Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

i
wbw wrote:And TUST's financial muscle to make a sensible bid is.............................
At the moment small. But with 6 months notice, and a call to the public that it's us or you, SORRY, I meant them, then I imagine they could raise it in time.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Kit_robin wrote:i At the moment small. But with 6 months notice, and a call to the public that it's us or you, SORRY, I meant them, then I imagine they could raise it in time.

They won't, the greater public doesn't give a toss. TUST has about £15k after months of publicity regarding the future of the club, it nearly going out of business in the summer and TUST talking about buying the club as recently as Spring. Despite all this club threatening trouble and publicity, they've still raised only £15k, at this rate they'll have the money in 2024. Given all this, it'll absolutely impossible for TUST to raise another £135k from such an apathetic public, especially given the abstract nature of what is being attempted - the public will not care to learn the intricacies of why the supporters owning the freehold is important.

Unless Thea gets absolutely wankered one night, slips away from her financial advisers and posts a cheque under the door of TUST HQ it's not happening.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

A humble request to certain people (you know who you are):

Please avoid hurling offensive personal abuse at people simply because they post something you don't like. It ain't very nice. Better to offer a reasoned and cogent argument, which may help to enhance their education and even change their minds.

Furthermore, this would not only improve the quality of debate, but would raise the whole tone of the forum to a more mature and civilized level.

You know I'm right..

:na:
Last edited by Gullscorer on 23 Sep 2015, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Gullscorer wrote:A humble request to certain people (you know who you are):

Please avoid hurling offensive personal abuse at people simply because they post something you don't like. It ain't very nice. Better to offer a reasoned and cogent argument, which may help to better their education and even change their minds.

Furthermore, this would not only improve the quality of debate, but would raise the whole tone of the forum to a more mature and civilized level.

You know I'm right..

:na:
For Gulls fans disagreeing with each other I completely agree with you. For the representatives of people who are not Gulls fans and just want to profit out of the club's problems (more than one has joined this site in the past week), then they deserve all the abuse that we can hurt at them in my mind. This is a fans' forum, not a property developer jackal's forum.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Nope, I disagree. The principle I expound is a universal one, and applies to all, without exception.

Even feminists.. :)
Georg

Post by Georg »

Paul Cox wasnt here as a stalking horse for the ground or anything like that. He was just here to manage the team.

I apprecaite that clarity hasnt always been good in recent months but some people on here are far too happy to let there minds run wild.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Whatever the reasons behind it, Paul Cox is no longer our manager and Dean Edwards is no longer DoF.

What still remains is a football club struggling near the foot of the table, a young team of footballers clearly affected by the goings on off the pitch and desperate for some stability.
What also still remains is a Board who are doing all they can to ensure that we have a football club at the end of this season. Clearly, if the BBC article is correct, we will have a bit more money to attract a manager now that CH has been paid off, and we are saving a fair whack from the DoF role too.

I know it's easy for me to say this whilst sat miles away and with a stretch of water separating me from the majority of you, but the club needs us to not give up here.
I was contemplating pulling my money that I am giving to the club etc, as it just seemed like a lost cause, and I'm struggling to get from one pay packet to the next (not all of us Channel Islanders are rich and paid well), as well as trying to save for a house, but I believe in this club and believe that the Board we have left are trying to do the right thing, so they have my support still and they have my money still - lets back them as they make probably the hardest decision they will have to make, simply because this next manager will make or break the club.

Until this club no longer exists, it will continue to get my support.

COYY!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

George wrote:
I apprecaite that clarity hasnt always been good in recent months but some people on here are far too happy to let there minds run wild.
Sometimes it takes an outsider to see the truth!

Added in 2 minutes 58 seconds:
SenorDingDong wrote:
They won't, the greater public doesn't give a toss. TUST has about £15k after months of publicity regarding the future of the club, it nearly going out of business in the summer and TUST talking about buying the club as recently as Spring. Despite all this club threatening trouble and publicity, they've still raised only £15k, at this rate they'll have the money in 2024. Given all this, it'll absolutely impossible for TUST to raise another £135k from such an apathetic public, especially given the abstract nature of what is being attempted - the public will not care to learn the intricacies of why the supporters owning the freehold is important.

Unless Thea gets absolutely wankered one night, slips away from her financial advisers and posts a cheque under the door of TUST HQ it's not happening.

I think they would. Seems we are at a.mn impasse.

And by the way, TUST never got to the stage of raising money to buy the club, they were asked to step back to allow a deal to go through as they were about to pay supporters direct to do their full report. Just clearing up for inaccuracies there.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular

Post by SenorDingDong »

Kit_robin wrote:
I think they would. Seems we are at a.mn impasse.

And by the way, TUST never got to the stage of raising money to buy the club, they were asked to step back to allow a deal to go through as they were about to pay supporters direct to do their full report. Just clearing up for inaccuracies there.
I never said that they were, I said they talked about doing so - which they did. Thank god they didn't though because it would be the current problems x100. The TUST's funds would have struggled to cover Hargreaves' pay off if the £1.5-2k p/w rumour is true, let alone run the club and all the other things that have creeped out of the woodwork. I speak as a TUST member but the freehold is a bridge too far, they should focus on things much more attainable.

If they could fund the wages of 1/2 decent quality conference players this season before moving on to more long term infrastructure ideas once the club has stabilised this season, it'd be a much better usage of their time. I'm not saying they should long term subsidise the club but we need to get through this season and there's no point pursuing pie in the sky ideas while the club is teetering on the edge in the short term.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

wbw wrote:And TUST's financial muscle to make a sensible bid is.............................
I do not believe for 1 minute it is their intention to buy just to stop some guy with a few bob buying all and turning ground into housing estate
Some of you guys on here need to open your eyes and smell the coffee
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

mushroom wrote: I do not believe for 1 minute it is their intention to buy just to stop some guy with a few bob buying all and turning ground into housing estate
Some of you guys on here need to open your eyes and smell the coffee
With the greatest respect Mushroom you are not exactly making yourself clear? Are you saying that you don't believe that TUST are planning to buy the ground just to stop somebody making some money .... or are you saying they are?

It would appear that the poster "wbw" is of the opinion that TUST could never raise the funds to buy the freehold - but then he would, wouldn't he ?..... IF he is someone (or represents someone) who wants to sell the ground off and build houses on it!
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular

Post by SenorDingDong »

CP Gull wrote: With the greatest respect Mushroom you are not exactly making yourself clear? Are you saying that you don't believe that TUST are planning to buy the ground just to stop somebody making some money .... or are you saying they are?

It would appear that the poster "wbw" is of the opinion that TUST could never raise the funds to buy the freehold - but then he would, wouldn't he ?..... IF he is someone (or represents someone) who wants to sell the ground off and build houses on it!
Makes two of us. Furthermore how are we supposed to smell said coffee when no one will even brew us a cup? Sharing is caring people.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

SenorDingDong wrote: Makes two of us. Furthermore how are we supposed to smell said coffee when no one will even brew us a cup? Sharing is caring people.
I believe they have protected or at least delayed any non genuine person from asset stripping and develop ground for non football reasons
They will never raise enough to buy the freehold but have protected the ground for the benefit of the community
The real challenges are within the Club not the freehold issue
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

mushroom wrote: I believe they have protected or at least delayed any non genuine person from asset stripping and develop ground for non football reasons
They will never raise enough to buy the freehold but have protected the ground for the benefit of the community
The real challenges are within the Club not the freehold issue
They (TUST) aren't able to "protect" the sale of the freehold - but they are in a position to delay it - ultimately, whether the TUST raise the necessary funds to purchase it, or not, my understanding is that the final decision lies with the freeholder I.e the council but even if the TUST raise sufficient funds I don't believe they ( the council) are under any obligation to sell it to them anyway?

Whilst I agree that there are indeed "real challenges within the club" I disagree that the "freehold issue" isn't going to play a significant part in the immediate future of the football club ..... my instinct tells me it may well have a big part to play!