Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Georg

Post by Georg »

At the moment the situation isnt feasable for various reasons and wont be until the new year. But thats not saying that things wont change between now and then
HopeGloryGulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Sharpe

Post by HopeGloryGulls »

Dont know where ur getting ur figures from but they're way off the mark for this season. Kev has been offered funds but that's up to him. Think he's been smart giving the players a few games to prove their worth. As to assist managers he has options that are very good so I'm sure he will make an informed decision. Unlike Cox signing any old Mansfield rejects.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

George wrote: Some of you on here need to be stop being scared of the conference south too. Its a good league and a good standard - look at havant and waterlooville's squad.
Er, um ....... is that the same Havant & Waterlooville hammered 3 - 0 last Saturday by our future local derby rivals, Truro City? Sounds like they havant got a very good squad ............ :whistle:
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Richinns wrote: Take it from me? Why exactly? Who are you to say??
Do your own research like I have done then you will begin to understand where I am coming from. Forget the Asset Stripping argument there is nothing to strip. It all about remaining in this League this Season and to do that you must invest in the Players. More capital has to come from the Shareholders
:rules: :rules: :rules:

Added in 3 minutes 1 second:
George wrote:As i know someone who would be willing to invest if the situation was right. And no thats invest not asset stripp or building a tescos on Plainmoor.

That is a massive statement George but surely you need the
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yells wrote: Do your own research like I have done then you will begin to understand where I am coming from. Forget the Asset Stripping argument there is nothing to strip. It all about remaining in this League this Season and to do that you must invest in the Players. More capital has to come from the Shareholders

Forget the asset stripping argument?

You were the one who brought that up!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

George wrote:The budget is already over 600k, five directors have gone and players like fergus bell have come in over the past few weeks. With 2 or 3 players on a grand a week it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out the financial situation. Either deep pockets are needed at the end of the season or the wage bill still needs cutting. I still think the best way is going part time in the conference south , if it comes to that worst case scenario, and starting again from there. With four figure crowds Torquay united would be a massive club in the conference south. In the conference it is just another club just like a aldershot or halifax or any other thats been in the league apart from tranmere , grimsby and wrexham who are huge clubs from this league.
And then what? It'll be "I still think the best way is turning amateur in the Southern League , if it comes to that worst case scenario, and starting again from there."
Muppet.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

PhilGull wrote: And then what? It'll be "I still think the best way is turning amateur in the Southern League , if it comes to that worst case scenario, and starting again from there."
Muppet.
George I am not with you on that one. We must stay in this League. If you want to go lower you might as well do a Salisbury now and save money. The right thing is to invest Now in Players and stay up.

No need for personal abuse again :red:
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

Yells wrote: George I am not with you on that one. We must stay in this League. If you want to go lower you might as well do a Salisbury now and save money. The right thing is to invest Now in Players and stay up.

No need for personal abuse again :red:
Four Directors have gone, not five and Bell is on non-contract terms.
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Bomber wrote: Four Directors have gone, not five and Bell is on non-contract terms.
Given that Bill Phillips and several other previous Board Members writ off their Loans when they departed. Does anyone know if the recent Four Directors writ their Loan/Investment off on departure as well assuming of course it went in in the first place or was it left in. If yes how much?

Added in 14 minutes 46 seconds:
George wrote:I know a lot of people in football including Paul cox, Dean edwards, john ramshaw and a lot of the players. Every other club in this league knows whats going on at torquay because players speak to each other.. So I know the budget is over 600k based on the contracts that some players were on last season and those who have been signed and why no moneys available for Kevin nicholson to properly get his own squad togetehr without getting names off the bil first.

I can think of two players who are in there second season here whos wages alone are more than 100k. And the squad is over 25 now when it was supposed to be about 20 players this season. Thats what got said in an interview when the board with 10 took over.
George the Players Budget is not 600k in fact it is considerably less than that unless something has happened in recent times.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

We're getting bogged down with 'ifs and buts' about the club's finances on both this thread and the Ajala thread. Vital though the club's finances are, it's time to give it a rest. None of us know the true financial position and we won't know until the 2015/16 accounts are released, or if the Board release a statement (not a Statement of Significance) or, God help us, we hit the buffers within the next two or three months as hinted on here by one or two for 'sh*t stirring' effect (I don't include George or Yells in that description because some of their posts have made some sense or put an alternative view to the blind faith most of us have in the present Board).
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

It's Just Boring now, its on every topic currently being discussed. Keep looking on here to see if anyone has anything interesting to say but its just george and yells repeating the same thing over and over, just wording it differently! yawn!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

DJ Gull wrote:It's Just Boring now, its on every topic currently being discussed. Keep looking on here to see if anyone has anything interesting to say but its just george and yells repeating the same thing over and over, just wording it differently! yawn!

I want Brucie to stir up something so I can argue with him - that's how boring george, bungle and zippy are.

:)

That's a lie Brucie - I'm actually enjoying the fact that we are getting on for once.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: That's a lie Brucie - I'm actually enjoying the fact that we are getting on for once.
You're not hinting that Brucie is getting older and less abrasive are you ??? Poor ol' Wivel has been quiet on here recently. Both of his teams - Torquay and Whitby - are now in the relegation zone, although Whitby did manage a 0 - 0 draw last week. I'm beginning to fear that Wivel has jumped off Whitby pier. :'( I assume they do have a pier in Whitby.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yells wrote:
Given that Bill Phillips and several other previous Board Members writ off their Loans when they departed. Does anyone know if the recent Four Directors writ their Loan/Investment off on departure as well assuming of course it went in in the first place or was it left in. If yes how much?

That gave me the best laugh I've had in years. What a total bellend you are.

Added in 2 minutes 48 seconds:
tomogull wrote:We're getting bogged down with 'ifs and buts' about the club's finances on both this thread and the Ajala thread. Vital though the club's finances are, it's time to give it a rest. None of us know the true financial position and we won't know until the 2015/16 accounts are released, or if the Board release a statement (not a Statement of Significance) or, God help us, we hit the buffers within the next two or three months as hinted on here by one or two for 'sh*t stirring' effect (I don't include George or Yells in that description because some of their posts have made some sense or put an alternative view to the blind faith most of us have in the present Board).

It isn't blind faith or anything like it, it's called support. Before these cretins came on here spouting their nonsense where were they when it came to actually investing? Nowhere. People did choose to invest, their aim was simply to save the club they support, none of these leeches are fans, they have their own agenda and it's clear to see what it is.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Georg

Post by Georg »

PhilGull wrote: And then what? It'll be "I still think the best way is turning amateur in the Southern League , if it comes to that worst case scenario, and starting again from there."
Muppet.
Another person on here who thinks Torquay united are a super massive club and too big to be part time. Utter rubbish and the way things are going only foolish people would stay full time in the conference south - if it came to that