Meeting Place For Aldershot

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Meeting Place For Aldershot

Post by Southampton Gull »

The La Fontaine public house.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&wra ... CBsQngIwAA

Always a good place prior to the game.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Last two times Ive been theres been a fair few at the pub at the bottom of the hill called Crimea. Always been welcoming with a beer garden outside aswell.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Where do you guys park? Usually, we go in the multi-storey, but with the guys I go with, it's not going to be practical for us to walk from that car park to the pub, then up that bloody hill to the away end entrance. Any helpful suggestions?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

ferrarilover wrote:Where do you guys park? Usually, we go in the multi-storey, but with the guys I go with, it's not going to be practical for us to walk from that car park to the pub, then up that bloody hill to the away end entrance. Any helpful suggestions?

Matt.
Last time I went for the multi-story, but the time prior to that (the epic 3-0 beasting we gave them early doors in the bsp) I managed to get a space in the single level car park immediately next door to the ground. Could be worth a shout.

Other than that, I did once do a weeks work experience a long time o.k at a place up the top of said hill. I'm almost certain there is plenty of on-street parking up around there if you get there early and gamble on there being some available.

Last season I met people in the Crimea, but that was not knowing we had to walk up that hill to get in. Maybe la Fontaine is the answer
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

ferrarilover wrote:Where do you guys park? Usually, we go in the multi-storey, but with the guys I go with, it's not going to be practical for us to walk from that car park to the pub, then up that bloody hill to the away end entrance. Any helpful suggestions?

Matt.

Last season my mate drove. We parked on the hill the away end entrance is on. We did arrive fairly early though...
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

Daft thing is I working in Grimshot today and Monday, but the one day I had booked to work up here, I have been called back to Southampton for a meeting I don't want to be at :(

I have to agree with Alex, the Crimea is a much better pub.
SG La Fontaine has a bit of a reputation........... which is why you probably want to go there LOL

If you park in the multi storey then you have to walk past the Crimea to get to the ground anyway.
I would suggest parking up on the hill by the away end (just past La Fontaine). It does mean a bit of a walk down to the Crimea, but a very short walk after the final whistle.

Although I have not yet seen any trouble between Aldershot v Torquay, if you park in the multi storey you do run the risk of walking through the home fans........

See you all on Tuesday night.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Thanks for relies all, we'll take a look.

Matt.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Hey Guys

first of all, an apology - it had been my intention to say hi to you all and introduce myself at the Cheltenham game, but somehow i didn't - just got a beer, sat down to enjoy and before i knew it, it was time to head to the match.

i'm fully intending to get to aldershot in good time to have a pint (do i assume we'll be heading for the Crimea now ??), although i'm going to be leaving home later than i'd hoped to get to the game (long story), but all being well, i'll have time for one at least.

i'm sure i've seen you all at games many times, but would be nice to put some names to faces, so hopefully, see you all on Tuesday. have a safe journey everyone.

cheers for now.

Brady.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Isn't Brady nice?

Jeff, just quickly, what a game that was, the 3-0 you mentioned. Could have been almost any number and the Shots were lucky to get 0, here's hoping (and sort of expecting) for a similar outcome on Tuesday.

Matt.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Heard and seen more trouble in the Crimea over the years than La Fontaine but whatever the scared little rabbits want is fine by me, so the Crimea it is and rollocks to the long walk up that bloody hill.

See you there Matt.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

ferrarilover wrote:Isn't Brady nice?

Matt.

nah, you just don't know me yet, matt !! :devil:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Love hants_red
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Alex Rusell

Post by Love hants_red »

The Crimea has just been voted Aldershot pub of the year! I'd still cross the street to avoid though!

I'll skip plans to meet up with then Dave. Maybe next season if Aldershot don't get relegated.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

Southampton Gull wrote:Heard and seen more trouble in the Crimea over the years than La Fontaine but whatever the scared little rabbits want is fine by me, so the Crimea it is and rollocks to the long walk up that bloody hill.

See you there Matt.
The Crimea changed hands nearly 2 years ago a new the manager has made it a really nice pub. Of all the pubs in Aldershot, this is the least of the ones to avoid.

As for scared......... I might be scared but I would never run, you know that.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Awayday wrote:
As for scared......... I might be scared but I would never run, you know that.
Only because, like me, you are physically unable to....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

If we're there sufficiently early Dave, I will indeed see you there. I'm too young to remember football violence, so I really am rather hoping you can start a fight pre-match :devil:

Brady, I can't believe you're that bad, you look like you live at home with your Sainted mother