Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

mushroom wrote:Well if the Club does not attract a new buyer by end of October it is finished

Even after the last 2 poor gates we are still averaging above the 1800 break-even figure so unless some of the departing directors have removed their "investment" or there are some new and unexpected expenses I don't see how this could be the case.

The directors may well want their money back eventually but I can't see them demanding it back immediately and dooming the club - they are all supporters after all.

And if the former employees cases end up in court I wouldn't have thought it would be as soon as October, we all know how slowly the legal system works.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

All Directors who have left have taken their investment when investment was made.
DE will receive Pay Off where from ?

Added in 1 minute 22 seconds:
Bleeper wrote: If this really was the case, then I'm sure the board would have accepted the interest from PC wealthy friend.
As with B Phillips the Board would accept anybody
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

mushroom wrote:All Directors who have left have taken their investment when investment was made.
DE will receive Pay Off where from ?

Added in 1 minute 22 seconds: As with B Phillips the Board would accept anybody
Is Deano has resigned as stated then there won't be a pay off.
username2
New Signing
New Signing

Post by username2 »

mushroom wrote:All Directors who have left have taken their investment when investment was made.
What sort of sentence is this? I can't work out what it means!

Are you still at school, mushroom? ;-)
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Yes of course silly me
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Gullscorer wrote:Dean Edwards has resigned: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34312098
Keep up mate , it was on the official site last night! ;-)
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

username2 wrote: What sort of sentence is this? I can't work out what it means!

Are you still at school, mushroom? ;-)
If they made an investment they took back on leaving is that easier to digest
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Surely that is a loan not an investment. The previous consortium got nothing back if they left before 5 years of the takeover - unless I am mistaken.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

Jerry wrote: Norman Smurthwaite has been suggested elsewhere.

Paul Cox at Port Vale on Saturday
Oliver
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Spiess

Post by Oliver »

Cox has always been about the money in all his previous clubs! Look at his record. At Eastwood Town he did well with a club that suddenly found a suger daddy, ie a friend of Cox's who put all the money in, but left when Cox did...Eastwood Town went under less than two seasons later....at Mansfield Town he was given money to get out of the Conference and spent big doing so.....with a lot of the old Eastwood players, but ultimately failed at Mansfield when he tried to use those same players in the Football League.
Cox probably came across as a hard working manager, but he would never ever have stayed at Torquay whilst under the pressures he was. Also, it is well know he was desperate to get back into the game after leaving Mansfield, and in fact had applied and was turned down for such jobs as Ilkeston FC and other Non-league clubs. Fact is he did not commit to any sort of contract which suggests, he would have moved on, maybe closer to home, at the first sign of any trouble!.....or at the first sign of another job.

Ramshaw with respect is not a Football League standard coach or anything near! His Wikipedia profile was written by himself and contains many errr untruths as to his experience.

With respect to TUFC you will be better off without them....
Last edited by Oliver on 21 Sep 2015, 13:32, edited 5 times in total.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by wbw »

Jerry wrote: Who do you think paid for the stands then?

I can assure you it wasn't the council.

The council owns the land the buildings are owned by the football club.
Really useful that!! Bit awkward using stands as an asset when they are built on someone else's land!!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Kit_robin wrote: Keep up mate , it was on the official site last night! ;-)
Never doubted the O.S., but if the BBC says something, it really must be true.. ;-)
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

It's not a case of "using them as an asset", they are an asset on the balance sheet. This is how accountancy works.

And we have a long-term lease for the land.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by wbw »

Neither of which are much use if there is a need to raise finance.

In the present climate, a lending institution is not going to place a great deal of reliance on a stand as security (especially on leased land).

The only way forward is to own the ground.

It might be how accountancy works, but this is real life not an archaic way of recording.