Dean Edwards

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Jerry wrote: Yes everybody knows the Council own the land but it is also common knowledge that they are open to selling it for a relatively cheap sum.

The community asset thing does NOT give the trust first option to buy anything as far as I am aware. It just means that they have to be informed if the land is put up for sale and given 6 months to put their own bid together. The seller doesn't then have to accept their bid and can choose to sell to whoever they want.
:goodpost:

Saves me from replying to Mushroom.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote: I'm a very approachable person, I like having a laugh and joke, sharing opinions, I have the ability to change my opinion when a valid point is made, and the realization strikes, I have it wrong. The bit highlighted in blue just proves to anyone reading this, you simply do not have the first clue what your talking about.

Firstly, as pointed out by Danny, Dan Lavercombe's positing for that free kick was as bad as I've seen, if he'd been any closer to the far post he would have been touching it, all the Bromley player had to do was get kick over the wall, on target and it was in all day long.

Secondly. You would have advised him to get someone to drop back on the line as the kick was taken Really ? are you actually being serious ?
only someone with the mind of mad man would do that.

What the consequence of doing that ? yes, exactly, you would play every single Bromley player on side from the taken free kick, giving them the opportunity to flood the box, that is why, if you could get close enough, you would hear a properly coached keeper, if a free kick was say 18 yards out, shouting at his defenders prior to kick taken "HOLD 18" reminding the defenders to hold the defensive line.

I agree with your second paragraph.
When your in a professional club you get a person who you trust, to watch the opposition or do it yourself,I have done this for a Conference club, you are then aware what is going to happen in a game. If you know that the free kick against you is going to be a bit special you take special steps to deal with it. I would have not been in the game this long if I did not know what I was on about. Coaching now a days is putting pen to paper. The free-kick Dan had to deal with was special and you knew as soon as they had it there was a big problem. The wall was so wide and just outside the six yard box with their players in it Dan could not see I was on the opposite side to you and yes just before it was kicked Dan bent over to try and see the ball, the Bromley players were blocking his vision, if you were a keeper you would understand. A player is then close enough to drop back to the goal line just before the referee blows his whistle.
Don't ever stick to a coaching manual as you learn in football from every game and the the administrators then put it in a book. I was at Bristol Citys first game they played 4-4-2 in 1960 ish everybody thought Peter Doherty the manager was mad but now most sides play it but now the game is changing again.

Did you think that the formation should have been changed after twenty minutes yesterday or would you have left it the same. It's easy to watch a game and make comments as I do but when your in a dugout making decisions it's a different situation as you tend to wait a while to change things as it's difficult making changes in front of a 1000 people I'm afraid yesterday Ramshaw proved why he is an assistant. Dean, I just do not know what he was doing there.

There are a couple of managers in the area who would do a good job for Torquay and they both have years of experience at this level. SG not me!
The best keepers are naturals and don't need coaching they need little bits of pinching other keepers brains, I could tell both keepers a good way to have a good chance of saving penalties which works, Howard Radford of Bristol Rover taught me that and Harold Young of Newport County taught him and thats not in the coaching manual. I think Howard is still alive living in Chudley.
Oh and my 16 year old grandson is a keeper playing mens football at a good standard and our generation played at 15 and a lot more keepers made the grade then and were hardened up by the time they were 18.
Not many make the grade under the new system.
Last edited by arcadia on 20 Sep 2015, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Arcadia, I'm not going to turn this into a tit for tat willy waving exercise, seriously boring for all concerned, you've given your opinion, the highlights will be out soon, let people who haven't seen it judge for them selves, in my view it was not a special free-kick, it was a tap in. And please stop trying to convince people you are right suggest putting someone on the goal line from a direct free-kick is a really good professional idea.

No I would not have changed the formation after 20 minutes, when you've got simple and limited footballers , you play a simple and limited formation, we'd never have been playing with wing backs, it only works when you have right players, we do not.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I dont know any ins and outs. Only thing I do know is what I saw. And Edwards is out of his depth as a manager. Paul Ramshaw should have been given FULL control on Saturday, he would have either failed or succeeded. You could see by the body language all was not well from the start.

I thank Dean and Steve for saving the club, of couse we all we do. BUT..... I don't want this to turn into a Richard Hancox situation. And I really hope it isn't already. But Im getting concerned it "might" be. Hopefully I will be proved wrong in the next couple of weeks. I would take a new manager who has had some experience at a lower level, maybe Steve Tully. But he might think he has a better chance with Truro now. I am not suggesting that it should be him but someone like him, BUT NOT Edwards who has no experience, and to be honest I don't think the fans will accept him anyway.
TUST MEMBER
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

I agree with you that one of the local managers could do the job!
I know that two of them have contacts at pro clubs.
Last edited by arcadia on 20 Sep 2015, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Contacts, bring players in, know the right players and where they are etc, etc, not aimed at the above post, but, no, they couldn't.
Formerly known as forevertufc
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

DE has resigned taking severance from Club, money it needs elsewhere
So much for the love of the Club
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think his position has become untenable anyway.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

The local Conference managers would know the right players to survive in this league as they know the players remember we had no money an hour ago for a manager. If this now spare money to bring in someone thats a different situation.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Where is the proof of this?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Only a manager with experience and good contacts is going to get us out of this mess. It's time you just stopped embarrassing yourself in a futile attempt to convince people you're right ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
torquayfan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by torquayfan »

mushroom wrote:DE has resigned taking severance from Club, money it needs elsewhere
So much for the love of the Club

What's your proof of this?
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Bleeper wrote:Where is the proof of this?
Well when it is announced you can thank me for the heads up
torquayfan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by torquayfan »

You still aren't answering the question.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

If this is true then I think Dean and the board have made the right decision. Gives us the chance to get a decent manager at this level in... And on a contract this time..