Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

mushroom wrote:

I have stayed off here as l felt clear issues threatening our Club were being treated with contempt
I can not recall the date but the 2 main reasons for PC departure were that a car with illegal tyres and not road worthy was presented to him for his long commute and most important that he introduced a genuine investor with football pedigree to DE who stated he would not allow that person to buy the Club during his tenure and ego problem if ever there was one
The Board have to find circa 100k by end of this month
A simple statement which either the Board can confirm or deny
PC is now working for a FL Club as adviser to its Chairman although his 1st preference is to go back into management
I have couple of problems with this.

Firstly, why would the club not wanting investment from a particular party mean that the manager had to leave? Unless he was only ever here for the sole purpose of helping his mate get the club?

Secondly, the club has already denied the financial armageddon rumours when the chairman stated a couple of weeks ago that the books balanced. If the club was truly 3 weeks away from closure why would the board pretend otherwise? What do you suggest they are hoping to gain from this strategy?

There are people close to the club on all 3 of our forums and I'm sure they would have informed us if the situation was as bad as you paint it.
Last edited by Jerry on 11 Oct 2015, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Well although part of the consortium back in April l was not the money and happy to confirm the same

All The Board needs to do is to confirm or deny the position at the end of October

Added in 3 minutes 21 seconds:
Jerry wrote: I have couple of problems with this.

Firstly, why would the club not wanting investment from a particular party mean that the manager had to leave? Unless he was only ever here for the sole purpose of helping his mate get the club?

Secondly, the club has already denied the financial armageddon rumours when the chairman stated a couple of weeks ago that the books balanced. If the club was truly 3 weeks away from closure why would the board pretend otherwise? What do you suggest they are hoping to gain from this strategy?

There are people close to the club on all 3 of our forums and I'm sure they would have informed us if the situation was as bad as you paint it.
Easily dealt with

Just revert to all previous disclosures l have made and you will find to be correct and in the case of PC resignation The Herald got that from me
Only 3 weeks to see if any truth

Added in 1 minute 5 seconds:
Jerry wrote: I have couple of problems with this.

Easily dealt with

Just revert to all previous disclosures l have made and you will find to be correct and in the case of PC resignation The Herald got that from me
Only 3 weeks to see if any truth
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Easily dealt with by not answering either of my questions. ;-)

Incidentally, why did you feel the need to leak things to the local press? As the financial director of a football league club shouldn't this sort of underhand shenanigans be beneath you?
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

So its ok for you to go to the press with your stories but you haven't got the boll>>>s to come out with it on an open forum. I worked for a current Board Member and I will ask them straight when I see them.

Don't bother us with your gloom and doom stories until the Club either folds or gets relegated................then you will have your moment in the sun to tell us all that you told us so.

Until then keep your negativity to yourself and let proper fans discuss the Club they love.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Need 100k do they? Lucky they haven't spent any of their initial investment, then, as that's that covered.

Players on over a grand a week? The only player who MIGHT be is Luke Young, although I wouldn't be certain. Other than that I i know none of the players Cox inherited are on that sort of money, so unless your bessie mate put Geohagen or Fairhurst on top dollar I'm inclined to say your talking total bollocks, as usual.

As for this shite about the car, if it did happen and he walked over that then good riddance, he's not the sort of petulant arse I would want at a football club that needs everyone pulling together. Why didn't he just get someone to change the tyres? They do it for bugger all down on belgrave road...

I can imagine he did walk over being told his rich friend wasn't welcome, that could be plausible, but I happen to put more faith in the current board making an assessment of someone's suitability to own MY football club than Paul Cox, who I don't know from Adam and could be in it for his own pocket. If DE and the board by extension turned down a rich man, my first thought is not "what fools" but "I bet that guy was dodgy, then". It's not blind faith, but it's faith that a group of reasonably sensible, intelligent and, most importantly, die hard Torquay fans wouldn't sell to a shark, but would sell to a genuine person.
Georg

Post by Georg »

Kit_robin wrote:Need 100k do they? Lucky they haven't spent any of their initial investment, then, as that's that covered.

Players on over a grand a week? The only player who MIGHT be is Luke Young, although I wouldn't be certain. Other than that I i know none of the players Cox inherited are on that sort of money, so unless your bessie mate put Geohagen or Fairhurst on top dollar I'm inclined to say your talking total bollocks, as usual.

As for this shite about the car, if it did happen and he walked over that then good riddance, he's not the sort of petulant arse I would want at a football club that needs everyone pulling together. Why didn't he just get someone to change the tyres? They do it for bugger all down on belgrave road...

I can imagine he did walk over being told his rich friend wasn't welcome, that could be plausible, but I happen to put more faith in the current board making an assessment of someone's suitability to own MY football club than Paul Cox, who I don't know from Adam and could be in it for his own pocket. If DE and the board by extension turned down a rich man, my first thought is not "what fools" but "I bet that guy was dodgy, then". It's not blind faith, but it's faith that a group of reasonably sensible, intelligent and, most importantly, die hard Torquay fans wouldn't sell to a shark, but would sell to a genuine person.
When the money runs out what are the board going to do then? Three options - put the club an admin, get investment from a fresh source or go running off to the Bank of Thea for a bail out.

The board massively lacks a football brain on it who could provide a great link between manager-board.

Im not naming names with players on over 1k a week but one of the players is in the 2nd year of his contract and is obsessed by money and bonusses. He could tell you how many starts & sub appearances hes made goals and assists and its so much so its embarasing to the point where hes not well liked in the dressing room (and thats come from the dressing room itself)!!!!
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

And surely with all your "knowledge" you would be the perfect fit ???????????
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Kit_robin wrote:Need 100k do they? Lucky they haven't spent any of their initial investment, then, as that's that covered.

Well the interim Board and Torquay Lord Mayor were desperate to get this guy in but l guess their assessment was not as qualified as yours
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

mushroom wrote:
Well the interim Board and Torquay Lord Mayor were desperate to get this guy in but l guess their assessment was not as qualified as yours
Why didn't the interim board sell to him then? Dean Edwards was just a lowly commercial manager when they held the reins so you can't blame that on him.

And we don't have a "Lord Mayor", we have an elected Mayor and I can't see how he is qualified to make any judgement on the situation. Quite apart from the fact that it had nothing to do with him.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Council owns the Freehold
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Good post Jerry. The Mayor shouldnt be shoehorning people into a Football Club he knows nothing about, it does suggest though, that the mystery investor could be local.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Never in the field of human history has so little been said over and over again over many many days by so few! ;-)
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

stefano wrote:Never in the field of human history has so little been said over and over again over many many days by so few! ;-)
Time is free,but it is priceless
You can't own it,but you can use it.
You can't keep it,but you can spend it.
Once you've lost it, you can never get it back.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Mushroom - George
I am sure that you know more than you are letting on however my own concerns are:

Dean Edwards has gone, have we reinvesting his salary?
Why pick Nicholson over the 129 other candidates, was is the least expensive option?
Why no assistance manager?
Why have the Bournemouth loanies retuned without any sign of a replacement?
Why with £8000 in the players fund have we not secured a 3 months loan signing or been given a target from the board?
Why are the Board members sitting on their original investments and not improving the squad at this crucial?
Why did Nichokson say that the answer is in the squad, no money available perhaps?
Goal keeping coach leaves when we are deep in the mire?
Something is in the air, possibly a little smoke from a burning fire?

IMHO we gave been cost cutting post Cox resignation, why?
Last edited by kevgull on 11 Oct 2015, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Has DE gone ?
£200 does not buy you much although 2 for 1 Manager and Player
Money used for Nicholson
P Cox relationship with Bournemouth
Unknown
Bond had to be paid to Conference other more pressing financial issues
Unknown
No smoke without fire
Impending demands