Potential Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Someone like this lad, Jordan Burrow a bustling young Centre Forward would be a good (and realistic) signing for us I think. He scored 10 goals in the Conference for Lincoln last season and is still young enough to have the potential to go on to bigger and better things. He has seemingly agreed terms with a National League side today and has had his contract with Lincoln City mutually cancelled. Given where he was last season, I would imagine Paul Cox knows all about him .... so, could it be us?

http://www.redimps.co.uk/news/article/b ... 05764.aspx?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

CP Gull wrote:Someone like this lad, Jordan Burrow a bustling young Centre Forward would be a good (and realistic) signing for us I think. He scored 10 goals in the Conference for Lincoln last season and is still young enough to have the potential to go on to bigger and better things. He has seemingly agreed terms with a National League side today and has had his contract with Lincoln City mutually cancelled. Given where he was last season, I would imagine Paul Cox knows all about him .... so, could it be us?

22 and already played for 5 clubs. The sort of young lad that been wandering around the football pyramid and needs somewhere to call home, I wouldn't be unhappy if it is us he has signed for.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I think he'd want a bit more money than we could give, I'd take him if we could get him though! 10 goals isn't bad for a young midfielder, not bad at all.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

RussianGull wrote:I think he'd want a bit more money than we could give, I'd take him if we could get him though! 10 goals isn't bad for a young midfielder, not bad at all.
He is a forward

Added in 2 minutes 10 seconds:
CP Gull wrote:Someone like this lad, Jordan Burrow a bustling young Centre Forward would be a good (and realistic) signing for us I think. He scored 10 goals in the Conference for Lincoln last season and is still young enough to have the potential to go on to bigger and better things. He has seemingly agreed terms with a National League side today and has had his contract with Lincoln City mutually cancelled. Given where he was last season, I would imagine Paul Cox knows all about him .... so, could it be us?

This does seem all to fit and is very much a Cox type of player. It seems likely to me
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Too late and clearly never coming as Burrow has signed for FC Halifax.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

nickbrod wrote:Too late and clearly never coming as Burrow has signed for FC Halifax.

Oh well, I had high hopes for that one - was only ever pure guesswork on my part - but I felt that he was someone that might have been of interest to Paul Cox, and given who he has signed for (FC Halifax) I would imagine he might have fitted into our playing budget too.

Hopefully, we will find out soon enough just who Paul Cox is actually talking to ... with the start of pre season training less than a week away now and just nine players on the books! No pressure then, Paul!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Season does seem to be coming fast and we don't have (m)any rumoured players yet..
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

In Cox/Edwards I trust

:scarf: :rules:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

"In Cox I trust" just doesn't sound like something I want to say out loud - especially being (happily) married, with a sprog.

:-D :devil:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Good job his first name isn't Isaac. we'd be have this; in Isaac Cox we trust.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

:lol:
Scott Brehaut wrote:"In Cox I trust" just doesn't sound like something I want to say out loud - especially being (happily) married, with a sprog.

:-D :devil:
:lol:
You know what I meant
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I'm just waiting for the accidental misspelling of 'thrust'...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
gulls1989
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by gulls1989 »

Just a thought...

DJ Campbell was playing for free for Maidenhead in Conference South towards the end of last season. Not sure on his current situation, whether he's staying at Maidenhead or looking for something new. He started off in non-league so he's no stranger to it and at 33 he could still have something to offer.

Considering he played for free last season he may not be worried about a small wage.

Like I said, just a thought.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

He was playing for free for Maidenhead because his love for football (and reputation) took a dive when he was charged with match-fixing (charge was eventually dropped). He took a break and eventually started playing for Maidenhead because they were managed by Drax Hippolyte, who was his manager at Yeading before he got his big break at Brentford. He gave an interview to the BBC explaining his state of mind, and basically this was just a way for him to go back to enjoying playing football.

Unless we move to London and appoint his mentor as manager, he's not going to play here for free. And if he does decide to move back into full time football, we're not going to be his best option given our finances and location.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats