Takeover 50/50 ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What a week behind, Scott. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

We are f*cked.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Richinns wrote:Brent Pilnick ‏@brentpilnick · 23 mins23 minutes ago
Takeover of #tufc has fallen through advisor Kelvin Thomas tells me #torquay @nonleagueshow

Old news! If the club were being totally open and honest with the fans, they would admit that that was the case a WEEK ago! See previous post! :@
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Beyond appalling that the fans get a definitive 'it's f*cked' a week late off a journo via a tweet. Nothing on the OS since mid April regarding a takeover. It is almost like they want the fans to become disinterested and disillusioned.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

.... and the response from the club to this news is ...

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 56959.aspx?

FFS! I have the utmost respect for Andy Candy and congratulate him on the success of Yellowfest, but the OS is seriously peeing me off with all the crap on there about a MUSIC festival. We are a FOOTBALL club, which is on the verge of COLLAPSE and all the club can bang on about is how great 10cc and Squeeze were!!!!!!

You REALLY couldn't make it up! :@
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I know Andy Candy reads these forums and will not comment on threads such as this but please do pass on our gratitude for the tremendous work in keeping the fans part of the community of the club over the last few weeks. There is simply no excuse for not updating the situation and it has just allowed rumours, bad feeling and fear to spread as a result.

Even if we are f*cked updating fans to show (which I am sure there is) there is every avenue being explored to find a solution is imperative.

All we know is the preferred bid has gone t1ts up (probably sometime ago) and you have told the TUST to back-off from negotiations and have not been in touch with them since - and the fact we know this is through the TUST themselves and also local journo's whilst the club remains covert and unresponsive. Shocking.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Richinns wrote:I know Andy Candy reads these forums and will not comment on threads such as this but please do pass on our gratitude for the tremendous work in keeping the fans part of the community of the club over the last few weeks. There is simply no excuse for not updating the situation and it has just allowed rumours, bad feeling and fear to spread as a result.

Even if we are f*cked updating fans to show (which I am sure there is) there is every avenue being explored to find a solution is imperative.

All we know is the preferred bid has gone t1ts up (probably sometime ago) and you have told the TUST to back-off from negotiations and have not been in touch with them since - and the fact we know this is through the TUST themselves and also local journo's whilst the club remains covert and unresponsive. Shocking.
Yep, exactly my reasons I started the other directors thread it's shocking and to think some of them want to continue in a new consortium - no thanks
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Richinns wrote:Beyond appalling that the fans get a definitive 'it's f*cked' a week late off a journo via a tweet. Nothing on the OS since mid April regarding a takeover. It is almost like they want the fans to become disinterested and disillusioned.
:goodpost: It is an insult to the fans. It appears that the board don't give a toss about the fans, who are terrified that we we about to lose the club we love. It feels like the Ryan Air approach to customer relations.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Further clarification here ...

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html?

So, as suggested on here and on the BTPIR forum over a week ago, we now have the OFFICIAL confirmation that the takeover by the "preferred" bidder has indeed collapsed and furthermore Kelvin Thomas has indeed ended his association with TUFC and returned to Florida, probably never to return! Easy money if you can get it, eh Kelvin!

Thomas hints at the reasons as to why the takeover failed to complete, without going into detail, but cites a "material change in circumstances" in the case of the bidder. Could it just be the result of the Southern League Play Off Final, I wonder?????

So, we are now left with what remains of the Board, left "holding the baby" ( all 4 of them?) and desperately trying to seek further investment or indeed move the club on to new owners. Unfortunately the time wasted, by the time wasters who were behind the initial "preferred" bid could prove extremely costly to the football club, it's future survival and even if it survives what sort of shape it will be left in come August.

Great job Kelvin Thomas, I should erase any connection you ever had with Torquay United Football Club from your CV, if I was you - but hey, you've no doubt banked a (considerable) few more dollars .... so job done!

Thea, being the kind lady that she is, thanks Kevin for all his hard work (?) and is looking forward to seeing us play Tiverton next season .... Oh dear, has anyone told her that we will probably be playing them home and away in the League too at this rate!
Last edited by CP Gull on 15 May 2015, 17:14, edited 2 times in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It costs £2 a month for TUST membership, with the news that some refused to accept now finally being confirmed, it, as has been said by some could be down to the fans now to save the club, it up to us, join the TUST now, it's over to each and everyone of us.
Formerly known as forevertufc
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

BayGull wrote: Passionate maybe .. but would the rest of the board understand as his voice reaches the higher octaves, and would the glazing cope!! I guess he would be on the same pitch level as you Mr Brehaut (in the choir)!!

But then we have the Brummie undertaker to bring them all back down to earth!
The more you drone on about him the more I'm convinced he's pumped your missus.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

forevertufc wrote:It costs £2 a month for TUST membership, with the news that some refused to accept now finally being confirmed, it, as has been said by some could be down to the fans now to save the club, it up to us, join the TUST now, it's over to each and everyone of us.

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

CP Gull wrote:Further clarification here ...

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html?

So, as suggested on here and on the BTPIR forum over a week ago, we now have the OFFICIAL confirmation that the takeover by the "preferred" bidder has indeed collapsed and furthermore Kelvin Thomas has indeed ended his association with TUFC and returned to Florida, probably never to return! Easy money if you can get it, eh Kelvin!

Thomas hints at the reasons as to why the takeover failed to complete, without going into detail, but cites a "material change in circumstances" in the case of the bidder. Could it just be the result of the Southern League Play Off Final, I wonder?????

So, we are now left with what remains of the Board, left "holding the baby" ( all 4 of them?) and desperately trying to seek further investment or indeed move the club on to new owners. Unfortunately the time wasted, by the time wasters who were behind the initial "preferred" bid could prove extremely costly to the football club, it's future survival and even if it survives what sort of shape it will be left in come August.

Great job Kelvin Thomas, I should erase any connection you ever had with Torquay United Football Club from your CV, if I was you - but hey, you've no doubt banked a (considerable) few more dollars .... so job done!

Thea, being the kind lady that she is, thanks Kevin for all his hard work (?) and is looking forward to seeing us play Tiverton next season .... Oh dear, has anyone told her that we will probably be playing them home and away in the League too at this rate!
Bit harsh on Kelvin, CP Gull. In his own words, "The role I undertook was always a short term one with an agreed stop date which has passed, with the most important aspect ensuring that Thea was not continuing to fund the club moving forward, which we were able to achieve."

Big round of applause for Kelvin Thomas. What an incredible achievement.

KT: "Erm, Thea, you need to stop giving the club your money."

TB: "I never thought of that. Genius. How much will that pearl of wisdom cost me?"

KT: "£100k."

TB: "Bargain! Give Mickey Mouse my regards."

Quite frankly, I would be embarrassed to pocket that money if I was Kelvin Thomas. He has FAILED what he was paid to do. He was brought in to find a buyer and that hasn't happened. I only hope the speculated figure above is totally inaccurate and was dependent on whether the takeover was completed. Now he's buggered off back to Disneyland and left us in a worse position than when he arrived.

Apparently, this deal had collapsed or was on the verge of collapsing last week. So why has it taken until now for this information to be made public? As of last night, the TUST hasn't heard anything from the club. Surely, as soon as Kelvin/Thea realised that this deal was in danger of not being completed, they should have been on the phone to Michael and released a statement. Time is of the essence and they have wasted weeks and months which puts the TUST and Steve Breed group at a huge disadvantage with the Conference deadline looming.

Rather worringly, Thea has chucked £200k into the club since stepping down as chairman two months ago. That's an obscene amount of money in such a short space of time and means we're losing well over £3k a day! I appreciate everything she has done but the less I say about the below quote the better!

"Whilst it hasn’t been great news about this possible deal I hope there will be others and it is good to see yesterday that preseason plans are well under way with the announcement of the Tiverton fixture."
StretfordGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by StretfordGull »

I signed up for the TUST today. It's £2 a month that we can all afford. I was only the 288th member, which is very surprising.
Even if nothing comes of it, it's still only £2 per month. Worth a go surely.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

tommyg wrote: Bit harsh on Kelvin, CP Gull. In his own words, "The role I undertook was always a short term one with an agreed stop date which has passed, with the most important aspect ensuring that Thea was not continuing to fund the club moving forward, which we were able to achieve."

Big round of applause for Kelvin Thomas. What an incredible achievement.

KT: "Erm, Thea, you need to stop giving the club your money."

TB: "I never thought of that. Genius. How much will that pearl of wisdom cost me?"

KT: "£100k."

TB: "Bargain! Give Mickey Mouse my regards."

Quite frankly, I would be embarrassed to pocket that money if I was Kelvin Thomas. He has FAILED what he was paid to do. He was brought in to find a buyer and that hasn't happened. I only hope the speculated figure above is totally inaccurate and was dependent on whether the takeover was completed. Now he's buggered off back to Disneyland and left us in a worse position than when he arrived.

Apparently, this deal had collapsed or was on the verge of collapsing last week. So why has it taken until now for this information to be made public? As of last night, the TUST hasn't heard anything from the club. Surely, as soon as Kelvin/Thea realised that this deal was in danger of not being completed, they should have been on the phone to Michael and released a statement. Time is of the essence and they have wasted weeks and months which puts the TUST and Steve Breed group at a huge disadvantage with the Conference deadline looming.

Rather worringly, Thea has chucked £200k into the club since stepping down as chairman two months ago. That's an obscene amount of money in such a short space of time and means we're losing well over £3k a day! I appreciate everything she has done but the less I say about the below quote the better!

"Whilst it hasn’t been great news about this possible deal I hope there will be others and it is good to see yesterday that preseason plans are well under way with the announcement of the Tiverton fixture."
To me, all this begs the question. If others are interested, and we know they are, but were not sourced by Thomas, do you honestly believe they have been treated with the proper accord. I would hazard a guess he is on a % to find new owners and because he didn't then maybe other parties are being unduly frustrated in their efforts?