Something for the club to improve on

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Something for the club to improve on

Post by Dave »

Not sure if this thread is in the right place or worthy of it's own thread, but hey, going with it anyway. Just reading through the South Devon League forum and came across this thread.

http://pub16.bravenet.com/forum/static/ ... 1&cmd=show

Have to say I totally agree with the sentiment expressed there, I have used no 10's a few times over the seasons, last time was early last season home to Aldershot, have to say the standard of food and lack of choice was appalling, and certainly I will not use it again with out changes being made, for me no10's is an asset capable of bringing in vital funds to the club, with the Edwards consortium expected (hopefully) taking control of the club early next week, this is one issue I hope they can address as soon as possible.

And bring this underused and quite frankly, what's become a joke of a restaurant back to it's former glory.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Oh dear, Forever - you may have just unleashed the longest thread on record !! Would you believe that there is absolutely nothing on the official TUFC website about the Football Conference annual meeting, even though it was such an important meeting affecting where the club would end up next season?
Something for the club to improve on - C O M M U N I C A T I O N ! ! !
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Communication communication communication!

Got to be honest, I have joined the TUST and it's not their fault but I starting to get serious TUFC compassion fatigue.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You know what Tommo, I hadn't thought of this thread like that, was trying come up with a thread tittle where, I didn't come across as purely club bashing. My focus was meant to be on no10's, it's disappointing as a fan to see the club have persuaded the S-D-L to use our facilities, created a chance for an on-going and potential money spinning relationship and possibly blown it, by charging to much for below standard food and beer.

With media speculation growing that the Edwards led local consortium will complete early next week, I have a feeling that should/once this happens things like communication will improve ten fold overnight. ;-)

However if people want to use this thread to write about what they think is good, or needs improving about the club, feel free, both the old and the likely new board read the forums.

Not in any way trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs here, I'm sure there are people on the consortium who know exactly what needs to be done, but personally thought for a long time no10's should be open seven days a week, 40 carverys say plus drinks could bring not far off £1,000 a day add special functions, the person responsible for over seeing needs to know who the competitors are and what there prices and standards are like.

Us locals will know the Toby carvery is now open in the old Penn Inn pub Newton Abbot, and the Hare/Hounds is popular, find a gap between these two for no10's to slot in, perhaps.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

The problem is the British culture,people only go out in the evenings in the summer or perhaps a birthday/anniversary celabration in the winter with the exception of weekends so to open No 10 24/7 for food would be a very good way of loosing money.Here in France as you know they have 2hour lunch so all the cafe/bistro/restaurants a busy,even when the food is very average,all the workers take lunch so it works,lunchtimes around plainmoor and winter evenings would be very quiet.Still it should produce a quantity meal for weekends and events.I am disappointed that this is another area of reduced quality .Now football/management/boardroom and food.anything else?.
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

I agree about No 10/Boots & Laces .. whatever name it goes under!
Twice last season I went to eat there with an elderly friend and the food was dire!
It used to be good when Kevin (Hill?) the big chef ran it years ago - but has not been since.

Another thing I raised a while back (Mr Candy did reply I think), is the lack of parking for Blue Badge holders.
I am unable to walk far these days, but to try and park near the ground is nigh on impossible unless I arrive very early and then sit around in the car.
Surely some spaces for disabled persons could be arranged in conjunction with the school parking next door?
Please!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totally agree Frenchgull, was not advocating that no10's is opened seven days week overnight purely for carverys, I think that's something that the club would have to work towards, requiring good promotion and p/r, might need it's own website. Owing to the lack of outside seating areas possibly would not work in the summer, certainly would try and open it across the weekends to start with.

I know I've mentioned them, but one click on their website, 5 seconds to read the headings can give anyone a raft of ideas how to increase the turnover of no10's alone, and with good cost control it's profitability as well, the possibilities of what it could used for are endless.

http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/midweek-ro ... tAodMjQAqQ
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

A friend of mine told me yesterday that he had asked the club about the costs etc of his grandson being a mascot for a day. They took his number but nobody ever got back to him.

Pathetic.

Simple customer service, its not rocket science to make every supporter feel valued. Do that and the word will spread and Torquay Utd will finally have a good name in the area.

The club has to get away from the attitude of taking it's supporters for granted.

Good results on the field obviously changes peoples mood but so many times last season it was a chore going to Plainmoor and not a pleasure.

Lets hope that can be turned around !