Consortium update

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Delighted doesn't do it justice, really pleased, quiet emotinoal in fact, really hope Alex Rowes involved. Surely now we can ask ourselves, not what can our club do for us but what can we do for our club! (Didn't the last bloke to say that get his head blown off?)

One question, where does this deal leave wild Bill fcuk up?
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

off on a cruise........
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
SealeHayne23
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Young

Post by SealeHayne23 »

Fcuk up indeed Mr Phillips sent out letters over 2 weeks ago to all academy players saying the club would be continuing with a cat 3 academy and now we find there scraping it altogether, very poor to get all those kids/parents hopes up that everything was going to continue as normal
Dave_Pougher wrote:Delighted doesn't do it justice, really pleased, quiet emotinoal in fact, really hope Alex Rowes involved. Surely now we can ask ourselves, not what can our club do for us but what can we do for our club! (Didn't the last bloke to say that get his head blown off?)

One question, where does this deal leave wild Bill fcuk up?
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Great news. IF CH remains in charge I hope ALL fans will give him a chance.

Added in 2 minutes 30 seconds:
And this is the exact spirit we all should follow:

"We know it's not going to be an easy road, but we didn't expect it to be. But the harder the road is, the harder we will work."
TUST MEMBER
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Great news, congratulations to Dean, Steve and all involved. Seale Hayne, do you have a son in the academy ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
SealeHayne23
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Young

Post by SealeHayne23 »

forevertufc wrote:Great news, congratulations to Dean, Steve and all involved. Seale Hayne, do you have a son in the academy ?
No comment :whistle:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Now the deals done, who is actually involved
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

SealeHayne23 wrote: No comment :whistle:
Well if you do send me a private message, and reply with some contact details that might of interest to you.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

lucy6lucy wrote:Now that the deal is done, who is actually involved?
Fixed it for you.. :~D
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

You will see l am new to this Forum but have a large amount of info re going forward
The Academy will be closed due to insufficient funds
HopeGloryGulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Sharpe

Post by HopeGloryGulls »

I've brought 3 season tickets so we're on 60 now lol
Still can't hear the rovers sing, can't hear the rover sing we'll send on our own we'll sing on our oooowwwnn. We're torquay United we'll sing on our own!
COYY!!
I have good feeling now,....... Maybe it's just the bays windfall cider talking.... But I still got a good feeling!
Now just need Hargreaves to leave
picklepot
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Roy Mcfarland

Post by picklepot »

I believe It is the entire academy which is closing down, including the youth team so the current apprentices will also be released,

The consortium who are taking over have to be aplauded but you do have to ask yourself what kind of a person this Bill Philips is when he sends out a letter promising that the academy will continue when he basically had no right to do so.

Forevertufc, I am trying to contact you for advice but am unable to do so, would it be possible for you to pm me. Thanks
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

[quote="Neal"]Great news. IF CH remains in charge I hope ALL fans will give him a chance.

I second that. Even if, at some stage during the season, we go through a run of poor form, the manager and players will need to know that supporters are behind them. Otherwise, why should they bother? I know many fans can be impatient, but this is a campaign over several months, and they will need all our support.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

picklepot wrote:I believe It is the entire academy which is closing down, including the youth team so the current apprentices will also be released,

The consortium who are taking over have to be aplauded but you do have to ask yourself what kind of a person this Bill Philips is when he sends out a letter promising that the academy will continue when he basically had no right to do so.

Forevertufc, I am trying to contact you for advice but am unable to do so, would it be possible for you to pm me. Thanks
If Bill had accepted the right and best candidate the kids would not have been kicked out of the programme
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

The Youth Academy if it is close has been closed by the crass stupidity of the F.A. They have contact with massive amounts thanks to Television rights but stop Academy support at League status level. The F A. want to take on FIFA but perhaps they also ought to consider how ineffective they are.

I don't blame the consortium whatever happens. They have already been very brave. They have to protect the club. The FA need to protect football at all levels and they are failing to do so.