at times, especially the wide men on a horrendous surface. However, in the second half we looked a lot more threatening going forward. Daniel and Ajala were more effective - the latter rounded the goalkeeper after a mistake by the defender, but then ran the ball out of play when it looked easier to score. We survived a few scares at the other end - Lavercombe produced another terrific save with his legs - before two quick-fire goals and two very different finishes!

The first was a fluke from Campbell. Ajala's flick-on put the sub through but he made a terrible connection and completely scuffed his shot. I immediately covered my eyes with my hands and started to curse his name but then there was a huge roar around me and when I looked back up, the ball was in the back of the net and Campbell was celebrating! I can only assume the goalkeeper made a complete hash of it. The second goal was worth the entrance fee alone. There looked little danger after we were awarded a free-kick about 35 yard from goal but Daniel took it on and absolutely leathered the dead ball into the top corner - cue wild celebrations with the players and fans. It was so good I'd put it above Young's strike against Woking and it topped off a cracking afternoon.

Lavercombe looked very assured in goal, made a couple of superb saves and looks really mature for his age. It's the first time I've seen him and I was very impressed. The defence were solid, especially Downes who was my MOTM. The wingers did well in the second half, while Harding and McQuilken were solid but unspectacular. Richards immediately slotted in when he came on and looked really sharp. Up front, Briscoe was ok but struggled to make much of an impact and Yeoman worked very hard, held the ball up and looks a stronger player. He probably deserved a goal but didn't make the most of his first-half chances. Campbell was incredibly lucky to score but he got himself in the position and that will boost his confidence after missing those sitters against Lincoln. Young must be in the dog house to fall down to fourth choice in the central midfield pecking order! Great effort from 128 Torquay fans - didn't spot any Russian billionaires in the crowd though!