Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

CP Gull wrote: They (TUST) aren't able to "protect" the sale of the freehold - but they are in a position to delay it - ultimately, whether the TUST raise the necessary funds to purchase it, or not, my understanding is that the final decision lies with the freeholder I.e the council but even if the TUST raise sufficient funds I don't believe they ( the council) are under any obligation to sell it to them anyway?

Whilst I agree that there are indeed "real challenges within the club" I disagree that the "freehold issue" isn't going to play a significant part in the immediate future of the football club ..... my instinct tells me it may well have a big part to play!

Well my intelligence has been the current issues not the may or may not result re the freehold
If there is no football club the whole subject is academic
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

mushroom wrote:

Well my intelligence has been the current issues not the may or may not result re the freehold
If there is no football club the whole subject is academic
OK, fair enough mushroom - but given that you have been so critical of the way things are currently being run ... what do you believe is the answer? I think we all agree that the best scenario is some serious new investment (even the existing Board would agree with that!) but finding it is difficult ...... without attracting the interest of prospectors who are only interested in simply acquiring the freehold and killing the club off.

It's all very well criticising the way that the current owners are dealing with things but without further investment (as alluded to by Dean Edwards) you would surely have to agree that they are in a extremely difficult situation!
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

CP Gull wrote: OK, fair enough mushroom - but given that you have been so critical of the way things are currently being run ... what do you believe is the answer? I think we all agree that the best scenario is some serious new investment (even the existing Board would agree with that!) but finding it is difficult ...... without attracting the interest of prospectors who are only interested in simply acquiring the freehold and killing the club off.

It's all very well criticising the way that the current owners are dealing with things but without further investment (as alluded to by Dean Edwards) you would surely have to agree that they are in a extremely difficult situation!
Although we have to applaud the current Board intentions and love of the Club l understand they do not have the required funds to get us past October
There are not genuine people queuing up with the required funds to acquire or indeed invest
If the Club come out and be honest with the situation then we have a choice make a donation to try and save our Club or lock up
I was aware of the consortium who should of purchased the Club but understand that avenue has know become a cul de sac l suspect due to handling of the Paul Cox situation which is a massive blow
The only option now is honesty and hopefully our desire to invest or donate
Their is no reason we could not follow the Wimbledon model if ego's are left in the locker and common sense prevails
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Ok mushroom, like no doubt thousands of others I share your concern .... but to quote you ....

"There are NOT genuine people queuing up with the required funds to acquire or indeed invest"

Is that your opinion? If it is, then I suspect that there are more than a few fans of TUFC who may have misread who you are and what your intentions are!

I will never ask you to reveal your identity, that is your right, but I think it's fair to say that some on here (and elsewhere) are very confused as to your motives - you are clearly very close to recent events - but for all your revelations, with the greatest respect, we all know that things are pretty dire at TUFC. We DO know that we have very little money - we wish we had more - we would have liked to have kept Paul Cox (I think I can speak for the majority of fans here) but what exactly are we going to pay him with? Steve Breed (CEO) has gone on re ord many times as saying he will NOT bankrupt the club .... and surely that has got to be the right approach?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Like CPGull, I am also confused by your postings, Mushroom. The chairman says the books are in order, Steve Breed said on the radio last night that the club is not heading for administration, we've brought in three players in the past 8 days. You do seem to have inside knowledge, but why are you so sure that the club is heading for the buffers next month ? Are you saying that we are not being kept fully in the picture by the Board?
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Well in the scheme of things l am nobody not sure who or what you feel l am
I was going to be part of a consortium but not the money but have had a long association/involvement in Football/Cricket
The interim regime just wanted to move the Club on so they would not be where Steve and Co are now
I feel the only long term option is a fan owned structure such as Wimbledon. For my part l have no interest now in any involvement as l personally do not have the required funds would just of been an employee but have watched the Club for many years when living local

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
CP Gull wrote:Ok mushroom, like no doubt thousands of others I share your concern .... but to quote you ....

"There are NOT genuine people queuing up with the required funds to acquire or indeed invest"

Is that your opinion? If it is, then I suspect that there are more than a few fans of TUFC who may have misread who you are and what your intentions are!

I will never ask you to reveal your identity, that is your right, but I think it's fair to say that some on here (and elsewhere) are very confused as to your motives - you are clearly very close to recent events - but for all your revelations, with the greatest respect, we all know that things are pretty dire at TUFC. We DO know that we have very little money - we wish we had more - we would have liked to have kept Paul Cox (I think I can speak for the majority of fans here) but what exactly are we going to pay him with? Steve Breed (CEO) has gone on re ord many times as saying he will NOT bankrupt the club .... and surely that has got to be the right approach?

I was going to be part of a consortium but not the money but have had a long association/involvement in Football/Cricket
The interim regime just wanted to move the Club on so they would not be where Steve and Co are now
I feel the only long term option is a fan owned structure such as Wimbledon. For my part l have no interest now in any involvement as l personally do not have the required funds would just of been an employee but have watched the Club for many years when living local
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I believe Steve Breed; known him personally for long enough to know that he's not a liar. Mushroom, on the other hand, to my knowledge, I have never met. He (she) persists in this story that there is no money after October; therefore the club will die. I don't think so. I believe this club will live (though in which 'division' I wouldn't care to say). So I'd rather that you stopped the doom & gloom Mushroom. Just stick to brewing your coffee.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

taxilady wrote:I believe Steve Breed; known him personally for long enough to know that he's not a liar. Mushroom, on the other hand, to my knowledge, I have never met. He (she) persists in this story that there is no money after October; therefore the club will die. I don't think so. I believe this club will live (though in which 'division' I wouldn't care to say). So I'd rather that you stopped the doom & gloom Mushroom. Just stick to brewing your coffee.
Well that the purpose of forums is it not
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

mushroom wrote:Well in the scheme of things l am nobody not sure who or what you feel l am

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:

The plot thickens. Your favourite player is dean Edwards. You joined the forum on 12th June. It kind of says it all. Mushroom piss off. And stop posting crap. And it's nothing personal by the way.
Lucy
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

So, like most of us on here I guess, you have lived locally at some point in your life and are a fan of football ( and cricket) but you claim to have been part of a consortium that WAS interested in buying TUFC at some point it seems and yet, by your own admission, you "have no funds" .... how exactly is that going to help TUFC in our current situation? I imagine you are like the vast majority of fans, we would love to help out but don't have the necessary funds to make a real difference. Given your own situation, I think it's pretty hard of you to criticise others, who have committed funds, to criticise them .... when they are at least trying their best?

I imagine if you were part of a potential "consortium" that others within your group had sufficient funds to invest, but even if they did, would they have made a difference? Would they have done any better than the present incumbents? Would they have had the interest of TUFC at heart or did they have other motives? These are questions we need answers to!

Like you say, the AFC Wimbledon model is a great example of how a fan run club can be successful .... but the chances of achieving that in Torbay are slim at best .... sad, but true!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

mushroom wrote:I was going to be part of a consortium but not the money.........I feel the only long term option is a fan owned structure.
Following on from CPGull's post, just thought I'd highlight these two comments back to you, mushroom. They were in the same post and I'm not sure you thought this one through before posting it. Think about it. Whilst there is wriggle room if you so choose, this is not, at face value, the most ringing endorsement of a project you say you no longer have an interest in?
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Just wondering what others thought about Cox's formation and style because i dont know if Im the only one but i didnt like it one bit. I liked Cox's honesty and Im sure he was a descent bloke but i really didnt think his football was effective based on performances and results. I know we will never know but just how long was he going to persist with his formation? Just watching the pre season stuff against Plymouth and Yeovil you could see that we were going to have problems.
I was at the Galmpton pre season friendly and i only watched Exodus for 5 minutes and was concerned. I like having fullbacks that can be positive offensively but surely there first job is to defend.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Unfortunately Exodus is a liability. Providing we appoint a sane manager I would imagine that he won't be in the team for much longer.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Unfortunately Exodus is a liability. Providing we appoint a sane manager I would imagine that he won't be in the team for much longer.
100% agree. Awful - simply awful.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

There are suggestions that Exodus is currently playing with an injury. But Cox seemed to build his formation around him and i couldnt understand why. Surely Jamie Richards was a better option.